Canucks News n Notes 2019-2020

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Re: Canucks News n Notes 2019-2020

Post by Strangelove »

Didn't Per say (in that link) that Loui bought the restaurants after the perv got busted (possibly at a discount)?

8-year-olds Dude.
____
Try to focus on someday.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Strangelove wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 7:08 pm Didn't Per say (in that link) that Loui bought the restaurants after the perv got busted (possibly at a discount)?

8-year-olds Dude.
You may be right there actually. I had my wife read the GT article and translate for me
If you need air...call it in
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

The Brown Wizard wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 7:04 pm I did some digging into LEs restaurants and found this:

-6 months after signing his 6x6 with the canucks he bought 4 restaurants in Gothenburgs central downtown core. 2 italian style, 1 pub style and 1 burger and beer joint for around 50 million Swedish Crowns (SEK) or roughly 7 million bucks CDN

-Right after he bought them the previous owner was involved in a scandal regarding the raping of 2 school girls in one of the restaurants and the government yanked their liquor licensing. I believe the previous owner was still involved in the operations at the time as well as some of the previous owners staff, which is why the license was pulled

-the gross income dropped from 85+ million SEK in revenue down to 36 million SEK per year.

-this was all in 2017-2018. Things have been cleaned up but it will take quite a while for him to recover.
Add to this that right now, due to covid-19, most restaurants have lost 70-90% of their business...

From what I understand Loui plans to return to Gothenburg when he hangs up his skates. Playing in Sweden could be an option, but then to give back to the team that raised him. Player salaries are not public in Sweden, but your taxes are, so we know what players earned last year. Based on that, top salaries in the SHL lie around USD 200k, but most players earn between 50 and 70k. Some of the younger players (under 18) barely get paid at all.

Thus if Loui is looking for money he’d be better off in the KHL or the Swiss league. The Swiss only allow four foreign players per team, but those players are in a conpletely different league salary wise than their domestic players.

Yet I doubt that’s an option for him. He’ll either attempt to play one more year in Vancouver or head back to Sweden.
Whatever you do, always give 100 %!
Except when donating blood.
Megaterio Llamas
MVP
MVP

Post by Megaterio Llamas »

Regarding Tryamkin's possible status if he signs, Bob McKenzie thinks recently signed players from Russia will be ineligible to play in the upcoming playoffs.
Bob McKenzie
@TSNBobMcKenzie
·
5h
With the usual qualifier of nothing is certain until the agreement is ratified — stamp that on every one of my tweets this week — it’s my understanding recently signed players Romanov (MTL), Kaprizov (MIN), Sorokin (NYI) will not be eligible for 2019-20 RTP.

https://twitter.com/TSNBobMcKenzie/stat ... 53984?s=20
el rey del mambo
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Per wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 11:09 pm
The Brown Wizard wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 7:04 pm I did some digging into LEs restaurants and found this:

-6 months after signing his 6x6 with the canucks he bought 4 restaurants in Gothenburgs central downtown core. 2 italian style, 1 pub style and 1 burger and beer joint for around 50 million Swedish Crowns (SEK) or roughly 7 million bucks CDN

-Right after he bought them the previous owner was involved in a scandal regarding the raping of 2 school girls in one of the restaurants and the government yanked their liquor licensing. I believe the previous owner was still involved in the operations at the time as well as some of the previous owners staff, which is why the license was pulled

-the gross income dropped from 85+ million SEK in revenue down to 36 million SEK per year.

-this was all in 2017-2018. Things have been cleaned up but it will take quite a while for him to recover.
Add to this that right now, due to covid-19, most restaurants have lost 70-90% of their business...

From what I understand Loui plans to return to Gothenburg when he hangs up his skates. Playing in Sweden could be an option, but then to give back to the team that raised him. Player salaries are not public in Sweden, but your taxes are, so we know what players earned last year. Based on that, top salaries in the SHL lie around USD 200k, but most players earn between 50 and 70k. Some of the younger players (under 18) barely get paid at all.

Thus if Loui is looking for money he’d be better off in the KHL or the Swiss league. The Swiss only allow four foreign players per team, but those players are in a conpletely different league salary wise than their domestic players.

Yet I doubt that’s an option for him. He’ll either attempt to play one more year in Vancouver or head back to Sweden.
Thanks for this Per.

