GDT: RD2: Canucks vs Knights>game1>Aug.23>7:30>SNETP

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Re: GDT: RD2: Canucks vs Knights>game1>Aug.23>7:30>SNETP

Post by Strangelove »

Micky wrote: Sun Aug 23, 2020 10:26 pm
Strangelove wrote: Sun Aug 23, 2020 10:17 pm
Micky wrote: Sun Aug 23, 2020 10:11 pm
Chef Boi RD wrote: Sun Aug 23, 2020 10:06 pm Is Roussel the only Canuck with some jam? Pretty lame, emotionless effort
Sorry Chef. Roussell was embarrassing with his playing the bad guy shit. Not the way to do it.
He's a pest, what would you have him do?
Back it up a wee bit more. Have a fight. Take someone important with you. Oh, he tried but they weren't going to have any of it.
Well if he tried to fight guys, what are you complaining about? :eh:

Damn, I think Rooster is smaller than every player on that dirty fucking Knights team...

Micky wrote: Sun Aug 23, 2020 10:26 pm Fuckers were laughing at the bench.
Yes because they were winning the game handily.

They were laughing because Reaves was "bwaak-bwaak-bwaaking" at Rooster.

They know Rooster would be crazy to fight Reaves, he's a pest, not a heavyweight.

But they wouldn't have been playing silly games and laughing if they were trailing.

Our scorers need to up their game, Rooster is not the guy you should be complaining about...
____
Try to focus on someday.
Todd Bersnoozi
CC Legend

Post by Todd Bersnoozi »

Cherry Picker wrote: Sun Aug 23, 2020 9:14 pm Need more speed. Bring Bailey in for Loui next game?
I like Bailey as well, but I'm not sure if this is the time to bring him in, just too green. I think the guy to bring in is Zack Attack Pack MacEwen (drop Eriksson or Hockey Gaud). He doesn't have to fight Reeves or anything, but just play his game and finish his checks whenever he can to give the team some energy. Stand up for teammates when he has too.
Megaterio Llamas wrote: Sun Aug 23, 2020 10:10 pm Reaves was having a great old time out there tonight.
Don't blame Rooster for trying to give us an edge, but it was prob a mistake. Rooster should cut the yapping for now and just play his hard, gritty, 2-way game.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Todd Bersnoozi wrote: Sun Aug 23, 2020 10:53 pm Rooster should cut the yapping
Yeah, that could happen.

:lol: :lol: :lol:
____
Try to focus on someday.
Todd Bersnoozi
CC Legend

Post by Todd Bersnoozi »

Strangelove wrote: Sun Aug 23, 2020 10:57 pm
Todd Bersnoozi wrote: Sun Aug 23, 2020 10:53 pm Rooster should cut the yapping
Yeah, that could happen.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Hit em where it hurts, Rooster should just score a big goal like he did in the last 2 series, then he can yap @ Reaves all he wants. :P
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

____
Try to focus on someday.
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

"evolution"
Puck
MVP
MVP

Post by Puck »

Wow. The NFL would love that for its pure gamesmanship. Reaves is pure asshole and Roussel actually plays it pretty well there. As usual, the NHL picks the absolute wrong thing to be concerned about. F..
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

"We're definitely not going to flush it and move on. We're going to analyze it tomorrow. We need to be better with the puck, that'd be a start. I thought in general, even in the first period, we missed some pucks we normally have. They got a quick team, that might have been part of it. Their speed might have caught some of our players by surprise. We'll definitely have to be better with the puck. It's a different type of game tonight than any other type we've played. this is probably our worst game so far, so the adjustments will be different. First and foremost we have to play a lot better if we want to respond. I have a lot of belief in our group." - Green
----------------------
https://www.nhl.com/canucks/video/post- ... /c-5407675

Post game, Green; This was right after the game ended..Next segment is Markstrom and Edler.

Green did not say they were tired. :crazy: Many things to go over.

First question to Marky was about understanding why he was being taken out of the game. :look: :look:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Crosscheck on Hughes:
NO- CALL

Double Team on Roussell:
NO -CALL

actually, Vegas was coming off a five day break.
Last edited by Mickey107 on Mon Aug 24, 2020 1:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
"evolution"
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Oh well at least we made it to the 2nd round, pretty good for a young core team.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Sun Aug 23, 2020 9:49 pm Horvat is a Gillis pick. I hate this player
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Sun Aug 23, 2020 9:06 pm
Micky wrote: Sun Aug 23, 2020 9:02 pm
Chef Boi RD wrote: Sun Aug 23, 2020 8:59 pm The Canucks are giving them way to much respect, playing scared
The canucks are pooped. No gas.
Because they have zero adrenaline going. When you got adrenaline going you can go all night.
You tell em Bumpty
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Sun Aug 23, 2020 8:45 pm I hate Benn. And all BC hockey players for that matter.
UWSaint
MVP
MVP

Post by UWSaint »

That was a poor game. Good thing the series is played in stand alone increments.

As poor as it was, while the game was a going concern, you could see the kinds of adjustments that the Canucks could make that would improve their chances. The Knights made less mistakes and capitalized on some real Canuck brain farts, in addition to tactically playing a game the Canucks didn’t adjust well to. Sharpness and smarts are on the individual players—I can’t imagine we will see so little spark and so many mistakes again. And tactics, there will be adjustments from Green and they will go away.

As for Reaves and Roussel, it’s a total distraction. So what if Reaves embarrasses Roussel and Roussel’s antics backfire. For those pining for Reaves, I admit he played a good game overall (not just with Rooster), but the guy has a long track record of inconsistent play and getting schooled. He’s a flawed bottom 6 players — most are — and not one who takes over.

That’s not to say he can’t have good games, he can. By the way, I thought the play of the game was when Reaves let up so as to not end Gaudette’s season. 88 became vulnerable and Reaves let up. Reaves’ game was pretty clean overall last night—the hard hits were good hockey hits and the get-a-pass-in-the playoffs stick work was all well within the norm.
Hono_rary Canadian
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

You know the Canucks outshot the Knights 13 to 5 When Reaves was on the ice. Please Vegas! Play him more! He’s an idiot.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

For Doyle - Horvat played like a 4th line centre last night. Benn was his usual pylon self. Stecher? Nothing new here
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau