2020 NHL Draft

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Re: 2020 NHL Draft

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Van fans should never have boo'd TC in 72
If you need air...call it in
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Madcombinepilot wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 7:17 am Yup.

When the fix is on at the league, we will never get 1st overall pick. This is what makes the 'team tank' people silly.
Who are these “team tank” people you speak of? I saw Wids use that saying the other day as well.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

Doyle Hargraves wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 8:28 am

When the fix is on at the league, we will never get 1st overall pick. This is what makes the 'team tank' people silly.
Who are these “team tank” people you speak of? I saw Wids use that saying the other day as well.
They may get be talking about other than corner folk :?:
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
ESQ
MVP
MVP

Post by ESQ »

Adam Gaudette can introduce you to them.
Cherry Picker
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Cherry Picker »

If Bieksa is right there is not a unanimous appetite to play again, so missing this playoffs is not a huge deal to the NHLPA if it helps CBA negotiations. A few more tweets like Panarin’s will confirm this.
Deep down the owners are probably pretty ambivalent about finishing the Covid-19 season, too, considering the number of positive cases and hub city issues.
This likely sets up CBA negotiations where neither side is highly willing to compromise at the cancelling the playoffs pressure point. I think there are better than even odds the playoffs gets cancelled and they won’t come together until fans can be back in the stands sometime in 2021 I’d guess. Both sides will threaten to cancel the playoffs and neither side will move hard to save it.
Dr Suess Zax negotiation strategies comes to mind. Once again the NHL and NHLPA are bound and determined to teach us all what a lose-lose situation is.
To sum up, the season is likely lost, the pick goes to Jersey, and we won’t see hockey until 2020 was just a bad memory.
We are all Snidely Whiplash.
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

ESQ wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 8:59 am

Adam Gaudette can introduce you to them.
LOL, Right on!
Adam pushin for Edler's A next year. :)

Be nice to retrieve a second rounder though. thru a trade or something. I gotta dig deeper.
Everything still very dependent on whether these * playoffs can actually go all the way to the cup.
It's real good the players will actually be training again. Over three months without being on blades is unprecedented for most.
"evolution"
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

I predict this season is done. The stalling to make the announcement is a dead giveaway. I believe there are quite a few players who do not want to come back, especially with this second wave taking off in the USA right now. The Devils will be very happy if the season is toast. That much closer to Lafrenierre.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 9:55 am I predict this season is done. The stalling to make the announcement is a dead giveaway. I believe there are quite a few players who do not want to come back, especially with this second wave taking off in the USA right now. The Devils will be very happy if the season is toast. That much closer to Lafrenierre.
I don’t think that’s the second wave in the US Mr Chicken Legs. They are still dealing with the first wave, albeit very poorly.
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 9:55 am I predict this season is done. The stalling to make the announcement is a dead giveaway. I believe there are quite a few players who do not want to come back, especially with this second wave taking off in the USA right now. The Devils will be very happy if the season is toast. That much closer to Lafrenierre.
What do the NHL and NHLPA expect to change in the coming 18 months?

Not saying to do the playoffs but I guess delaying the start of the new season until January gives them more time to adjust to what ever is going on is good but COVID19 will be impacting the league next year as well.
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

The Brown Wizard wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 8:10 am Van fans should never have boo'd TC in 72
The overlooked result of that booing is under rated or not acknowledged..... the team turned around and won the damn tournament.
Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP

Post by Madcombinepilot »

JD Burke for one, but social media (where a lot of the fringe fans are) are all over it.
The 'Chain of Command' is the chain I am going to beat you with until you understand I am in charge.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

rats19 wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 10:27 am
The Brown Wizard wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 8:10 am Van fans should never have boo'd TC in 72
The overlooked result of that booing is under rated or not acknowledged..... the team turned around and won the damn tournament.
Phil Espo is probably still pissed about it
If you need air...call it in
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Madcombinepilot wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 10:28 am

JD Burke for one, but social media (where a lot of the fringe fans are) are all over it.
Ahhhh...... I thought you were speaking about folks on this board. JD Burke is just an idiot with a bad attitude with an awful wardrobe that comes from an inbred gene puddle.
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

The Brown Wizard wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 10:29 am
I’m sure it hurt ... Canadians booing Canadians against the ruskies ....Gotta hurt but they brought their “E” game that day and previous games
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

rats19 wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 10:49 am
The Brown Wizard wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 10:29 am
I’m sure it hurt ... Canadians booing Canadians against the ruskies ....Gotta hurt but they brought their “E” game that day and previous games
I was 11 years old when I saw him do that LINK I felt terrible cause I was so pissed at them too. Just had to be Van, didn't it..
"evolution"