Expansion draft

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Re: Expansion draft

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Doyle Hargraves wrote: Mon Jul 27, 2020 3:37 pm
Chef Boi RD wrote: Mon Jul 27, 2020 3:17 pm
Doyle Hargraves wrote: Mon Jul 27, 2020 2:41 pm I don’t give a shit what they gave up for him
That’s because Sicilian Roberto Macchenzzi (Doyle) wanted Jack Wise instead of Tyler Birdbones Madden

Tyler Birdbones Madden is 5’-11” 150 lbs according to both HockeyDB and Elite Prospects
I brought up Wise once and said I would have preferred him. Since then you have brought him up 39 times. I have mentioned him six more times usually in response to your drunken rambling.

39-7 .... I think someone is beating a dead horse. Then again just hours before the 2017 draft you were in that thread preferring Vilardi, Glass and others ahead of Petterson. I forget how many posts you had gushing about Madden..... 200 + for sure. Even had him in the top 10 of a redraft I think. Since he’s been dealt, you’ve shit all over the kid like no other.
5’-11” 150 lbs is more birdbones than birdbones Dobson who is 6’-3” 180 lbs!
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Mon Jul 27, 2020 4:03 pm If I was honest I’d cop to rating Jake Wise and Joe Veleno as top picks. Doyle mentioned once in draft day that he preferred Wise to Madden. I then went on a crusade bombing the board with birdshit drooling about Madden hundreds of times. Then when the team traded Madden I crapped all over him a bunch of times. But I think it’s more fun to be a pathological liar :lol:
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Doyle Hargraves wrote: Mon Jul 27, 2020 4:20 pm
Chef Boi RD wrote: Mon Jul 27, 2020 4:03 pm If I was honest I’d cop to rating Jake Wise and Joe Veleno as top picks. Doyle mentioned once in draft day that he preferred Wise to Madden. I then went on a crusade bombing the board with birdshit drooling about Madden hundreds of times. Then when the team traded Madden I crapped all over him a bunch of times. But I think it’s more fun to be a pathological liar :lol:
The Adjustment Bureau
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Megaterio Llamas
MVP
MVP

Post by Megaterio Llamas »

The great Jake Wise fiasco will live on in Canucks internet fandom lore ;)
el rey del mambo
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Mon Jul 27, 2020 4:35 pm The shit in my tights and fingerpaint the walls Bureau
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Doyle Hargraves wrote: Mon Jul 27, 2020 3:06 pm
Strangelove wrote: Mon Jul 27, 2020 2:59 pm
Doyle Hargraves wrote: Mon Jul 27, 2020 2:41 pm I have a 4 year cap on Toffoli as well, though I could be talked into 5.25.l annually. I don’t give a shit what they gave up for him when you are talking about a new contract. Those are two different things. Yes it was steep but if you sign him to a deal and he doesn’t perform that is far bigger problem than not having Madden and that 2nd round pick. Elmer can’t afford any more dumb dumb contracts.
A four year deal at $5.25 for Toffoli wouldn't be a dumb contract.

But dumb contracts don't have anything to do with what I'm talking about.

We're still a young team and i think we should make room for Jake/Mac/Pod/Hog/Lind

... at least until we see what we have in them?

We'll have a long window opening soon enough, no need to try to rush things by signing a forward into his 30s.
5.25 x 4 absolutely would be a fine contract. But if he wants 6 years he can beat it unless it’s 4 million per.

Agree with getting a real good hard look at the younger cheaper wingers coming up. Spend the money elsewhere while the bad contracts run out. Maybe try and ditch one of them this summer. Either way James Elmer Benning will have a busy off season.

Jake is just so frustrating. You wish he had the drive and professionalism that Hughes, Horvat and Petey have. But not all players are the same. I still think he can be a real effective player for this team. It would be a shame to sell low on this player. Sit his ass out the first game and make him hungry.
I don't think Toffoli is the type of player you risk more than 4 years on, regardless of cap hit.

Hopefully the Canucks can benefit from this bizarre new world we live in when it comes to TT. With the cap being flattened maybe players like Toffoli will risk short term contracts to get a bigger payday in a year or so. Big risk though considering he will be 30 in a couple of years.

So maybe you can get him for 2 years at $5M. That's worth the risk based on his history, style of play, and the 10 game sample we saw here this year.....especially seeing as Brock seems to be a guy that might only be good for 65 games per year, it would be nice to have the redundancy and flexibility on the RW in the top-6. Toffoli could also play down a line and still be effective because he has a 200 foot work ethic.
Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP

Post by Madcombinepilot »

So long as if we sign Toffoli, he doesn’t have any kind of trade protection, then I don’t care.
The 'Chain of Command' is the chain I am going to beat you with until you understand I am in charge.
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Madcombinepilot wrote: Mon Jul 27, 2020 8:30 pm So long as if we sign Toffoli, he doesn’t have any kind of trade protection, then I don’t care.
Bingo, right there. If there are to be talks with him on a new contract, he may well ask for a "limited" NTC. West coast, etc.

He wont get that from the Canucks. Not now.. A long run in the playoffs could make things interesting seeing how some step up

but I can't see many teams handing contracts with protection clauses for the foreseeable future with the exception of the very elite.
"evolution"
Tciso
MVP
MVP

Post by Tciso »

Madcombinepilot wrote: Mon Jul 27, 2020 8:30 pm So long as if we sign Toffoli, he doesn’t have any kind of trade protection, then I don’t care.
Did I just hear you say "Let's sign Tofolli at $5x4, and we can always offer to un-protect him for the Kraken, if the Kraken offer us a 6th rounder for Loui"
The Cup is soooooo ours!!!!!!!