We'll gladly make him the highest paid scout in the world if he agrees to mutually terminate. :wink:
____
Try to focus on someday.
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Looks like Nikita Tryamkin will make his triumphant return.

The Tryamking.

Dhaliwal:
Diamond : Nikita had a conversation with Travis Green, that is why he has been patient in this process, he wants to play for a coach who makes players better.

Nikita Tryamkin's agent Todd Diamond : I think we are expecting something to happen soon. We will work to get a deal done with the #Canucks
NT: "Coach, you coach me like Desjardins? no? ok I come back"
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

SKYO wrote: Fri Jul 03, 2020 10:05 am Looks like Nikita Tryamkin will make his triumphant return.

The Tryamking.

Dhaliwal:
Diamond : Nikita had a conversation with Travis Green, that is why he has been patient in this process, he wants to play for a coach who makes players better.

Nikita Tryamkin's agent Todd Diamond : I think we are expecting something to happen soon. We will work to get a deal done with the #Canucks
As a Canuck fan I will believe when I see him wearing the Orca and on the ice. Too many times my hopes have been crushed.
Curmudgeon
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Curmudgeon »

SKYO wrote: Fri Jul 03, 2020 10:05 am Looks like Nikita Tryamkin will make his triumphant return.

The Tryamking.

Dhaliwal:

This is great news. I'm a big Tryamkin fan and think he can be a player but also the Podkolzin/Tryamkin Russian camaraderie could be a positive thing too. Also think fans soured on him more because of the fact he left and how he left rather than his play here, like they personally were rejected or something which is pretty pathetic.
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

TSN Radio Vancouver@TSN1040
Todd Diamond on #TSN1040 on his client Nikita Tryamkin: Never discussed trade options for Tryamkin from #Canucks; Benning and Co. still very much enamored with Nikita's physical gifts, expects a deal to get done
7:37 AM · Jul 3, 2020·
TSN; radio interview with Tryamkin agent Todd Diamond>> https://www.tsn.ca/radio/vancouver-1040 ... -1.1491837
"evolution"
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Curmudgeon wrote: Fri Jul 03, 2020 11:06 am

The Tryamking.

Dhaliwal:

This is great news. I'm a big Tryamkin fan and think he can be a player but also the Podkolzin/Tryamkin Russian camaraderie could be a positive thing too. Also think fans soured on him more because of the fact he left and how he left rather than his play here, like they personally were rejected or something which is pretty pathetic.
Yeah, there were a few factors at play.

Young homesick guy in a foreign land.

Stupid fucking coach.

Pregnant wife... newborns spending a lot of time with grandparents is a big cultural deal in Russia.
____
Try to focus on someday.
Curmudgeon
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Curmudgeon »

Strangelove wrote: Fri Jul 03, 2020 11:35 am

Stupid fucking coach.

Pregnant wife... newborns spending a lot of time with grandparents is a big cultural deal in Russia.
Interesting, where did you hear his wife was pregnant? You're right, quite a few factors in play and I don't think many people realize he went back to play in his home city as well.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Curmudgeon wrote: Fri Jul 03, 2020 11:57 am

Stupid fucking coach.

Interesting, where did you hear his wife was pregnant? You're right, quite a few factors in play and I don't think many people realize he went back to play in his home city as well.
There was an article or two at the time that mentioned the prego/cultural thing.

If you google "Nikita Tryamkin" + "was pregnant" you'll probably find them.
____
Try to focus on someday.
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Curmudgeon wrote: Fri Jul 03, 2020 11:06 am

The Tryamking.

Dhaliwal:

Stupid fucking coach.

And for goodness sake, can the Aquilini's hook NT up with a place that doesn't have potheads below his place? aha
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

SKYO wrote: Fri Jul 03, 2020 2:33 pm And for goodness sake, can the Aquilini's hook NT up with a place that doesn't have potheads below his place? aha
Maybe he's mellowed.
"evolution"
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

SKYO wrote: Fri Jul 03, 2020 2:33 pm And for goodness sake, can the Aquilini's hook NT up with a place that doesn't have potheads below his place? aha
:D

I'll bet that was more of an excuse, although maybe he was worried about preggowife breathing that in?
____
Try to focus on someday.