LOL

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Re: LOL

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Edge Lord wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 7:01 pm
Chef Boi RD wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 6:53 pm Lord of the Edges of Bleached Anals can’t seem to not talk about Benning. Hmmmmmm

Captains Log:
Stardate - 2020.06.04
Time - 18.54
Captain Chef reporting

Edge Lord. An errand boy sent by grocery clerks to collect the bill
Thanks for the shout out!
Imagine writing fan fic on a message board that trashes another message board. That's next level neckbeard stuff :lol:
You’re welcome.

Stay tuned

More to come
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Edge Lord wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 6:58 pm Don't get me wrong, I'm ecstatic to have Pettersson and Hughes. But I don't really view them as a product of GM acumen. Scouting? For sure. Hughes to me was the BPA at where we picked so I don't see it as some steal or something.

I think the only thing that needs to be said on why it makes sense to trash Benning is based on this. If it were up to Benning our team would look something like (to be fair, some of it is based on rumours, but they're based on multiple sources at least):

IN: Bolland, Lucic, Eriksson, Hanifin, Subban, Glass
OUT: Boeser (traded the 2015 pick for Lucic), Hughes (offered the pick for Hanifin), Pettersson, and potentially Horvat if the Subban rumour was true.

People might say "but those things never happened so who cares", but I think the intent of a GM is still important in determining how qualified they are for the job. Benning still wanted to make those moves which is absurd.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Awesome.
____
Try to focus on someday.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

If ifs and buts were candy and nuts ......
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

I guess Pat Quinn gets credit for adding Gretzky... twice!

(1988 and 1996)

So let's see, that's 2 Gretzkies for Quinn... he wins!!! :thumbs:
____
Try to focus on someday.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Edge Lord wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 7:23 pm
Doyle Hargraves wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 7:21 pm If ifs and buts were candy and nuts ......
So I guess our judicial system should acquit anyone charged with attempted murder. Since intent doesn't matter, right?
Maybe it's Mëds socking it to us, trying to make HFers look like total fucking loony toons again...
____
Try to focus on someday.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Doyle Hargraves wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 7:21 pm If ifs and buts were candy and nuts ......
So I guess our judicial system should acquit anyone charged with attempted murder. Since intent doesn't matter, right?
Lol WTF?? :lol:
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Megaterio Llamas
MVP
MVP

Post by Megaterio Llamas »

Edge Lord wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 7:35 pm
Doyle Hargraves wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 7:32 pm
Your post indicated that because those moves never happened, the intent behind them doesn't matter. I'm applying your logic to another situation to show how dumb it is. :D
We should count our lucky stars then that old Jimbo is so weak and incompetent that he can't execute on his intent and just be grateful for the complete accidents or subterfuge from his assistants that resulted in Pettersson, Hughes, Boeser?

The accidental rebuild narrative.
el rey del mambo
Megaterio Llamas
MVP
MVP

Edge Lord wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 7:49 pm
Megaterio Llamas wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 7:44 pm
Edge Lord wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 7:35 pm
Your post indicated that because those moves never happened, the intent behind them doesn't matter. I'm applying your logic to another situation to show how dumb it is. :D
We should count our lucky stars then that old Jimbo is so weak and incompetent that he can't execute on his intent and just be grateful for the complete accidents or subterfuge from his assistants that resulted in Pettersson, Hughes, Boeser?

The accidental rebuild narrative.
The accidental rebuild already happened. I put that on Aquilini, not Benning. Benning was just following orders in trying to make the playoffs, it's not his fault that the agenda was set that way. But Benning did say that we were a team that "could be turned around in a hurry." And we still spent to the cap every season. And we still traded away picks/prospects for immediate help. If you don't think management tried to build a competitive team every season yet failed, then we've been following different teams.
Agree 1000% And that was my mantra over at HF Canucks.

What was your handle over at HF there? I'm sure we must have crossed paths over there, I just recently left.
Last edited by Megaterio Llamas on Thu Jun 04, 2020 7:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
el rey del mambo
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

It's called madhouse math...

https://youtu.be/9UNV2c-A4BU?t=120
____
Try to focus on someday.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Benning, Benning, Benning! - Jan Brady
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

I guess Pat Quinn gets credit for adding Gretzky... twice!

(1988 and 1996)

Fucking lunatics...
____
Try to focus on someday.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

____
Try to focus on someday.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Edge Lord wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 7:49 pm But Benning did say that we were a team that "could be turned around in a hurry."
Compared to Buffalo’s Current long standing 9 year full tank rebuild and still tank rebuilding, Benning did turn it around in a decent, expected timeline when considering the shit show that he inherited from Mike “still not working in the NHL since he was fired” Gillis.
Last edited by Chef Boi RD on Thu Jun 04, 2020 8:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Megaterio Llamas
MVP
MVP

Strangelove wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 7:56 pm I guess Pat Quinn gets credit for adding Gretzky... twice!

(1988 and 1996)

Fucking lunatics...
Does that also mean we get credit for winning the Stanley Cup in 2011?

We did try pretty hard.
el rey del mambo
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »