2020 NHL Draft

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

5thhorseman
MVP
MVP

Re: 2020 NHL Draft

Post by 5thhorseman »

Doyle Hargraves wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 9:59 amIt will at least a moth to get this thing off the ground.
Well, they better get moving if they want to be the only sport on TV during the lockdown!

https://www.fresnobee.com/news/article242956966.html

NBA says it is talking with Disney about resuming season

The NBA is in talks with The Walt Disney Company on a single-site scenario for a resumption of play in Central Florida in late July, the clearest sign yet that the league believes the season can continue amid the coronavirus pandemic.

The National Basketball Players Association is also part of the talks with Disney, the league said Saturday. Games would be held at the ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex, a massive campus on the Disney property near Orlando.

NBA spokesman Mike Bass said the conversations were still “exploratory,” and that the Disney site would be used for practices and housing as well.
Megaterio Llamas
MVP
MVP

Post by Megaterio Llamas »

@TSNBobMcKenzie

https://twitter.com/TSNBobMcKenzie/stat ... 57697?s=20

NHL Draft Lottery will be on Friday June 26. The Nos. 1, 2 and 3 picks will be up for grabs. Fifteen teams — the seven who are no longer playing plus 8 more currently identified as Teams A, B, C, D, E, F, G, H — will be in the lottery. Same lottery odds as prior years.
el rey del mambo
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

It is a complicated way to do the draft. While I applaud the effort it makes much more sense to wait until the elimination round is over. But I guess they are hungry for any type of action. But with this system there is potential for two phases or two draws. Complicated. But hey, should we lose in the elimination round there is a chance we get the 1OA......
The only HW the Canucks need
Richardstroker69
MVP
MVP

Post by Richardstroker69 »

I feel Detroit should get the same opportunity to drop to 4th that we did
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Apparently Byfield is dropping. Not been very impressive in tournaments.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 6:44 am Apparently Byfield is dropping. Not been very impressive in tournaments.
He looked pretty basic in the wjc. I'd take Drysdale before Byfield every time
If you need air...call it in
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

The Brown Wizard wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 7:12 am
Chef Boi RD wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 6:44 am Apparently Byfield is dropping. Not been very impressive in tournaments.
And Stutzle
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 7:16 am
The Brown Wizard wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 7:12 am
And Stutzle
Definitely. The kraut is a stud too.

Byfield has that lack of dexterity that may indicate his skills failing at the higher levels. I'd be wary of spending a top 5 on him
If you need air...call it in
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

According to who? Which tournaments are you talking about?
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

So he didn't show too well in tournament. This kid looks awesome. The early part of this draft is really good.

2020 NHL Draft Profile: Quinton Byfield
https://www.silversevensens.com/2020/5/ ... rs-ohl-nhl
"evolution"
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Doyle Hargraves wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 8:15 am
According to who? Which tournaments are you talking about?
Shaddap!!
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

So, for the first time, I was just looking over the draft loto procedure + play-in matchups.

And I think if we beat Minny and lose in the next round, the pick will prolly be 18th-ish (Joisy's pick in that case of course).

But if we lose to Minny we keep the pick and it will prolly be 12th-ish with a shot at top-3 (depending on what happens in the 1st phase).

Does that sound right? Cuz if so, that's not too shabby!
____
Try to focus on someday.
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

Strangelove wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 2:21 pm So, for the first time, I was just looking over the draft loto procedure + play-in matchups.

And I think if we beat Minny and lose in the next round, the pick will prolly be 18th-ish (Joisy's pick in that case of course).

But if we lose to Minny we keep the pick and it will prolly be 12th-ish with a shot at top-3 (depending on what happens in the 1st phase).

If correct, it’s not too shabby at all :thumbs:
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

rats19 wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 2:47 pm
Strangelove wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 2:21 pm So, for the first time, I was just looking over the draft loto procedure + play-in matchups.

I believe it's roughly correct, although I had a rough night last night and am in rough shape today.

(maybe shoulda said 13th-ish instead of 12th-ish)
____
Try to focus on someday.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Strangelove wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 2:58 pm
rats19 wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 2:47 pm

I believe it's roughly correct, although I had a rough night last night and am in rough shape today.

(maybe shoulda said 13th-ish instead of 12th-ish)
It’s a win win situation if this aborted season goes ahead. Win and you get the fans behind you and go on a run. Lose in a tight series and the kids get their feet wet with “post season play” .... and they get to draft in the first round of a rich draft. Win a round or two and the pick for JT Miller is 18-25ish.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”