2019-2020 Play-in Round

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Re: 2019-2020 Play-in Round

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 9:24 am
Doyle Hargraves wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 9:18 am As an asside, Wheeler got dropped by that punch. I’m surprised he wasn’t knocked out. He left his chin wide open.
He wasn’t hurt by the punch. Wheeler isn’t a seasoned fighter and so the fact that the Teams Captain steps up outside of his comfort zone to do this is a statement in itself. Just he caught a punch that didn’t hurt him gives you reason enough to come down on the guy? Jezus Doyle, are steeped deep in a nasty angry shakey hangover right now? Try a triple Caesar to take the edge off
Wheeler is a marshmallow. He got dropped like a sack of shit by a turtle. Jake Virtanen refused to fight the marshmallow last year. He should be embarrassed
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Comparison statistics -- Canucks and Wild -- 19/20 interrupted season -- LINK .

This is close, real close! Coaching and who wants it more...cliche, but that's the way I see it.
"evolution"
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Doyle Hargraves wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 9:31 am
Doyle Hargraves wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 9:18 am As an asside, Wheeler got dropped by that punch. I’m surprised he wasn’t knocked out. He left his chin wide open.
He wasn’t hurt by the punch. Wheeler isn’t a seasoned fighter and so the fact that the Teams Captain steps up outside of his comfort zone to do this is a statement in itself. Just he caught a punch that didn’t hurt him gives you reason enough to come down on the guy? Jezus Doyle, are steeped deep in a nasty angry shakey hangover right now? Try a triple Caesar to take the edge off
Wheeler is a marshmallow. He got dropped like a sack of shit by a turtle. Jake Virtanen refused to fight the marshmallow last year. He should be embarrassed
Can somebody get Doyle a Snickers Bar, he’s Archie Bunker this morning
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Thinking ahead here, just can’t see next season starting if social distancing is still in affect. Not sure where the income is going to come from for the owners with gate receipts at the arenas? Unless the players are willing to risk limb playing for peanuts from the little money generated from TV, marketing an advertisement

Can’t see it happening without fans at the games
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Why was Virtanen so scared of Wheeler last year?
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 10:14 am Thinking ahead here, just can’t see next season starting if social distancing is still in affect. Not sure where the income is going to come from for the owners with gate receipts at the arenas? Unless the players are willing to risk limb playing for peanuts from the little money generated from TV, marketing an advertisement

Maybe it will take knuckleheads like "you" and "me" and other hockey crazed fans to cough-up individual pay per view or a wider
spectrum pay per view or an all encompassing pay per view system to save the league..................

I know where you're coming from with your fears. Nary a day goes by and I think about this and worse. I fell better now then 3 and 4 months
ago. But still ???????
"evolution"
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 10:08 am
It’s not your fault Chef.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Doyle Hargraves wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 11:09 am
Chef Boi RD wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 10:08 am
It’s not your fault Chef.
:lol:
If you need air...call it in
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Doyle Hargraves wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 10:15 am Why was Virtanen so scared of Wheeler last year?
:lol: Doyle still using Virtanen as a measuring stick for toughness when we’ve all figured out now that Ole Jake likes fighting as much as Trevor Linden did. You speak as if I’m a Jake fan these days when Ole Chef has grown pretty tired of ole Jakes act. A 20 goal season doesn’t mask his flaws enough for me, he’s a hopeless case born with the combination of size and skating that gives us all hope but at the same time he’s been blessed with the brain of a toad ,the dedication of a half ass and the attitude of a teenager.
ESQ
MVP
MVP

Post by ESQ »

It's already shaping up like there will be loads of upsets.

With only 5 games, there's not much margin for error for the Coilers, Pens, and now the Preds are down 4-1 to Arizona
Richardstroker69
MVP
MVP

Post by Richardstroker69 »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 10:14 am Thinking ahead here, just can’t see next season starting if social distancing is still in affect. Not sure where the income is going to come from for the owners with gate receipts at the arenas? Unless the players are willing to risk limb playing for peanuts from the little money generated from TV, marketing an advertisement

All depends on vaccination unfortunately.
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

Richardstroker69 wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 3:07 pm

All depends on vaccination unfortunately.
The alternative is wait and we will not see hockey until next September. I believe the NHL and NHLPA are going to have to be creative this up and coming season.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

:eh:
Chef Boi RD wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 10:14 am Thinking ahead here....
Should all the players just ride bikes instead? Less chance of injury, they could wear tights, I would also wear tights, they’d still have helmets, I’d still rock a helmet, black helmets matter. :?
It’s not your fault Chef :mex:
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Kadri scores PP goal with 0.1 second left in regulation, Avs beat Blues.

Great idea trading your ultra-competitive clutch guy there Dumbass!
____
Try to focus on someday.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Strangelove wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 6:05 pm Kadri scores PP goal with 0.1 second left in regulation, Avs beat Blues.

Great idea trading your ultra-competitive clutch guy there Dumbass!
This isn’t more than an exhibition is it?