GDT: 29/07/20: Canucks vs Jets 7:30PM SNETP

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Re: GDT: 29/07/20: Canucks vs Jets 7:30PM SNETP

Post by Strangelove »

Cornuck wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 10:01 pm
Strangelove wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 9:57 pm I guess I'm the only one who can't handle the fake fan noise?
You know what I don't miss? The morons who stand up in the front row to wave at the camera.
Or pound on the glass. :scowl:
____
Try to focus on someday.
Carl Yagro
MVP
MVP

Post by Carl Yagro »

Strangelove wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 10:03 pm
Strangelove wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 9:57 pm I guess I'm the only one who can't handle the fake fan noise?
You know what I don't miss? The morons who stand up in the front row to wave at the camera.
You know what I miss?

Cameras zooming in on hot babes with huge racks in tight clothing sitting behind the players bench standing up to wave at the camera and pounding their chests into the glass.

Yeah, that's what I miss most.
The Best GD Canucks Hockey Talk Forum in the World... With Only 18 People!
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Carl Yagro wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 10:10 pm
You know what I miss?

Cameras zooming in on hot babes with huge racks in tight clothing sitting behind the players bench standing up to wave at the camera and pounding their chests into the glass.

Fuckin' A.

They can pretend to put a man on the moon

... but they can't give us some of dat dere?

Fake fans with huge racks is something I could get on board with. :drink:
____
Try to focus on someday.
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

One wonders how much of a leash Green will have with Marky.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Raging Fury
MVP
MVP

Post by Raging Fury »

SKYO wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 10:40 pm One wonders how much of a leash Green will have with Marky.
Pretty long, I'd imagine. Like it or not this team swims or sinks with Marky. It has been proven time and again this season.
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Carl Yagro wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 9:56 pm Green should be hit over the head with a clipboard if he sits Virtanen to manage MacEwan for 5 minutes a game.

At this point, Loui is a more useful player than Sutter. But yeah, no way birdbones sit.

They had most of the play, but Hellybyuck was in the zone. Jets capitalized on every turnover.
Hellebuyck has had the Canucks number the last few years it feels like.....just another name to add to a long list of goaltenders who can claim the same thing though.

SN article said it best. Canucks need shooting practice.

Have for years. It was our achilles heel during most of the Sedin era too.....too many passers looking for the perfect play and not enough guys who could pull the trigger and beat a goalie clean.
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Strangelove wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 10:13 pm
Wot? Sir Walter Cronkite wouldn't lie to a little Bratmick. No-way.
"evolution"
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Beaulieu on MacEwen--- https://streamable.com/7dcllv

Quinn Hughes practicing lawn bowling --- https://streamable.com/4d4bxn :P

Boeser breakaway --- https://streamable.com/ucm5er --- I like he didn't give up on the play..

VAN-- EVEN: --Antoine Roussel (1)-- Slap Shot,-- assists: Adam Gaudette (1)-- 13:13-- 3rd https://hlslive-wsczoominwestus.med.nhl ... 231b58.mp4

"We talked in the room after and despite the loss, we had fun and we played a pretty good game. Guys are amped up and we’re ready. We’re going to be ready to go for Sunday." - Horvat
"I just went with the lineup I thought gave us the best chance to win. Plain and simple." - Green on scratching Virtanen---
----
“I liked a lot of our game, really liked our start, felt like we played that fast and aggressive game we want to play. We got away from it for 8 minutes in the 2nd period; then had a pretty good push in the 3rd. I felt like it was pretty good for an exhibition game.” - Green
---
"Ferly was good. Hasn't played for awhile but I liked his game. Seemed like his conditioning was up to par. Looked quick. I was really happy with Olli. Thought he did some really good things. Settled in, played well." - Green on Ferland and Juolevi
---
"I mentioned to Newell I didn't notice a big difference. Bit mindful not to yell quite as loud. With the noise and music, it's still just coaching." - Green on no fans in the building
Still say it looked like a disagreement, Trav.
I quess the whole presser will be replayed or available on the radio tomorrow?

The Canucks have got to close gaps faster. Still players taking longer routes then they have to.Just a warm-up game but that showed.

The Horvat line was best. Jt Miller finally became more prevalent in the third. (his linemates depend on him for structure).
Our defense was not up to speed yet. Need to work on identifying potential threats faster and responding.
There were bright spots at times. Poor 60 overall. Back to work.
They said at the beginning of the game it would be interesting to see which coaching plan was more effective.
Canucks had team scrimmages, Jets did not.
"evolution"
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

Doyle Hargraves wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 4:11 pm Quite a day for Juolevi. Finally appearing in an NHL game. Only four years after he was drafted. See if his snail’s pace of improvement is gaining any traction. :drink:
Except, it’s not an NHL game. It’s basically pre-season...
Whatever you do, always give 100 %!
Except when donating blood.
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 7:12 pm
Doyle Hargraves wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 6:17 pm
Chef Boi RD wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 5:59 pm Some have written the book on Six Three Two Hundred, long, long ago, all the while the Kalm kool and kollected Kemosabees books have remained open.
You should concern yourself with reading a few more books. Your ranting and chanting is barely legible these days. Fuck is it hot. I’m drinking raspberry cider it’s so damn hot. What a bizarre last few months weather wise. Gorgeous and hot until Mothers Day, pisses rain for six weeks, then gets cloudy and muggy and now it’s hotter than the hubs of hell. Raspberry Cider it is. :)
Raspberry cider? WTF. That sounds disgusting. Why not have a proper fruit drink like Gin and Tonic?
Or a Finnish fruit punch: two lingonberries, one bottle of Finlandia vodka.
(If you think it’s too fruity, you can go with just one lingonberry) :drink:
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

You know what I miss?

Fuckin' A.

Aren't they called blow up dolls? Cheap on Amazon but made in China.
The only HW the Canucks need
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

Hockey Widow wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 8:06 pm So why are they doing goal announcements? Some things are just corny
Players want to know.
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

Megaterio Llamas wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 8:42 pm I'll have to ask Per how common the name Ek is in Sweden. I don't believe I have seen that one before, but it's a pretty good handle imo.
Not the most common, but not uncommon either. A search in the online phone directory gives 9524 hits, so roughly one in a thousand Swedes.

Ek means Oak, and nature names are quite common in Sweden. You also come across people called Alm (elm), Al (alder), Björk (birch), Bok (beech), En (juniper), Gran (spruce), Lind (limetree or linden), Lönn (maple), Pil (willow), etc, but for some reason I’ve never met anyone called Tall (pine).
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

Hockey Widow wrote: Thu Jul 30, 2020 2:52 am
You know what I miss?

Fuckin' A.

Aren't they called blow up dolls? Cheap on Amazon but made in China.
It’s been tried....

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-52702075
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

SKYO wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 10:40 pm One wonders how much of a leash Green will have with Marky.
A long one. And Jacob has earned it. That said I think Demko should have gotten the 3rd period.

I know you are a Demko fan boy but he’s nowhere near Markstrom at this point in his career and may never be.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”