GDT: Canucks versus Blues Gm3 7:30 pst SNP

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Re: GDT: Canucks versus Blues Gm3 7:30 pst SNP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Carl Yagro wrote: Sun Aug 16, 2020 10:48 pm
Chef Boi RD wrote: Sun Aug 16, 2020 10:44 pm It’s amazing some aren’t feeling the absence of Myers we were shit in our own end all night
Exactly. It's a trickle down effect.

I don't know what systems they teach, but even in beer-league the last D back should make sure he's in the middle of the ice with no one sneaking behind him.

Stecher was out to lunch.

Come back strong tomorrow.
Stecher was definitely the goat on the OT goal, with Hughes pinching what the fuck was he doing?
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
5thhorseman
MVP
MVP

Post by 5thhorseman »

Per wrote: Sun Aug 16, 2020 10:48 pm
5thhorseman wrote: Sun Aug 16, 2020 10:44 pm Huggy took a chance. Can't fault him.
Quinn Hughes - goat of the game, eh? ;)
I was happy to see Huggy putting the game on his shoulders. We need leadership.
5thhorseman
MVP
MVP

Post by 5thhorseman »

Was Stech not coming off the bench?
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Sun Aug 16, 2020 10:45 pm
Micky wrote: Sun Aug 16, 2020 10:44 pm
Chef Boi RD wrote: Sun Aug 16, 2020 10:43 pm The Blues deserved the win.
Not really.

FUCK that stings...
You think we played well? What game was I watching? The Blues were way better
The penalty killing was effing amazing though. Or if it is that the blues has the shittiest power play of the league.
Either or.

And huge game by Markström, imho.

Even though we lost this game, I’m impressed by the fight in these kids.
We’re playing the fucking Stanley Cup champions for chrissake, and even though they have more of the game, they have the hardest time getting the puck in the net. We’re leading 2-1 and could just as easily have won this game too.
Whatever you do, always give 100 %!
Except when donating blood.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Sun Aug 16, 2020 10:44 pm It’s amazing some aren’t feeling the absence of Myers we were shit in our own end all night
Because that isn’t what happened. Sure they missed him but the wingers didn’t help the D all night. Not at all. And Hughes needs to tone it down a bit in OT. Stecher needs to be better in that goal as well. As I said, he’s fine with 15 minutes of ice time. Fantenberg and Benn were both better than him tonight though. They need to play a bit more conservative in OT.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

We are in trouble defensively if we don’t get Myers back.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Ya, Myers being out sucks shit and the Blues pored on the physicality but we were still one shot away from a 3-0 series lead. No big credit to
the Blues at all. The biggest thing they had in their favor was Schenn being a shit and he did it well.

Can't blame it all on Myers being out. Fantenburg had his best game donning the Whale.

Allen was good as opposed to Binnington being not so good.
"evolution"
Megaterio Llamas
MVP
MVP

Post by Megaterio Llamas »

el rey del mambo
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Doyle Hargraves wrote: Sun Aug 16, 2020 10:53 pm
Because that isn’t what happened. Sure they missed him but the wingers didn’t help the D all night. Not at all. And Hughes needs to tone it down a bit in OT. Stecher needs to be better in that goal as well. As I said, he’s fine with 15 minutes of ice time. Fantenberg and Benn were both better than him tonight though. They need to play a bit more conservative in OT.
Myers wingspan and skating does more good than you realize. Our forwards do need to be better though. The Blues were winning puck battles and beating us to loose pucks all night. We were chasing them the whole game. The Blues game plan is to play Stecher hard, he’s a wreck under pressure
Megaterio Llamas
MVP
MVP

Post by Megaterio Llamas »

The good thing is we get right back at em tomorrow.

I have already wiped this one.
el rey del mambo
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

rats19 wrote: Sun Aug 16, 2020 10:36 pm
Chef Boi RD wrote: Sun Aug 16, 2020 10:35 pm That’s a penalty. Slew foot
Not when the whistles are put away
I have no problem with the actual call. It’s the timing of it. Whistles were away all game. That favours St Louis. So if you pull them back out in the dying minutes and OT you better call it square.
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

I figured Blues would take this one.

As soon as they posted that stat about coining back from down 2-0 I was certain of it....and now figure the Blues take the series.
mr perfect
MVP
MVP

Post by mr perfect »

Yes, St Louis was the better team tonight, they are after all the defending Stanley Cup champions. But considering they were close to going down 0-3, they weren't that much better. Jake Allen was very good tonight.
5thhorseman
MVP
MVP

Post by 5thhorseman »

There wasn't much flow to this game. Scrambly throughout and honestly could have gone either way though the Blues had the overall edge. The boys need to put it behind them. They have the potential to win this. Eeyores can shut it!
CrzyCanuck
CC Legend

Post by CrzyCanuck »

it was never gonna be easy anyone

I'm okay with having one off game and then we start another 2 game winning streak to close out the series :D

Tomorrow's game will be crucial
Hockey is Life, Nothing Else Matters