Expansion draft

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Lancer
CC Legend

Re: Expansion draft

Post by Lancer »

Strangelove wrote: Fri Jul 24, 2020 12:05 pm For some reason I feel like the Kraken will suck forever... unlike the Knights.

Just a hunch.
Ron Francis is no dummy, but he’s not going to pull a McPhee this time. They’ll be a lottery team for a while. Good to have a divisional punching bag as Vancouver starts competing for playoff spots.
Love the Sport. Love the Team.

Hate the League.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Lancer wrote: Sun Jul 26, 2020 1:35 am
Strangelove wrote: Fri Jul 24, 2020 12:05 pm For some reason I feel like the Kraken will suck forever... unlike the Knights.

Just a hunch.
Ron Francis is no dummy, but he’s not going to pull a McPhee this time. They’ll be a lottery team for a while. Good to have a divisional punching bag as Vancouver starts competing for playoff spots.
Mining Jon Marschechault, William Karlsson, Shea Theodore, Nate Schmidt and Reilly Smith out of fuck all isnt really supposed to happen. Those 5 are all seriously good pieces that an expansion team has no business just scabbing like that. I'd be shocked if this time around teams dont find ways to hang onto good players better than that
If you need air...call it in
Cherry Picker
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Cherry Picker »

The way we were thinking they would expose Ferland at the expansion draft. If he is healthy and doesn’t have any concussion related issue next year, do the Canuck still expose him? If they sign Toffoli, and protect Jake and Ferland, things get complicated for Gaudette and MacEwen.
We are all Snidely Whiplash.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Cherry Picker wrote: Sun Jul 26, 2020 7:02 am The way we were thinking they would expose Ferland at the expansion draft. If he is healthy and doesn’t have any concussion related issue next year, do the Canuck still expose him? If they sign Toffoli, and protect Jake and Ferland, things get complicated for Gaudette and MarcEwen.
We really dont want to lose either of those but if im benning i dont let Gaudette get taken no matter what. Mac would hurt but adam guadette would be a massive loss.

Ronnie...please take demko lol
If you need air...call it in
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Cherry Picker wrote: Sun Jul 26, 2020 7:02 am The way we were thinking they would expose Ferland at the expansion draft. If he is healthy and doesn’t have any concussion related issue next year, do the Canuck still expose him? If they sign Toffoli, and protect Jake and Ferland, things get complicated for Gaudette and MacEwen.
If Toffoli is signed and Benning makes no trade, forwards MacEwan, Gaudette and Lind will all be exposed. Benning has to do something as soon as the season is over, make a trade, or just suck it up and lose one of those 3, might be the best route to go, dangle a carrot
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

The Brown Wizard wrote: Sun Jul 26, 2020 7:12 am
Cherry Picker wrote: Sun Jul 26, 2020 7:02 am The way we were thinking they would expose Ferland at the expansion draft. If he is healthy and doesn’t have any concussion related issue next year, do the Canuck still expose him? If they sign Toffoli, and protect Jake and Ferland, things get complicated for Gaudette and MarcEwen.
We really dont want to lose either of those but if im benning i dont let Gaudette get taken no matter what. Mac would hurt but adam guadette would be a massive loss.

Ronnie...please take demko lol
Demko is probably the carrot dangle to expose in the draft to avoid losing a good young forward, maybe it’s Stecher. But Gaudette would most certainly be more desirable than Stecher

I’d rather lose Demko instead of Gaudette, or fuck it just expose the dingbat Flakey Jake
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

I can see I’m going to have to put out some hair fires with the piss soaked jeans of some posters like I did last expansion draft. “We can’t lose Granlund” they cried. :drink:
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Cherry Picker
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Cherry Picker »

Doyle Hargraves wrote: Sun Jul 26, 2020 8:37 am I can see I’m going to have to put out some hair fires with the piss soaked jeans of some posters like I did last expansion draft. “We can’t lose Granlund” they cried. :drink:
Hey, we can always find something to piss and moan about. The way things are looking, it’s likely Toffoli goes back to California and Jake gets traded, meaning MacEwen and Gaudette would be safe.

But we could still loose Lind, damn it all to hell! :D
We are all Snidely Whiplash.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Cherry Picker wrote: Sun Jul 26, 2020 9:33 am
Doyle Hargraves wrote: Sun Jul 26, 2020 8:37 am I can see I’m going to have to put out some hair fires with the piss soaked jeans of some posters like I did last expansion draft. “We can’t lose Granlund” they cried. :drink:
Hey, we can always find something to piss and moan about. The way things are looking, it’s likely Toffoli goes back to California and Jake gets traded, meaning MacEwen and Gaudette would be safe.

It’s not a big deal to lose Lind or Juolevi to Seattle.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Unless Jim can get creative I think it’s a given we are losing one of Demko, Gaudette, MacEwan, Juolevi or Lind. Sucks. Francis will want to build with young up and comers. Don’t see any desirable vets on our team he’d pick ahead of that group
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Big deal it’s one fucking fringe player/prospect. You’d think they were losing a Theodore or a Schmidt or a W Karlsson. :lol:
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

I wonder how different the roster will look by the time the expansion draft happens.
Can't see how we don't lose someone we don't want to this time. Every time you think 7 forwards, it's hard not to think of the
big log jam on right wing. A talented one at that. If Toffoli is signed, how do they protect both he and #6. ?
It's ages away. Whenever the 20/21 season is done.
Tanner Pearson's contract is up, July 1 20/21. Edler too. The team may look substantially different by then.
"evolution"
ESQ
MVP
MVP

Post by ESQ »

Doyle Hargraves wrote: Sun Jul 26, 2020 10:00 am

It’s not a big deal to lose Lind or Juolevi to Seattle.
True, it's not a big deal, but it's a bigger deal than exposing Gaunce, which some people were freaking out about last time.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

I remember saying the team should expose Sutter instead of Gaunce to Las Vegas. But I don’t remember many posters flipping about losing Gaunce. Exposing Sutter and his bloated contract would have been a good move if he somehow got picked, considering the upcoming cap crunch.

But there definitely was a few posters that were very worried about losing Markus Granlund.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Doyle Hargraves wrote: Sun Jul 26, 2020 1:01 pm I remember saying the team should expose Sutter instead of Gaunce to Las Vegas. But I don’t remember many posters flipping about losing Gaunce. Exposing Sutter and his bloated contract would have been a good move if he somehow got picked, considering the upcoming cap crunch.

But there definitely was a few posters that were very worried about losing Markus Granlund.
Who was worried about losing Granlund? :eh:
____
Try to focus on someday.