2020 NHL Draft

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Re: 2020 NHL Draft

Post by Strangelove »

Doyle Hargraves wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 3:35 pm Win a round or two and the pick for JT Miller is 18-25ish.
Win the Cup and it's 31-ish. :wink:
____
Try to focus on someday.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Strangelove wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 4:10 pm
Doyle Hargraves wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 3:35 pm Win a round or two and the pick for JT Miller is 18-25ish.
Oh fuck ya. Here ya go Gillis! Welcome back...

The dude would open wank right on the corner if that ever came to be
If you need air...call it in
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

The Brown Wizard wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 4:21 pm
Strangelove wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 4:10 pm
Oh fuck ya. Here ya go Gillis! Welcome back...

The dude would open wank right on the corner if that ever came to be
Uhhh-oh, might need to gear up...

____
Try to focus on someday.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

That fucker! They want everyone looting to draw attention away from their horse shit.

Its like the false flag shit. So hard to believe but there it is.... Right. Fucking. There.
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

The Brown Wizard wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 4:53 pm That fucker! They want everyone looting to draw attention away from their horse shit.

Its like the false flag shit. So hard to believe but there it is.... Right. Fucking. There.
Who is that wiz?
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

rats19 wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 5:22 pm
The Brown Wizard wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 4:53 pm That fucker! They want everyone looting to draw attention away from their horse shit.

Who is that wiz?
http://www.canuckscorner.com/forums/vie ... 09#p382209
____
Try to focus on someday.
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

Strangelove wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 5:36 pm
rats19 wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 5:22 pm

Who is that wiz?
http://www.canuckscorner.com/forums/vie ... 09#p382209
That’s some seriously fucked up stuff
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

rats19 wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 5:46 pm That’s some seriously fucked up stuff
I know...i better flip back to the indicas. These sativas are making me paranoid or something.
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

With the Canucks watching Podkolzin develop and probably Tryamkin, the team might get an underrated Russian this draft in the later rounds, Canucks’ Russia scout Sergei Chibisov got to get his voice heard and do some digging over there.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

The Senators have 7 picks in the first two rounds of the draft. It’s a shame Melnyk owns the team as they could really take off in a year or two with all the young talent they currently have and the kids they will pick in the next two drafts.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Doyle Hargraves wrote: Sat Jun 20, 2020 5:14 am The Senators have 7 picks in the first two rounds of the draft. It’s a shame Melnyk owns the team as they could really take off in a year or two with all the young talent they currently have and the kids they will pick in the next two drafts.
It’s at the point now, especially after this draft, whereby they have too many kids in the same age bracket making up the majority of the line-up. As we’ve seen from many examples in today’s NHL, it’s not a recipe for success. Ottawa has to decide are they going to be like Buffalo or actually start moving on to a properly mixed line up with proper veterans to lead by example to a bunch of teenagers. It’s time for Ottawa to move and start creating the winning environment for all these kids they have. Or they can just remain like Buffalo. Give the keys to a bunch of kids to drive the bus
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Sat Jun 20, 2020 8:56 am
Doyle Hargraves wrote: Sat Jun 20, 2020 5:14 am The Senators have 7 picks in the first two rounds of the draft. It’s a shame Melnyk owns the team as they could really take off in a year or two with all the young talent they currently have and the kids they will pick in the next two drafts.
It’s at the point now, especially after this draft, whereby they have too many kids in the same age bracket making up the majority of the line-up. As we’ve seen from many examples in today’s NHL, it’s not a recipe for success. Ottawa has to decide are they going to be like Buffalo or actually start moving on to a properly mixed line up with proper veterans to lead by example to a bunch of teenagers. It’s time for Ottawa to move and start creating the winning environment for all these kids they have. Or they can just remain like Buffalo. Give the keys to a bunch of kids to drive the bus
A pile of drivel that has nothing to do with what I posted.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Doyle Hargraves wrote: Sat Jun 20, 2020 9:20 am
Chef Boi RD wrote: Sat Jun 20, 2020 8:56 am
A pile of drivel that has nothing to do with what I posted.
It’s the real goods and it’s the real goods in which you cannot stand
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Interesting point by the chef nonetheless...

How many teams make any noise in the post season that exclusively roll with a group of kids around the same age?

It seems to me that outside of the 80s coil i cant recall any. Chicago maybe? Pens?

There appears to be a point where successful teams decide to move picks and add vets to compliment a young core then go for it. Vancouver decided last summer was that time I'd say
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

The Brown Wizard wrote: Sat Jun 20, 2020 9:33 am Interesting point by the chef nonetheless...

How many teams make any noise in the post season that exclusively roll with a group of kids around the same age?

It seems to me that outside of the 80s coil i cant recall any. Chicago maybe? Pens?

There appears to be a point where successful teams decide to move picks and add vets to compliment a young core then go for it. Vancouver decided last summer was that time I'd say
After this draft Ottawa will have a ridiculous amount of very good young players within a few years of age of each other. It’s way too out of balance not too mention that shit market will not be able to resign half of them after their entry contract has expired. Ottawa’s managerial decisions after this draft will have to be very smart and calculated, it’s either Buffalo or not for them. Regardless with all those top prospects they will have in the system it’s clearly time for them to start winning. The fans aren’t showing up anymore