NFL Thread: Thoughts on the game south of the 49th

The primary goal of this site is to provide mature, meaningful discussion about the Vancouver Canucks. However, we all need a break some time so this forum is basically for anything off-topic, off the wall, or to just get something off your chest! This forum is named after poster Creeper, who passed away in July of 2011 and was a long time member of the Canucks message board community.

Moderator: Referees

Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Re: NFL Thread: Thoughts on the game south of the 49th

Post by Strangelove »

SKYO wrote: Mon Feb 03, 2020 8:14 pm no touchdown.

:evil: :twisted: :evil: :twisted: :evil: :twisted: :evil:

The toe of the football broke the plane of the end zone before his foot went out of bounds.

TOUCHDOWN!!!
____
Try to focus on someday.
Carl Yagro
MVP
MVP

Post by Carl Yagro »

Y'all are missing the real important detail of this image...

Richard Sherman was humbled on the goal line BEFORE the toe of the football broke the plane of the end zone (just a fraction of a second before his big toe went out of bounds :look:)
The Best GD Canucks Hockey Talk Forum in the World... With Only 18 People!
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

No TD
"evolution"
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Strangelove wrote: Mon Feb 03, 2020 8:31 pm
SKYO wrote: Mon Feb 03, 2020 8:14 pm no touchdown.

:evil: :twisted: :evil: :twisted: :evil: :twisted: :evil:

The toe of the football broke the plane of the end zone before his foot went out of bounds.

TOUCHDOWN!!!
Nothing can be done about it now, TD or not, oh well the seahawks fan self is somewhat happy the 49ers lost.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

https://www.foxnews.com/sports/giants-d ... ed-robbery
Giants' Deandre Baker, Seahawks' Quinton Dunbar face arrest warrants in Florida armed robbery, police say

New York Giants cornerback Deandre Baker and Quinton Dunbar of the Seattle Seahawks have warrants out for their arrests Thursday after police alleged they stole thousands of dollars in cash and valuables from a Florida party.

According to police, the two men were partying in Miramar when an argument broke out and Baker took out a semi-automatic firearm. Police also said that the men began to steal watches and other valuables from party guests, and Baker reportedly told a third man -- who was wearing a red mask -- to shoot at someone who had just arrived at the party.

Baker and Dunbar allegedly stole more than $7,000 in cash -- along with several valuable watches including an $18,000 Rolex watch, a $25,000 Hublot, and an Audemars Piguet timepiece, according to police.

According to the police, some people at the party believed it was a planned robbery because when they were done taking valuables, there were three getaway cars strategically positioned to "expedite an immediate departure."
:crazy:
____
Try to focus on someday.
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

72 NFL players test positive for COVID-19, players' union says.
July 15 2020
Not surprised
"evolution"
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

Micky wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2020 12:27 pm
July 15 2020
Not surprised
I couldn’t give a rats ass about the NFL anymore...

Other than people getting sick of course.

Kaepernick (sp?) did me in a couple years ago...
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

rats19 wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2020 12:46 pm
Micky wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2020 12:27 pm
July 15 2020
Not surprised
I couldn’t give a rats ass about the NFL anymore...

Other than people getting sick of course.

Kaepernick (sp?) did me in a couple years ago...
And you have a Rats ass to give! :wink:

Yeah that fucking Kaepernick (sp?) is one evil twisted motherfucker.
____
Try to focus on someday.
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

Taking a knee seems so quaint now.... too bad nobody listened back then.

Doc, you got anything left other than name-calling? It's sad how far you've fallen. :oops:
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Cornuck wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2020 2:26 pm Taking a knee seems so quaint now.... too bad nobody listened back then.

Doc, you got anything left other than name-calling? It's sad how far you've fallen. :oops:
It's not name-calling Corn... he is one evil twisted motherfucker!

Most people agree...

