NHL Season suspended - Now what?

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

User avatar
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP
Posts: 24651
Joined: Sat Dec 18, 2004 1:13 pm
Location: Lake Vostok

Re: NHL Season suspended - Now what?

Post by Strangelove »

Micky wrote:
Fri May 22, 2020 3:24 pm
Strangelove wrote:
Fri May 22, 2020 1:34 pm
Micky wrote:
Fri May 22, 2020 8:06 am
there is a rumor floating around, I doubt if it's authentic or is valid but you never know.
Players called to return to team cities.
I think there is still difficulty getting around and that would be my reason to think this is a wishful fan hallucinating.
Damn, I was hoping you'd link to the idiot kid on the internet who posted that bullshit nugget so I could delete this post.

Seriously Mick, why even mention it...
That's why I said what I did but it brings up something that I was wondering and that is would they allow teams to come back to their home
cities to have mini training camps? Be great for local fans just to get some local imagery from the rink.
I'm doubting that's in the cards.
It's a possibility at some point in the future (not gunna happen)

... but to suggest players have already been "called to return to team cities" (as your 'rumour' contends)

... well that's just sheer idiocy.
____
GO CANUCKS GO!!!

User avatar
The Brown Wizard
MVP
MVP
Posts: 10665
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:19 pm
Location: in the shed with a fresh packed bowl

Re: NHL Season suspended - Now what?

Post by The Brown Wizard »

So assuming the 2 city/12 team per rumours are correct...will the teams be holding a camp in their home cities or will they have 12 local rinks set aside in the tournament cities to have their camps i wonder?

If they do a camp in their home cities wont they need to quarantine 2 seperate times whereas in the host city they might be able to get away with one 14 day isolation stint
Witchcraft... Oh, but it IS. A dark and terrible magic...

User avatar
Doyle Hargraves
MVP
MVP
Posts: 18325
Joined: Wed Aug 11, 2004 12:34 pm
Location: Oakalla

Re: NHL Season suspended - Now what?

Post by Doyle Hargraves »

The Brown Wizard wrote:
Fri May 22, 2020 3:39 pm
So assuming the 2 city/12 team per rumours are correct...will the teams be holding a camp in their home cities or will they have 12 local rinks set aside in the tournament cities to have their camps i wonder?

If they do a camp in their home cities wont they need to quarantine 2 seperate times whereas in the host city they might be able to get away with one 14 day isolation stint
I’m wondering if there will be a skullet tossing or two with all the players gathered in two cities.
“ROR IS OVERRATED, MACKINNON IS A BUM, TAVARES IS DONE”

User avatar
Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP
Posts: 3687
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2004 9:54 am
Location: Saskatoon, Sk.

Re: NHL Season suspended - Now what?

Post by Madcombinepilot »

Micky wrote:
Fri May 22, 2020 2:52 pm

Up till a couple days ago, I strongly felt that way too. I'm trying to accept what they're attempting is what is what all parties, including the fans, want.
However if this proposal is not given the thumbs up unanimously and carried out in short order and will take even more time to work out, then
absolutely; forget it, cut your losses and put all effort in to the 20/21 season.
Not bad. Only one flip/flop in 3 sentences. Gomer gettin better.
The 'Chain of Command' is the chain I am going to beat you with until you understand I am in charge.

User avatar
Megaterio Llamas
CC 1st Team All-Star
Posts: 956
Joined: Mon Feb 03, 2020 4:23 am
Location: North Shore

Re: NHL Season suspended - Now what?

Post by Megaterio Llamas »

So who's the skullet king these days. Is it still Al Iafrate. Or is there a new el supremo?
non enim veni Gauncem, enim manci Biegum

User avatar
The Brown Wizard
MVP
MVP
Posts: 10665
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:19 pm
Location: in the shed with a fresh packed bowl

Re: NHL Season suspended - Now what?

Post by The Brown Wizard »

Madcombinepilot wrote:
Fri May 22, 2020 4:20 pm
Micky wrote:
Fri May 22, 2020 2:52 pm

Up till a couple days ago, I strongly felt that way too. I'm trying to accept what they're attempting is what is what all parties, including the fans, want.
However if this proposal is not given the thumbs up unanimously and carried out in short order and will take even more time to work out, then
absolutely; forget it, cut your losses and put all effort in to the 20/21 season.
Not bad. Only one flip/flop in 3 sentences. Gomer gettin better.
Gomer108!
Witchcraft... Oh, but it IS. A dark and terrible magic...

