GDT: Canucks versus Blues Gm2 3:30pst SNP

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Re: GDT: Canucks versus Blues Gm2 3:30pst SNP

Post by rats19 »

Carl Yagro wrote: Fri Aug 14, 2020 7:36 pm
rats19 wrote: Fri Aug 14, 2020 7:27 pm
Strangelove wrote: Fri Aug 14, 2020 7:20 pm Lol, Hughes lying on his belly in the corner after feeding Bo, grinning as he watches him score the OT winner.

Nice pass Huggy!!
Yah that was priceless

Any word on Myers?
Yeah, I wonder what he was saying to Bozek?

I was actually worried when he stayed down after ducking the hit. Looked like he was wincing a bit.

I don't think anyone asked this yet but... any word on Myers?
Gassed.. sucking air!

And word on Myers?
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

The only HW the Canucks need
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Hockey Widow wrote: Fri Aug 14, 2020 7:39 pm 14
:D
____
Try to focus on someday.
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Strangelove wrote: Fri Aug 14, 2020 7:40 pm
Hockey Widow wrote: Fri Aug 14, 2020 7:39 pm 14
:D
Can't believe I forgot! Thanks for the reminder Doc.
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Any news on Myers?
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

rats19 wrote: Fri Aug 14, 2020 7:37 pm And word on Myers?
Green said Myers is "unfit to play".

He looked good skating off, so not lower body, not concussion?

Given the way he went into the boards, gotta be his shoulder right?
____
Try to focus on someday.
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

Strangelove wrote: Fri Aug 14, 2020 7:42 pm

Yah that was my guess too... shoulder
Carl Yagro
MVP
MVP

Post by Carl Yagro »

This would be a good time for someone to take Sean Connery's advice.

I want to see someone Ness up that little POS Schenn and make him unfit to play.
The Best GD Canucks Hockey Talk Forum in the World... With Only 18 People!
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Cherry Picker wrote: Fri Aug 14, 2020 6:49 pm
Chef Boi RD wrote: Fri Aug 14, 2020 6:39 pm If Myers can’t go is it Juolevi or Benn?
Probably Benn. The right side is the off side for both of them, but Benn played that side a lot in Montreal, and he is more physical. I can’t see Juolevi getting the call to play his off side. If Benn isn’t ready they probably go with Chatfield or less likely Rafferty.
Don't forget Phantomburger can also play the right side.

I could see them do that and bring in Juolevi, who looked good in the few minutes he played.

Benn joined the bubble late and has had what... ONE practice so far?

I doubt he's ready and I don't think Green trusts him much at the best of times.
____
Try to focus on someday.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Carl Yagro wrote: Fri Aug 14, 2020 7:51 pm

This would be a good time for someone to take Sean Connery's advice.

I want to see someone Ness up that little POS Schenn and make him unfit to play.
:wink: :thumbs:
____
Try to focus on someday.
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

And the bench erupts !
https://twitter.com/zumanachowdhury/sta ... 9447684096
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The victorious walk into the dressing room-- https://twitter.com/Canucks/status/1294459431715876866
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sportsnet Stats@SNstats -Bo Horvat --First player in Canucks history with a short-handed goal & OT goal in the same playoff game
6:52 PM · Aug 14, 2020·
“He's playing phenomenal right now. Last 3 games as good as I've seen him. I know he wasn't happy with his game in his first couple. The good thing with Bo is you can be honest with him... If anyone's made for playoff hockey it's Bo Horvat.“ - Green on Horvat
--------------------
“Anytime you're playing a team as good as St. Louis you're going to spend some time in your own zone. We had a few too many penalties called against us, but I've liked how we played in our zone.” - Green on Canucks defensive system
--------------------
“It was two good plays by two good players. Don't know how many guys can make the pass that Hughes could. He's one of those players that can make those quick stretch passes. I try to stay composed on the bench as much as I can. After a game like this you get a little excited. Guys stood up in front of me... I know it was a hell of a goal.” - Green on OT goal
-------------------
“I was pretty honest with them. If you would've told us we could go up 2-0 after game two in overtime we would've taken that before the series. The team knew what do in overtime, they knew how much it meant.” - Green on what he said during 3rd intermission
-------------------
“No update on Myers. He was unfit to play. I got no explanations on any of the calls tonight.“ - Green on Myers
-------------------
“Our guys are willing to sacrifice, they've shown it. It's not just the guys on the PK, it's anyone. You see Petey go down and block a shot. That's bleeding through our team, that sacrifice and resiliency. Every game is a teaching moment and they passed a hard test tonight.” - Green
Jeff Paterson@patersonjeff
asked Canucks Green if he got any explanation on the non-call on Blais for hit on Sutter.
'I didn't get an explanation on any calls tonight'
7:24 PM · Aug 14, 2020·
"evolution"
mr perfect
MVP
MVP

Post by mr perfect »

Was watching SN post game and prior to Flegms/Stars start. David Yellow claimed the refs ruled the Blues 3rd and game tying goal was ruled no goal on the ice. If true, it means the War Room in TO claimed irrefutable evidence of no high stick and over ruled the refs. I felt it was too close to call on the ice which means the original ruling on the ice stands.
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

mr perfect wrote: Fri Aug 14, 2020 8:13 pm Was watching SN post game and prior to Flegms/Stars start. David Yellow claimed the refs ruled the Blues 3rd and game tying goal was ruled no goal on the ice. If true, it means the War Room in TO claimed irrefutable evidence of no high stick and over ruled the refs. I felt it was too close to call on the ice which means the original ruling on the ice stands.
Conspiracy.... shouldn’t have booed team canada... lol
Curmudgeon
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Curmudgeon »

To win in overtime like that after a debatable tying goal in the final seconds with the officials screwing them all night, is massive. First year captain Horvat set up by 20 year old rookie Quinn Hughes and you have Pettersson getting a couple points and game saving OT shot block and Boeser with two points. What a great looking present and future.I thought they played a great game as a team, better than some are saying, and the Blues added momentum as a result of the power plays being 6-3 affected the flow in the their favour as could be expected and made them look better than they actually were. Canucks aren't the least bit intimidated.

Just think, we're in Year 2 of post Sedins, Horvat's first year as captain, Petersson's 21 in his second season, Hughes is a 20 year old rookie, and Boeser is 23 in his third year, the young guys are leading the way in the playoffs already and the team has seven players at a PPG over the six games to date. We're just getting started folks.
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

Curmudgeon wrote: Fri Aug 14, 2020 8:38 pm To win in overtime like that after a debatable tying goal in the final seconds with the officials screwing them all night, is massive. First year captain Horvat set up by 20 year old rookie Quinn Hughes and you have Pettersson getting a couple points and game saving OT shot block and Boeser with two points. What a great looking present and future.I thought they played a great game as a team, better than some are saying, and the Blues added momentum as a result of the power plays being 6-3 affected the flow in the their favour as could be expected and made them look better than they actually were. Canucks aren't the least bit intimidated.

Just think, we're in Year 2 of post Sedins, Horvat's first year as captain, Petersson's 21 in his second season, Hughes is a 20 year old rookie, and Boeser is 23 in his third year, the young guys are leading the way in the playoffs already and the team has seven players at a PPG over the six games to date. We're just getting started folks.
It is a grande feeling eh curmy