Canucks Contracts

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Cherry Picker
CC Hall of Fan Member

Re: Canucks Contracts

Post by Cherry Picker »

Green is trying to turn Horvat into Travis Green. He isn't that, but he is a very good center. No way I trade him. There are so many options that Green doesn't experiment with. They can put Hovat on the first line between Pettersson and Tofolli. They and put Miller on a second line with Gaudette and Jake. There are a number of combinations that aren't tried because of Green's fixation with a shut down line. They have Sutter or Beagle for that. Why make Bo focus on a role he is not the best at. He is much better at pushing offence than sitting back and trapping the other team while the air thief sucks the passion for the game and life right out of him.
We are all Snidely Whiplash.
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

They wont trade Bo, CP. His number look terrible this year on paper but we know there's more to it than that. Like you say, Green doesn't
use him in a situation where he can succeed. Too much PK time and an over use of sending him out just to take face-offs. Just "that", has
altered the way he, not only plays, but the way he sees himself. That is on Green.
Now it can be argued that Tanner Pearson is totally having a career year but then why is his plus/minus so much better then Horvat's.?

Boeser can play with Horvat and Pearson as soon as he's back. Green shouldn't put Brock right back with Petrtersson just because they're friends.
I remember a time when Horvat and Boeser looked great.
"evolution"
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Micky wrote: Mon Mar 09, 2020 11:09 am Green doesn't use him in a situation where he can succeed. Too much PK time and an over use of sending him out just to take face-offs. Just "that", has altered the way he, not only plays, but the way he sees himself. That is on Green.
Bo has averaged just 25 seconds per game on the PK (3:44 0n the PP).
____
Try to focus on someday.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Ha Mick youre busted buds...not even watching games

Tsk
If you need air...call it in
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

He's a bum! https://puckbase.com/player/bo-horvat Trade him!

kidding...

He's not under paid though.
"evolution"
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

The Brown Wizard wrote: Mon Mar 09, 2020 9:00 pm Ha Mick youre busted buds...not even watching games

Tsk
Yeah wtf? Shit even my wife knows that, she doesn’t even watch games just hears me yelling at MIke Gillis as I watch games while she does the evening laundry
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Rob Williams@RobTheHockeyGuy
#Canucks' Markstrom on his contract status: "I want to stay in Vancouver. In my mind, that’s my goal... I have no plans of leaving."
12:20 PM · Apr 22, 2020
"evolution"
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Tue Mar 10, 2020 6:57 am
Shit even my wife knows....just hears me yelling at MIke Gillis...
:wow:
If you need air...call it in
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Micky wrote: Thu Apr 23, 2020 1:23 pm
Rob Williams@RobTheHockeyGuy
#Canucks' Markstrom on his contract status: "I want to stay in Vancouver. In my mind, that’s my goal... I have no plans of leaving."
12:20 PM · Apr 22, 2020
:shock:
____
Try to focus on someday.
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

June thoughts, Tanev seems like a easy 1 year deal.

UFA Marky/Canucks are in a tough spot thanks to the expansion draft.

Does the team give Petey the Crosby/Malkin/Patrick Kane plan? 5 years lower cap hit to help keep quality depth, then the big 8 year payday after that.

Hughes do they go the Werenski route? 3 years lower cap hit $5M per?
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

SKYO wrote: Mon Jun 08, 2020 11:41 am June thoughts, Tanev seems like a easy 1 year deal.

Does the team give Petey the Crosby/Malkin/Patrick Kane plan? 5 years lower cap hit to help keep quality depth, then the big 8 year payday after that.

Agree they have to find a way to manage Pete and Quinn's next contracts.

Chris really wants to stay and he's a hell of a team guy but I think he'll test the market if the Canucks offer just one year.
"evolution"
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Yeah..... no. You sign Petterson and Hughes to 8 year deals as soon as you can. Sure, bridge them right to UFA at 26. Make’s perfect sense to do that with your franchise players.

Why have a rib eye when you can have a box of KD?

:lol: :roll:
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Curmudgeon
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Curmudgeon »

Micky wrote: Mon Jun 08, 2020 12:11 pm
SKYO wrote: Mon Jun 08, 2020 11:41 am June thoughts, Tanev seems like a easy 1 year deal.

Agree they have to find a way to manage Pete and Quinn's next contracts.

Chris really wants to stay and he's a hell of a team guy but I think he'll test the market if the Canucks offer just one year.

I'd be pretty surprised if a team offered Tanev anything too lucrative with his injury history. It really affected any trade value he had when he was younger and he's not likely to get better or remain all that healthy as he gets older either. You're right though, he's a hell of a team guy and would be great to have around under team friendly circumstances.
Curmudgeon
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Curmudgeon »

Doyle Hargraves wrote: Mon Jun 08, 2020 12:21 pm Yeah..... no. You sign Petterson and Hughes to 8 year deals as soon as you can. Sure, bridge them right to UFA at 26. Make’s perfect sense to do that with your franchise players.

KD with ketchup is pretty fine I'll have you know. Wouldn't that be a Canuck thing to do though? Like pulling a currency switcheroo on Bure just as he was ready to sign his deal. Sometimes this team just can't stop itself from shitting the bed.
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Doyle Hargraves wrote: Mon Jun 08, 2020 12:21 pm Yeah..... no. You sign Petterson and Hughes to 8 year deals as soon as you can. Sure, bridge them right to UFA at 26. Make’s perfect sense to do that with your franchise players.

If the team is playing awesome and the ownership/management/coaches are great to you in a superb city, it's a fairly confident move and a sure sign they'll re-sign without any issues. VAN is not like a shitty city like Edmonton where everyone wants to get out asap unless you're overpaid.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.