2019 NHL ENTRY DRAFT - Vancouver

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Re: 2019 NHL ENTRY DRAFT - Vancouver

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Wed May 06, 2020 6:44 am Resign Tanev, Markstrom, Toffoli, Tryamkin. It will happen
Need to clear a big chunk of cap space.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Doyle Hargraves wrote: Wed May 06, 2020 7:02 am
Chef Boi RD wrote: Wed May 06, 2020 6:44 am Resign Tanev, Markstrom, Toffoli, Tryamkin. It will happen
Don’t be a Debbie Downer
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Wed May 06, 2020 7:06 am
Don’t be a Debbie Downer
Just pointing out a fact. I’d like to keep all three guys and bring the Russian back too but they need to clear out some of the deadwood. They may even need to move a useful player (Virtanen, Boeser) for a pick(s) or a kid(s).
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Isnt Viirtanen an RFA this offseason? Hes going to be looking for a healthy raise...
If you need air...call it in
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

I'd never boot Boeser and / or Virtanen just to resign an older winger that has been noted for inconsistency. We got shit kicked because of the
virus on that trade. It's not any ones fault. I really don't think he's worth more than he's making now.
Jake will sign cheap just to stay here, book it. Tanev wont be greedy either.
"evolution"
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

I don't think many teams will be opening the wallets to FAs this off season. Add in GMs have to set themselves up for expansion and well some FAs may just have to settle for a lot less or shorter terms.
The only HW the Canucks need
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Just Loui. :drink:
____
Try to focus on someday.
Megaterio Llamas
MVP
MVP

Post by Megaterio Llamas »

Man how crazy would it be if a sleeper pick like Mike Benning slipped to us in the third round?

Can you imagine the tizzy the internet would go into :D

2020 NHL Draft Profile: Michael Benning

RHD, Sherwood Park Crusaders (AJHL)

5’9″/170 lbs, 17.69 years old

https://theprospectnetwork.ca/2019/12/0 ... l-benning/
NEWS
THREE NHL DRAFT PROSPECTS ARE MAKING NCAA HEADLINES RIGHT NOW

Carter Savoie, Michael Benning and Mitch Miller have all announced their intentions to join NCAA teams next year. What are the challenges they face and what kind of upside do they have? We take a look.

https://thehockeynews.com/news/article/ ... -right-now
Hockey honours for Michael Benning and Madison Willan

TOP DEFENCEMAN – Michael Benning of St. Albert is the Alberta Junior Hockey League's defenceman of the year. Benning, 18, finished 13th in the AJHL scoring race after leading all defencemen in points (75) and assists (65) in his second year with the Sherwood Park Crusaders, the No. 1-ranked team in the Canadian Junior Hockey League. Benning's assist total tied for third highest in a season for defencemen. In the NHL Central Scouting mid-term rankings, Benning was slotted 60th. EDMONTON SUN photo

https://www.stalberttoday.ca/sports-dig ... an-2181360
el rey del mambo
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

I wonder by the end of the 2021/22 season if Podkolzin passes some of the top 10 players in the 2019 draft in value/pts, sans the top 3 (hughes, kakko, dach).

byram, turcotte, seider, cozens, broberg, zegras.

https://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/draft/nhl2019e.html
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Curmudgeon
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Curmudgeon »

SKYO wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 6:55 pm I wonder by the end of the 2021/22 season if Podkolzin passes some of the top 10 players in the 2019 draft in value/pts, sans the top 3 (hughes, kakko, dach).

FWIW The Hockey News Future Watch issue has him as the 9th best prospect outside the NHL ahead of Turcotte (11) and Broberg (24). Hoglander is only 3 spots behind Broberg.
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Curmudgeon wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 11:10 am
SKYO wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 6:55 pm I wonder by the end of the 2021/22 season if Podkolzin passes some of the top 10 players in the 2019 draft in value/pts, sans the top 3 (hughes, kakko, dach).

FWIW The Hockey News Future Watch issue has him as the 9th best prospect outside the NHL ahead of Turcotte (11) and Broberg (24). Hoglander is only 3 spots behind Broberg.
Podkolzin and Hoglander is why I want to make the playoffs, we don't really need a Lafreiniere sp, lol obviously we could, but the team needs a top right side dman more than anything at this point moving forward. Especially if they re-sign toffoli, as we still have miller, virtanen, brockstar and Pearson for top six wingers.
We kinda like a young Boston team needing to add Chara to complete their team.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

SKYO wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 11:34 am

Podkolzin and Hoglander is why I want to make the playoffs, we don't really need a Lafreiniere sp, lol obviously we could, but the team needs a top right side dman more than anything at this point moving forward. Especially if they re-sign toffoli, as we still have miller, virtanen, brockstar and Pearson for top six wingers.
I'm smokin what youre rollin SKYO. The state of the D is a critical situation
If you need air...call it in
Curmudgeon
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Curmudgeon »

SKYO wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 11:34 am

If Canucks got the 1st pick I'd consider dealing it to Ottawa along with Eriksson, Baerstchi, Benn, and Sutter or Roussel for the 3rd pick.
ESQ
MVP
MVP

Post by ESQ »

Curmudgeon wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 11:42 am
If Canucks got the 1st pick I'd consider dealing it to Ottawa along with Eriksson, Baerstchi, Benn, and Sutter or Roussel for the 3rd pick.
That....is one of the most bananas things I've ever read.

I love it! Pull the trigger Jim! You're trading down two spots, but via the cap space you're adding Tanev, Toffoli, Markstrom, Jake, and possibly Barrie.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

If this team won the first pick and traded down just to get rid of some contract blunders, I’d be pretty pissed.