Canucks Contracts

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Re: Canucks Contracts

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

SKYO wrote: Mon Jun 08, 2020 1:08 pm
Doyle Hargraves wrote: Mon Jun 08, 2020 12:21 pm Yeah..... no. You sign Petterson and Hughes to 8 year deals as soon as you can. Sure, bridge them right to UFA at 26. Make’s perfect sense to do that with your franchise players.

Why have a rib eye when you can have a box of KD?

:lol: :roll:
If the team is playing awesome and the ownership/management/coaches are great to you in a superb city, it's a fairly confident move and a sure sign they'll re-sign without any issues. VAN is not like a shitty city like Edmonton where everyone wants to get out asap unless you're overpaid.
You lock up your franchise players full stop. Wake up and get your head out of Gomer’s ass.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Micky wrote: Mon Jun 08, 2020 12:11 pm Chris really wants to stay and he's a hell of a team guy but I think he'll test the market if the Canucks offer just one year.
FFS Mick, you just linked an article the other day in which Tanev was suggesting he might be open to a one year deal.

http://www.canuckscorner.com/forums/vie ... 85#p382985
____
Try to focus on someday.
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Doyle Hargraves wrote: Mon Jun 08, 2020 1:31 pm
SKYO wrote: Mon Jun 08, 2020 1:08 pm
Doyle Hargraves wrote: Mon Jun 08, 2020 12:21 pm Yeah..... no. You sign Petterson and Hughes to 8 year deals as soon as you can. Sure, bridge them right to UFA at 26. Make’s perfect sense to do that with your franchise players.

Why have a rib eye when you can have a box of KD?

:lol: :roll:
If the team is playing awesome and the ownership/management/coaches are great to you in a superb city, it's a fairly confident move and a sure sign they'll re-sign without any issues. VAN is not like a shitty city like Edmonton where everyone wants to get out asap unless you're overpaid.
You lock up your franchise players full stop. Wake up and get your head out of Gomer’s ass.
Franchise players getting shorter term deals with a more affordable cap hit after their ELC's include:

Crosby and Malkin 5 years (championships)
Patrick Kane and Toews 5 years (championships)
Getzlaf and Perry 5 years (champion)
Matthews 5 years
Seguin 6 years
Giroux 3 years
Voracek 1 yr, 4 years
Bergeron 5 years (champion)
Stamkos 5 years
Kucherov 3 years
Point 3 years

Only the Oilers bucked the trend and paid McDavid/Draisaitl full cash up front after their ELC's, Sabres with Eichel and the Leaves got suckered with Nylander/Marner all three teams who haven't fared well imo.
Capitals 13 years for Ovie, Avs 7 years for MacKinnon and Landeskog but cheaper AAV's.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

You don’t sign your franchise players to five year deal and walk them to UFA at 25 or 26. It’s pure stupidity.

If you need to bridge one of them do it for 2 -3 years. All things equal, getting their names on 8 year deals is optimum.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Doyle Hargraves wrote: Mon Jun 08, 2020 4:07 pm You don’t sign your franchise players to five year deal and walk them to UFA at 25 or 26
Agreed, sign 'em for 8 years each, pitter patter...
____
Try to focus on someday.
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Strangelove wrote: Mon Jun 08, 2020 4:44 pm
Doyle Hargraves wrote: Mon Jun 08, 2020 4:07 pm You don’t sign your franchise players to five year deal and walk them to UFA at 25 or 26
Just don't be surprised if they aren't signed to 8 year "max $" extensions as a ton of franchise players across the league don't get that very often after their ELC's.

I should add I'm not entirely opposed to that 8 year extension, I just don't see that happening, could be wrong tho. :D
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Well you must be wrong because Hargraves and I finally agreed on something. :D
____
Try to focus on someday.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Strangelove wrote: Mon Jun 08, 2020 6:29 pm Well you must be wrong because Hargraves and I finally agreed on something. :D
We have agreed on many things over the years. Sometimes I think we were pretty close to agreeing on a few more things over the past four or five years but nobody would budge that extra inch or so :lol:
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Doyle Hargraves wrote: Mon Jun 08, 2020 7:37 pm
Strangelove wrote: Mon Jun 08, 2020 6:29 pm Well you must be wrong because Hargraves and I finally agreed on something. :D
We have agreed on many things over the years. Sometimes I think we were pretty close to agreeing on a few more things over the past four or five years but nobody would budge that extra inch or so :lol:
Yes I think we can agree we're both a coupla assholes. :mrgreen:
____
Try to focus on someday.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Strangelove wrote: Mon Jun 08, 2020 7:42 pm
Gomer107 agrees to that :lol:
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Doyle Hargraves wrote: Mon Jun 08, 2020 7:50 pm
For the first time ever, you, I, and fucking Gomer agree on something! :wow:
____
Try to focus on someday.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Strangelove wrote: Mon Jun 08, 2020 7:55 pm
Doyle Hargraves wrote: Mon Jun 08, 2020 7:50 pm
For the first time ever, you, I, and fucking Gomer agree on something! :wow:
Jesus Christ. I’ll wake up tomorrow and be called Hargraves107 :lol:
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Strangelove wrote: Mon Jun 08, 2020 2:49 pm
Micky wrote: Mon Jun 08, 2020 12:11 pm Chris really wants to stay and he's a hell of a team guy but I think he'll test the market if the Canucks offer just one year.
FFS Mick, you just linked an article the other day in which Tanev was suggesting he might be open to a one year deal.

http://www.canuckscorner.com/forums/vie ... 85#p382985
“I definitely could see a lot of guys signing a one-year deal and then hoping the league gets financially better next summer.”
is what he said..
SKYO wrote: Mon Jun 08, 2020 6:09 pm
Strangelove wrote: Mon Jun 08, 2020 4:44 pm
Just don't be surprised if they aren't signed to 8 year "max $" extensions as a ton of franchise players across the league don't get that very often after their ELC's.

I should add I'm not entirely opposed to that 8 year extension, I just don't see that happening, could be wrong tho. :D
Little early to be saying 8 for 8 for both. Should at least try and stagger the terms but if nothing else, wait a bit. Not five though!!
"evolution"
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

What he said Micky was "Whether it’s one year or many years (on the next contract), I’d love to play my whole career here. Who knows what’s going to happen?"
The only HW the Canucks need
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Hockey Widow wrote: Tue Jun 09, 2020 10:19 am What he said Micky was "Whether it’s one year or many years (on the next contract), I’d love to play my whole career here. Who knows what’s going to happen?"
Oh ya! so he did :blush: Sholda read to the end.
"evolution"