GDT: Canucks 'host' the mild - 7:30pm Aug 2 G1

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

Todd Bersnoozi
CC Hall of Fan Member

Re: GDT: Canucks 'host' the mild - 7:30pm Aug 2 G1

Post by Todd Bersnoozi »

LotusBlossom wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 10:38 am
Carl Yagro wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 10:30 am Whoa! LotusBlossom?!
Pretty much, 23 years ago, I started posting at Central...where has the time gone?

I am a little excited hockey is back.
WB LB! :D
Curmudgeon
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Curmudgeon »

LotusBlossom wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:07 am
Curmudgeon wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 8:38 am

Making Alex Stalock look like Connor Hellebuyck is not exactly a proud achievement but that's about all they accomplished last night.
Canucks always giving away big important career milestones...

First post-season win

First post-season shut-out...
:bang:
Just needed a first NHL goal or first career post season goal for the trifecta.
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 8:50 am
Doyle Hargraves wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 8:41 am
Hockey Widow wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 12:39 am
Carl Yagro wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 10:05 pm
griz wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 10:05 pm A shot at a lottery draft looks to be the future.
Ain't winning that either.
Well my understanding is that one of the 16 teams has already won the 1st overall. They just didn't announce who. If that team wins the play in round then there will be a secondary draft to determine who gets that pick. If that team loses in the play in then they automatically get that pick. So it maybe a moot point when all is said and done.
Where did you hear this?
Yeah HW completely fucked with ole Chefs noodle on that one, I just accepted it as the Chef not being educated enough on how this draft is shaking out. I think HW is out to lunch in Pats Pub at the Patricia on Hastings on that one. I’ve never heard that angle
"If a team not in the bottom seven wins any of the first three drawings, a Second Phase will be conducted among the eight teams eliminated in the Qualifying Round. That would take place between the end of the Qualifying Round and the first round of the playoffs."

Oops my bad.No idea where I got that one from..... :oops: :oops: :oops:
The only HW the Canucks need
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

I think the confusion stems from the announcement:

"Team E has won the first overall selection in the 2020 NHL Draft."
____
Try to focus on someday.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

So my understanding is - if we lose to Minnesota we enter the lottery for Lafrenierre but if we don’t win the Lafrenierre lottery our 2020 first round pick goes to Jersey, if they choose to use it?
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 7:19 am So my understanding is - if we lose to Minnesota we enter the lottery for Lafrenierre but if we don’t win the Lafrenierre lottery our 2020 first round pick goes to Jersey, if they choose to use it?
Does Jersey have a choice? I thought as long is it isn't a lottery pick it's there's? But then again I haven't been known to understand these things before. :D
The only HW the Canucks need
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Hockey Widow wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 8:02 am
Chef Boi RD wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 7:19 am So my understanding is - if we lose to Minnesota we enter the lottery for Lafrenierre but if we don’t win the Lafrenierre lottery our 2020 first round pick goes to Jersey, if they choose to use it?
Does Jersey have a choice? I thought as long is it isn't a lottery pick it's there's? But then again I haven't been known to understand these things before. :D
It's not really too weird: "If Vancouver loses their play-in series, the Canucks officially miss the playoffs and keep the pick, which would be a draft lottery pick, and the Devils would instead get Vancouver’s 2021 unprotected first-round selection.
"evolution"
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

I think it’s been tweaked because of the Covid format. I’ve been told that if we lose to Minny we only keep the 2020 first if we win the Lafrenierre lottery, if we don’t win the choice is New Jersey’s
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 10:32 am
I think it’s been tweaked because of the Covid format. I’ve been told that if we lose to Minny we only keep the 2020 first if we win the Lafrenierre lottery, if we don’t win the choice is New Jersey’s
Nope. If Vancouver loses they keep the pick
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Doyle Hargraves wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 1:04 pm
Hey, if we participate but don't win the Laffy Lotto we could possibly still end up with a top 10 pick here!

(if there a bunch of play-in upsets... thanks to Covid-season weirdness)
____
Try to focus on someday.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

I mean, if they lose to the Mild, I would hope to hell they win the lottery. It would be another high pick in a good draft to add to the stable. Kick the rock down the road another year and give the Devils what they deserve: a pick between 24 and 32.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Strangelove wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 2:18 pm
Doyle Hargraves wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 1:04 pm
Hey, if we participate but don't win the Laffy Lotto we could possibly still end up with a top 10 pick here!

(if there a bunch of play-in upsets... thanks to Covid-season weirdness)
At 10 you’re still getting a good prospect, but a project. You won’t see them in the NHL for 2-3 years if that. It would be nice to land Sanderson’s kid. With Podkolzin, Hoglander coming I thing we are pretty good up front. Need D but best player available always