The Official Dave Ayres CC "All Thing Leaves" thread

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

BigTuna
CC Hall of Fan Member

Re: The Official CC "All Thing Leaves" thread

Post by BigTuna »

Lancer wrote: Thu Aug 01, 2019 8:04 am
BigTuna wrote: Thu Aug 01, 2019 7:25 am
Uncle dans leg wrote: Thu Aug 01, 2019 7:12 am
BigTuna wrote: Thu Aug 01, 2019 7:04 am The only reason Vancouver found an excuse not to is Toronto jealousy.
Do you really think anyone could possibly be jealous of that shithole of a city? Honestly though...do you?
You mean the shithole city which finishes top of every ranking?
Are you seriously going to go back to that assertion when you consistently get your head rhetorically kicked in here every time you do it? Are you a masochist or just that bored???
You mean when I provide lists to prove it and then everyone ignores it here? You do know Vancouver's crime rate is much higher than Toronto's right?
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

If everyone dreamed of driving around in 24 hour a day traffic jams or inhaling polution then I'd say your lists are accurate.
The reality is its an enormous never ending urban sprawl populated by 70% immigrants who absolutely love it and vote how wonderful it is in realtor driven propaganda polls(compared to mogadishu or new deli the sewage lagoons of torontoilet must seem wonderful this time of year)
If you need air...call it in
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Image.Image

Image .........Will Prevail
.ImageImage
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>How do you feel about leaving TO?
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Awesome man, awsome.
"evolution"
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

BigTuna wrote: Thu Aug 01, 2019 7:03 am
Mëds wrote: Thu Aug 01, 2019 6:55 am
Reefer2 wrote: Thu Aug 01, 2019 5:01 am
BigTuna wrote: Thu Aug 01, 2019 4:54 am https://twitter.com/MikeKellyNHL/status ... 3779229698

Take him in your pools kids.
Still no goalie and your D is barely improved. The best part is after this season half your D is gone.
Andersen is a goalie. He's just not a proven clutch performer yet.

Their D is quite improved I think, Barrie is a big upgrade on Gardiner because he plays RS. Barrie will get $8M next year, Gardiner isn't even getting a bite so far and his rumored price was the same as Myers.....or a bit more. BUT.....you are right about next season, and not just half, ALL but Reilly. Everyone in Toronto is so certain that Sandin and Liljgren will slot in on their ELC's, but currently the Leaves are so far above the cap ceiling that they can't even return Dermott to the lineup from LTIR without going even further above.....oh and he's a free agent next year too.

Most teams that were where Tarrana was 2 years ago in terms of young, talented skaters, are gearing up for a 5-7 year window of contention. Instead Dubas shortened that window substantially by signing Tavares. That immediately screwed the team because $10 Million William looked at JT's career stats and saw a guy who had punched below 1ppg for his entire career get $11M to come home and play for his boyhood team.....so he figured he should get something bigger than was offered too for his production, and Dubas gave it to him. Marner and Matthews both had to be signed for the following season, there was only one real piece signed on the blueline, and goaltending was unproven. So why give the massive bucks to a guy like JT when it puts you in such a bind?

Tavares is just the next name on a long list of free agents that Toronto gave a wheelbarrow of money to just so they would wear the blue and white.....but not win anything. But take comfort Leaf fans, Tavares will be there after Matthews is gone.
A rookie just won the stanley cup. Andersen isn't the best, but generally the "Best" goalies have 0 cup wins. It's about the team. They certainly do not need to go out and get a "Better" goalie (Who?) for his age, stats and cap hit. He's atrue #1.

And how did Tavares shorten the window? All it did was rob them the chance of doing what Benning did this summer, overpay bottom 6 guys for no reason.

Identity a core of 5-7 players. Cheap-out on the rest. They are better with Tavares, not worse.

BTW, wasn't the Leaves terrible cap isues supposed to mean Nylander traded lomg ago and multiple offersheets for Marner? Looks to me like they are keeping the core intact damn good.

Check the cap situation right now for a team with an "Amazing" future-NY Rangers. everyone raves about them, but they have no cap and had to buy-put SHattrenkirk. Kind of shows you the Leaves cap issues were vastly overhyped.
I meant to write that Andersen is a good goalie (because he is). He hasn't won jack shit in the post-season, and he's come up empty in many big games.....reminds me a bit of Luongo at times.

