LOL

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Re: LOL

Post by Strangelove »

Megaterio Llamas wrote: Thu Apr 23, 2020 8:21 pm Come to think of it I seem to have regained all of the length and girth I lost posting at HF since I signed up here just a short time ago. And hardness. Hardness like I haven't seen since my teenage years looking at Dad's Playboys.
:D
____
Try to focus on someday.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Well as long as you were only looking at his Playboys. :eh:

Lot of angst on that board regarding the 2011 playoffs. Lots of whining and crying why they didn’t win. I got over that in a few months. It’s a decade now. They were blown the fuck out in 4 of 7 games. They squeaked out wins in 3 of 7. The better team won. 1994 hurts a lot more. We were actually close.

Injuries are a fact of life. Usually the healthier (or healthiest) team ends up winning. Shit happens. Tortorella said the same thing. He wondered why the hell the city hung onto a season that ended up in defeat. He also said that team needed to be gutted. He was right.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Are any of you cats posting at HF? My ban was lifted months ago, unfortunately can’t remember my password. Too lazy to jump through the hoops and barrels re-activating the account
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

I got booted permanently for working over the neckbeards.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Doyle Hargraves wrote: Sat Apr 25, 2020 8:53 am I got booted permanently for working over the neckbeards.
:lol:
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

Doyle Hargraves wrote: Thu Apr 23, 2020 8:43 pm
Lot of angst on that board regarding the 2011 playoffs. Lots of whining and crying why they didn’t win. I got over that in a few months. It’s a decade now. They were blown the fuck out in 4 of 7 games. They squeaked out wins in 3 of 7. The better team won. 1994 hurts a lot more. We were actually close.
I hear ya - I'm over 2011 (and 1982 ;) ) - but 94 will always be a sore spot. Fuck. the. rangers.
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Cornuck wrote: Sat Apr 25, 2020 8:55 am
Doyle Hargraves wrote: Thu Apr 23, 2020 8:43 pm
I hear ya - I'm over 2011 (and 1982 ;) ) - but 94 will always be a sore spot. Fuck. the. rangers.
The 94 team had pushback. That team wouldn’t have put up with any shit from Boston. I know the Canucks were obviously not as tough as Boston but they should have been able to at least provide some resistance. After Rome clobbered Horton, the Bruins manhandled the Canucks. Not a whimper from Bieksa, Glass, Oreskovich, Torres, Burrows, Lappiere, Alberts etc. The summer before Gillis started making some real blunders. Letting Willie Mitchell go, as well as Pavol Demitra were dumb moves. Obviously the Ballard trade was stupid. He could have used those assets on other additions that would have helped the team. Funny thing is I liked Keith Ballard when he played in Phoenix but he was dreadful here. And having no deterrent in the lineup was also stupid since Rypien had another episode and Hordichuk was waived. They had no answer for Boston’s thugs.
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Strangelove wrote: Thu Apr 23, 2020 3:15 pm
PG_Canuck wrote: Thu Apr 23, 2020 9:21 am MS posting about Wetcoaster, he posted "I couldn’t stand the guy and never figured out why people liked him so much." in a Wetcoaster thread where most of us got the confirmation of his passing from years ago. I always wondered if he left HF or passed away - turns out to be the worst.

"Was a mix of terrible hockey takes (hated Ryan Kesler for years) and thread spamming with his Quinn vendetta and cut/paste 5000 word Quinn rant. "

lol

always feels the need to make his presence known
Long before HF, Wetcoaster posted at Central.

(same time frame as MS at Central I believe)

He took issue with some of the comments posted about him by some of the usual suspects.

Ended up in an EPIC debate with UWSaint on the finer points of "liable".

Wettie threatening to sue had the security guard sweating.

Long story short, U-dub crushed him and His Wetness slinked off to HF.

(eventually MS did the same of course)

I wouldn't ever post that story in a remembrance thread after his passing though!

I'd just say he was someone to be reckoned with and leave it at that...
Wetty and S_C came from the same womb
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

The Brown Wizard wrote: Thu Apr 23, 2020 8:36 pm I think it was a tremendous advancement for our society when they did away with all the black circles that covered the good shit in the Hustler mags
My dentist was sad when they did away with the staples holding Playboy together.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Topper wrote: Sat Apr 25, 2020 2:56 pm Wetty and S_C came from the same womb
I wonder if Southern Canuck is still posting at HF.

I remember at Central when the first PC edict came down.

SC was a mod at the time and I wasn't.

I referred to some player as a "pussy".

SC mod-edited dat dere to "girlyman".

:wow:

OMG wot a pussy!
____
Try to focus on someday.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Mëds wrote: Mon Apr 20, 2020 5:08 pm
The Brown Wizard wrote: Mon Apr 20, 2020 3:48 pm
Strangelove wrote: Sun Apr 19, 2020 3:12 pm
Doyle Hargraves wrote: Sun Apr 19, 2020 11:04 am I also sent one to ukcanuck, he did read it and the fucker just blew me off. :lol:
How do you know it was UK who read it?

I think the Mossad is monitoring all his accounts now.
We havent heard anything outta him in a long time. Maybe the Mossad had finally had enough
When you're as far leftwing as that twit was and living in a religiously controlled conservative state one could hardly be surprised. :look:
One has to wonder why ukcanuck moved abroad and away from his family and friends here for the last ten years +.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

The pee pants board is good reading today. The BRACKETT thread and the 2020 draft thread especially. Oh to be 14 again.
Megaterio Llamas
MVP
MVP

Post by Megaterio Llamas »

The kid I wanted the Canucks to take in the second round in '18 won the Hobey this year and just signed with the Blues a while back. I should drop in over there and brag :D
el rey del mambo
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

They sure slurp on JD Burke’s dink nonstop. As if his word is gospel. The guy is a neckbeard so maybe that’s where the attraction comes from.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Listening JD Burke is like motivation for suicide. The man is terribly depressing.