GDT G2/R2 Aug 25 Vancouver~Vegas 6:45PM Snet

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Re: GDT G2/R2 Aug 25 Vancouver~Vegas 6:45PM Snet

Post by Hockey Widow »

Vegas loves playing in the second period. They have systems perfected to keep the other team hemmed in on the long change. It showed last night in a big way. The key is to get a lead in the first and hold your own in the second. We have been a good third period team these playoffs. Vegas took it to us in a big way, especially the 2nd. They are relentless and don't quit.

With a league record in blocked shots last night you have to wonder who and when the next player is to go down with an injury. Thats the scary part. Let Myers rest another game and see where we are at. Yes, I am anticipating another Dman going down so the healthier Myers is when he returns the better.

Although Vegas took it to us we did a very solid job in keeping them to the outside, blocking shots and clearing lanes. It was a good team defensive win. Being able to score 5 goals also helps.
The only HW the Canucks need
Nuckertuzzi
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Nuckertuzzi »

theman wrote: Wed Aug 26, 2020 8:40 am Agree, we will need Myers back to solidify our top 4. Hopefully he is ready for game 3.

I liked Myers playoffs so far for his nasty demeanor, and we could really use that in this series, but easy to forget he's a turnover and penalty machine. The way VGK pressures and takes away time and space in a hurry, it could be trouble. But I'll take the nastiness, worth seeing the hacks, whacks and crosschecks on some of these guys.
Megaterio Llamas
MVP
MVP

Post by Megaterio Llamas »

Nuckertuzzi wrote: Wed Aug 26, 2020 11:49 am
theman wrote: Wed Aug 26, 2020 8:40 am Agree, we will need Myers back to solidify our top 4. Hopefully he is ready for game 3.

I liked Myers playoffs so far for his nasty demeanor, and we could really use that in this series, but easy to forget he's a turnover and penalty machine. The way VGK pressures and takes away time and space in a hurry, it could be trouble. But I'll take the nastiness, worth seeing the hacks, whacks and crosschecks on some of these guys.
I too have noticed the Myers love-in and the Benn, Fantenberg, Stecher hate fest we have here as a sidebar to this fun playoff run that's going on right now. I don't share in this feeling whatsoever, but you can't really miss it.
el rey del mambo
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

Megaterio Llamas wrote: Wed Aug 26, 2020 3:40 pm
Nuckertuzzi wrote: Wed Aug 26, 2020 11:49 am

I too have noticed the Myers love-in and the Benn, Fantenberg, Stecher hate fest we have here as a sidebar to this fun playoff run that's going on right now. I don't share in this feeling whatsoever, but you can't really miss it.
I am just glad I do not have to make some of these decisions, it will either be a great/horrible decision, not much of a grey area.