Oh and that rookie was a 26 year old "kid" playing behind one of the deepest bluelines in the league. Have you looked at your defensive core Tuna?

The window shortened because they now have to give 40% of the available cap to 3 players (assuming they can keep Marner). They don't have room to upgrade where they need to upgrade. I'll grant that Marner has exceeded expectations by probably 10-20 points this early in his career, but it was still stupid. The Leaves need has been on the blueline since forever, Dubas didn't acknowledge that and went for the big name forward when he already had 2 top-tier star forwards waiting in the wings and a couple of 2nd tiers as well.

Now he has to hope like hell that Sandin and Liljgren will be top-4 NHL defensemen while still on their ELC's.....and that they will be capable of producing as such in the playoffs. But 2 years from now they will want big raises too if they pull that off.
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

2015 NHL draft; http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/draft/nhl2015e.html
Give you one point for not choosing Strome.

2016 NHL draft; http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/draft/nhl2016e.html
You tanked / you won. Still to this day have a problem with the ethics used in that last 6 weeks, iffy.
"evolution"
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

BigTuna wrote: Thu Aug 01, 2019 8:36 am
BigTuna wrote: Thu Aug 01, 2019 7:04 am The only reason Vancouver found an excuse not to is Toronto jealousy.
Do you really think anyone could possibly be jealous of that shithole of a city? Honestly though...do you?
Are you seriously going to go back to that assertion when you consistently get your head rhetorically kicked in here every time you do it? Are you a masochist or just that bored???
You mean when I provide lists to prove it and then everyone ignores it here? You do know Vancouver's crime rate is much higher than Toronto's right?
https://www.thestar.com/news/crime/2019 ... ights.html

Your city is a shit hole, a fucking outhouse that hasn’t been cleaned in years. No one wants to move there except those who don’t know better then they can’t get out.

You have no G except the same dude who has lost it 3 years in row.

You Tuna are also a good indicator of the public education system in Toronto, I assume math is not your strong point when it comes to looking at the mess dumbass has made for the team? Explain what you see happening going forward when the team has $40M tied up in 4 forwards?
mr perfect
MVP
MVP

Post by mr perfect »

BigTuna wrote: Thu Aug 01, 2019 8:36 am
Uh huh.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/ ... -1.5226940

Tell me, do you tell your friends over at Calgary Puke how you think your city is so much better than theirs?
mr perfect
MVP
MVP

Post by mr perfect »

Mëds wrote: Thu Aug 01, 2019 6:57 am
BigTuna wrote: Thu Aug 01, 2019 6:43 am
Hockey Widow wrote: Thu Aug 01, 2019 5:58 am It makes no difference to leaves outcome if Nylander has a season for the ages. Really. I’ll be happy for him if he produces at a pace he is expected to. I’ll be happy for Tuna too. With great Blue Jay sell off and the fleeing of Leonard, Tuna needs something to keep his sanity.
I've seen a championship in the last 2 months. Vancouver has never seen one.
But it's basketball Tuna.....none of us really give a shit. It's cool and all, but mostly because it's rare that you see a GM make such a ballsy move as Ujiri did and have it pay off. But honestly, it's still basketball, and none of us could care less.
Is basketball a sport? Am I supposed to give a shit?
mr perfect
MVP
MVP

Post by mr perfect »

Hockey Widow wrote: Thu Aug 01, 2019 5:58 am It makes no difference to leaves outcome if Nylander has a season for the ages. Really. I’ll be happy for him if he produces at a pace he is expected to. I’ll be happy for Tuna too. With great Blue Jay sell off and the fleeing of Leonard, Tuna needs something to keep his sanity.
Funny thing. Edmonton used to think that having a championship winner be it a Stanley Cup, a Grey Cup or some woman winning a darts tournament in Red Deer made it a great place. Didn't change the fact that Edmonton is still full of inbred hillbillies and coked up roughnecks.
mr perfect
MVP
MVP

Post by mr perfect »

BigTuna wrote: Thu Aug 01, 2019 7:03 am
Mëds wrote: Thu Aug 01, 2019 6:55 am
Reefer2 wrote: Thu Aug 01, 2019 5:01 am
BigTuna wrote: Thu Aug 01, 2019 4:54 am https://twitter.com/MikeKellyNHL/status ... 3779229698

Take him in your pools kids.
Still no goalie and your D is barely improved. The best part is after this season half your D is gone.
Andersen is a goalie. He's just not a proven clutch performer yet.

