Who wins the lottery?

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Who wins the lottery?

Poll ended at Tue Aug 11, 2020 10:04 am

Oilers
14%
Predators
14%
Wild
14%
Jets
No votes
Rangers
29%
Penguins
7%
Maple leaves
No votes
Panthers
21%

Total votes: 14

Megaterio Llamas
MVP
MVP

Re: Who wins the lottery?

Post by Megaterio Llamas »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Mon Aug 10, 2020 5:36 pm
Doyle Hargraves wrote: Mon Aug 10, 2020 5:31 pm Yeah if we had the pick I wouldn’t want Benning to trade it for 3 and 5 either. Lafreniere is going to be one of the best players in the league. He’s a beauty. I’m just curious if Ottawa wants to take a run at trading for the pick.
Ottawa is going to do very well at 3 and 5

At 3rd it will either be Byfield or Stutzle and at 5th either Drisdale, Perfetti, Raymond, Holtz, Rossi. They are set
They'll most likely wing up with Stutzle at three and then 'bank' on Drysdale at five.
el rey del mambo
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Megaterio Llamas wrote: Mon Aug 10, 2020 6:33 pm
Chef Boi RD wrote: Mon Aug 10, 2020 5:36 pm
Doyle Hargraves wrote: Mon Aug 10, 2020 5:31 pm Yeah if we had the pick I wouldn’t want Benning to trade it for 3 and 5 either. Lafreniere is going to be one of the best players in the league. He’s a beauty. I’m just curious if Ottawa wants to take a run at trading for the pick.
Ottawa is going to do very well at 3 and 5

At 3rd it will either be Byfield or Stutzle and at 5th either Drisdale, Perfetti, Raymond, Holtz, Rossi. They are set
They'll most likely wing up with Stutzle at three and then 'bank' on Drysdale at five.
That’s a serious haul if Ottawa can land both Stutzle and Drysdale

Something tells me Stevie Y wants the German - Stutzle badly, to go with the German - Seider whom they picked 6th overall last year
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Curmudgeon
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Curmudgeon »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Mon Aug 10, 2020 6:37 pm
That’s a serious haul if Ottawa can land both Stutzle and Drysdale

Something tells me Stevie Y wants the German - Stutzle badly, to go with the German - Seider whom they picked 6th overall last year
No kidding, that is a serious haul. The Sens have a very impressive cast of young guys and prospects on the way, they're going to be something in a couple years or so. They could use some more foundational veteran leadership like Sutter and Eriksson though.
theman
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by theman »

I'm okay with the Rangers winning it. Thank god the leaves, Penguins and Oilers didn't win.
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Has anyone checked in on Corn today? Heard he might not be doing so well.....
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Hockey Widow wrote: Mon Aug 10, 2020 3:37 pm So glad Toronto and Edmonton failed to get the 1 OA. I can live with the Rangers. I think I only would have been pleased had it been Florida.
Found Corn.....he's got his gun and is out looking for Wids. :lol:
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Mon Aug 10, 2020 5:20 pm
Strangelove wrote: Mon Aug 10, 2020 5:17 pm
Chef Boi RD wrote: Mon Aug 10, 2020 5:07 pm Do they approach Ottawa and propose “you want Lafrenierre? The 3rd and 5th will get it done.l
WHOA... you and Hargraves are on the same wavelength today... scary!
I wouldn’t do it, Lafrenierre is a stud. Still not sold on Byfield being a superstar, maybe more like an Eric Staal. Lafrenierre has star potential
Lafreniere is a winger though. Byfield is a center. Superstar or not, a shot at Byfield and one of Drysdale or Sanderson.....you just added a top-6 center and potential top pairing PPQB in one draft. The comparables there are Malkin, Makar, and McAvoy. Byfield is 6'4" 215. If he falls short of Malkin and ends up being a Getzlaf that's still a big win.

Oh and of course the whole BLM thing for optics too! :lol:
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Mëds wrote: Mon Aug 10, 2020 8:14 pm
Chef Boi RD wrote: Mon Aug 10, 2020 5:20 pm I wouldn’t do it, Lafrenierre is a stud. Still not sold on Byfield being a superstar, maybe more like an Eric Staal. Lafrenierre has star potential
Lafreniere is a winger though.

Byfield is a center.
Lafreniere/Byfield could be a 2020 Canadian version of the 2004 Russian Ovechkin/Malkin. A franchise winger vs franchise center, but Alexis is more of a playmaker vs sniper like Ovie, more like a Jonathan Huberdeau, whom some compared him to - https://www.nhl.com/news/nhl-central-sc ... -316476616

Byfield has been compared to Malkin and Getzlaf a lot, a high-end power center.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.