August 2016: He wears socks with images of pigs in police hats and proudly posted on Instagram about it:

There is police brutality, people of color have been targeted by police. So that’s a large part of it, and they’re government officials. They are put in place by the government. So that’s something that this country has to change. There’s things we can do to hold them more accountable, make those standards higher.

August 2016: He takes a knee in protest of said “pigs”.

"I am not going to stand up to show pride in a flag for a country that oppresses black people and people of color.

August 2016: He wears a t-shirt glorifying Fidel Castro (one of the biggest oppressors in history) then said:

One thing Fidel Castro did do is they have the highest literacy rate because they invest more in their education system than they do in their prison system, which we do not do here even though we’re fully capable of doing that

FACTCHECK: Wrong on all counts!! But yeah, he claims to be against oppression while he supports an oppressor! :crazy:

September 2018: Donates $25K to an activist group named after Assata Shakur, who was convicted in the murder of a police officer.

July 2019: He forced Nike to withdraw a new shoe with a Betsy Ross flag, ludicrously stating it represents slavery. :roll:

January 2020: After USA took out Iranian General Soleimani, he evilly tweeted:

America has always sanctioned and besieged Black and Brown bodies both at home and abroad. America militarism is the weapon wielded by American imperialism, to enforce its policing and plundering of the non white world.

:shock: Wot a fucking freak! And note, once again he's defending an oppressor...

2017-present: He pals around with Linda Sarsour a proud supporter of Sharia-Law + NOI black nationalist hate group leader Louis Farrakhan.

So once again (3 times now!) he claims to be against oppression while at the same time seemingly LIKES some forms of oppression!

One might conclude that he merely wants to turn the tables on his perceived oppressors.

In his fantasies does he go from oppressed Kaepernick to... Mighty Oppressor Kaepernick?

No NFL team wants him because he’s a toxic nutjob (AKA twisted motherfucker).

This motherfucker has done sooooo much damage to the NFL.

Longtime hardcore fans turning away in droves.

But what he’s done to his country is so much worse!

He has inspired hatred and distrust of the police

… contributing to the violent anarchistic riots we see today.

And no doubt this evil twisted motherfucker is patting himself on the back for dat dere…
____
Try to focus on someday.
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

Too much out of context and exaggerated in your post to comment on it all - but I guess if you're ok with police brutality (judging by your slant in the above post), I can see how you don't like Kapernick. Shoot the messenger, right? :D
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Cornuck wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2020 9:05 pm Too much out of context and exaggerated in your post to comment on it all - but I guess if you're ok with police brutality (judging by your slant in the above post), I can see how you don't like Kapernick. Shoot the messenger, right? :D
Most people don't like him (for reasons stated in my post).

No, I'm actually against police brutality... not sure why you'd think otherwise. :eh:

And it's "Kaepernick". (smile)

Nothing is taken out of context or exaggerated in my post...
____
Try to focus on someday.
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

Strangelove wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2020 9:09 pm No, I'm actually against police brutality...
Hey! We agree on something non-hockey related! :D
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

Yeah... I guess there is no 'right' way to protest police brutality </sarcasm>, but taking a knee and bringing attention to a problem seemed like a good start.

On May 24th, several hundred protesters stood on the porch of the Kentucky Governor's mansion, many of who were armed with rifles and demanding for him to come outside. This took place for nearly two hours while many beat on the glass windows of his home. The same group later that day hung an effigy of Governor Beshear from a tree. This group was made up primarily of middle-aged white males and they were protesting over COVID-19 restrictions. In response to this protest, they are now building a fence around the Governor's Mansion. ZERO ARRESTS WERE MADE.

On July 14th, 87 protestors sat in the front lawn in front of Attorney General Daniel Cameron's house. They were sitting in lines with their hands in their laps. This group was unarmed and made up of mostly young people both white and of color who were demanding justice for Breonna Taylor. Other than his grass no part of the Attorney General's home was touched. ALL 87 WERE ARRESTED AND CHARGED WITH A FELONY. They face a sentence of 1-5 years.