Their D is quite improved I think, Barrie is a big upgrade on Gardiner because he plays RS. Barrie will get $8M next year, Gardiner isn't even getting a bite so far and his rumored price was the same as Myers.....or a bit more. BUT.....you are right about next season, and not just half, ALL but Reilly. Everyone in Toronto is so certain that Sandin and Liljgren will slot in on their ELC's, but currently the Leaves are so far above the cap ceiling that they can't even return Dermott to the lineup from LTIR without going even further above.....oh and he's a free agent next year too.

Most teams that were where Tarrana was 2 years ago in terms of young, talented skaters, are gearing up for a 5-7 year window of contention. Instead Dubas shortened that window substantially by signing Tavares. That immediately screwed the team because $10 Million William looked at JT's career stats and saw a guy who had punched below 1ppg for his entire career get $11M to come home and play for his boyhood team.....so he figured he should get something bigger than was offered too for his production, and Dubas gave it to him. Marner and Matthews both had to be signed for the following season, there was only one real piece signed on the blueline, and goaltending was unproven. So why give the massive bucks to a guy like JT when it puts you in such a bind?

Tavares is just the next name on a long list of free agents that Toronto gave a wheelbarrow of money to just so they would wear the blue and white.....but not win anything. But take comfort Leaf fans, Tavares will be there after Matthews is gone.
A rookie just won the stanley cup. Andersen isn't the best, but generally the "Best" goalies have 0 cup wins. It's about the team. They certainly do not need to go out and get a "Better" goalie (Who?) for his age, stats and cap hit. He's atrue #1.

And how did Tavares shorten the window? All it did was rob them the chance of doing what Benning did this summer, overpay bottom 6 guys for no reason.

Identity a core of 5-7 players. Cheap-out on the rest. They are better with Tavares, not worse.

BTW, wasn't the Leaves terrible cap isues supposed to mean Nylander traded lomg ago and multiple offersheets for Marner? Looks to me like they are keeping the core intact damn good.

Check the cap situation right now for a team with an "Amazing" future-NY Rangers. everyone raves about them, but they have no cap and had to buy-put SHattrenkirk. Kind of shows you the Leaves cap issues were vastly overhyped.
Before there was a Leaves thread you used to pollute every other thread with "Toronto, Toronto, Toronto." So the mods here created this thread for your "ideas" instead of giving you the boot like any other site would have. Now you can't shut up about what other teams are doing. Here. In the Leaves thread. Deflect much?
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

mr perfect wrote: Fri Aug 02, 2019 8:39 am
Funny thing. Edmonton used to think that having a championship winner be it a Stanley Cup, a Grey Cup or some woman winning a darts tournament in Red Deer made it a great place. Didn't change the fact that Edmonton is still full of inbred hillbillies and coked up roughnecks.
All of Alberta's cities are like Chernobyl without the safety barriers. I stick to the smaller towns for my shit and drive a half hour out of the way to avoid the infected
If you need air...call it in
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

BigTuna wrote: Thu Aug 01, 2019 7:10 am Toronto has the most recent title of any north american city.
"evolution"
Lancer
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Lancer »

Andersen is the Dan Cloutier of today’s league. He can look great behind a team that can score its way out of trouble, but crumbles when the playoffs come. Enjoy the odd playoff round win but no conference rounds, fish-head. Wait a minute, Andersen has yet to win a playoff round. Maybe Cloutier has something on you tender... 🤣
Love the Sport. Love the Team.

Hate the League.
Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP

Post by Madcombinepilot »

Speaking of shits, every time Tuna gets a bit constipated, all he really has to do is imagine facing the Bruins in the payoffs again and 'skaloosh!!'

It's only when he daydreams about it in public that it's embarrassing...
The 'Chain of Command' is the chain I am going to beat you with until you understand I am in charge.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

mr perfect wrote: Fri Aug 02, 2019 8:33 am https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/ ... -1.5226940

Tell me, do you tell your friends over at Calgary Puke how you think your city is so much better than theirs?
Last night alone:

https://www.thestar.com/news/crime/2019 ... rning.html

Police across GTA investigate three separate homicides following a violent overnight
____
Try to focus on someday.