User avatar
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP
Posts: 24651
Joined: Sat Dec 18, 2004 1:13 pm
Location: Lake Vostok

Re: NHL Season suspended - Now what?

Post by Strangelove »

Megaterio Llamas wrote:
Fri May 22, 2020 4:33 pm
So who's the skullet king these days. Is it still Al Iafrate. Or is there a new el supremo?
Patrick Kane?
____
GO CANUCKS GO!!!

User avatar
Megaterio Llamas
CC 1st Team All-Star
Posts: 956
Joined: Mon Feb 03, 2020 4:23 am
Location: North Shore

Re: NHL Season suspended - Now what?

Post by Megaterio Llamas »

Strangelove wrote:
Fri May 22, 2020 4:43 pm
Megaterio Llamas wrote:
Fri May 22, 2020 4:33 pm
So who's the skullet king these days. Is it still Al Iafrate. Or is there a new el supremo?
Patrick Kane?
He's got the party in the back going on for sure.

You would like so see a little less hair on top though I think.
non enim veni Gauncem, enim manci Biegum

User avatar
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP
Posts: 24651
Joined: Sat Dec 18, 2004 1:13 pm
Location: Lake Vostok

Re: NHL Season suspended - Now what?

Post by Strangelove »

Megaterio Llamas wrote:
Fri May 22, 2020 4:47 pm
Strangelove wrote:
Fri May 22, 2020 4:43 pm
Megaterio Llamas wrote:
Fri May 22, 2020 4:33 pm
So who's the skullet king these days. Is it still Al Iafrate. Or is there a new el supremo?
Patrick Kane?
He's got the party in the back going on for sure.

You would like so see a little less hair on top though I think.
I thought I noticed a fair bit of thinning going on last I saw him?
____
GO CANUCKS GO!!!

User avatar
Megaterio Llamas
CC 1st Team All-Star
Posts: 956
Joined: Mon Feb 03, 2020 4:23 am
Location: North Shore

Re: NHL Season suspended - Now what?

Post by Megaterio Llamas »

Oh yes. The process is definitely operational :D
non enim veni Gauncem, enim manci Biegum

User avatar
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP
Posts: 24651
Joined: Sat Dec 18, 2004 1:13 pm
Location: Lake Vostok

Re: NHL Season suspended - Now what?

Post by Strangelove »

If you'll look closely you'll see the plugs.

The last one to ask him about dat dere was a cabbie driver.
____
GO CANUCKS GO!!!

User avatar
Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP
Posts: 3687
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2004 9:54 am
Location: Saskatoon, Sk.

Re: NHL Season suspended - Now what?

Post by Madcombinepilot »

The Brown Wizard wrote:
Fri May 22, 2020 4:34 pm
Madcombinepilot wrote:
Fri May 22, 2020 4:20 pm
Micky wrote:
Fri May 22, 2020 2:52 pm

Up till a couple days ago, I strongly felt that way too. I'm trying to accept what they're attempting is what is what all parties, including the fans, want.
However if this proposal is not given the thumbs up unanimously and carried out in short order and will take even more time to work out, then
absolutely; forget it, cut your losses and put all effort in to the 20/21 season.
Not bad. Only one flip/flop in 3 sentences. Gomer gettin better.
Gomer108!
Lol. Gomer gonna Gomer.
The 'Chain of Command' is the chain I am going to beat you with until you understand I am in charge.

User avatar
Hockey Widow
CC Legend
Posts: 15666
Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2011 8:52 pm

Re: NHL Season suspended - Now what?

Post by Hockey Widow »

The Brown Wizard wrote:
Fri May 22, 2020 3:39 pm
So assuming the 2 city/12 team per rumours are correct...will the teams be holding a camp in their home cities or will they have 12 local rinks set aside in the tournament cities to have their camps i wonder?

If they do a camp in their home cities wont they need to quarantine 2 seperate times whereas in the host city they might be able to get away with one 14 day isolation stint
They would only quarantine if they cross boarders. Of course they could petition to be declared essential services, something Trump would grant.
The only HW the Canucks need

User avatar
5thhorseman
MVP
MVP
Posts: 1944
Joined: Thu Jan 07, 2010 12:04 pm

Re: NHL Season suspended - Now what?

Post by 5thhorseman »

Then you'd think all the games would be in one country only. Can't afford a 14 day break before the final. Haven't been keeping up but are there any US cities seriously in the running?

User avatar
Hockey Widow
CC Legend
Posts: 15666
Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2011 8:52 pm

Re: NHL Season suspended - Now what?

Post by Hockey Widow »

5thhorseman wrote:
Fri May 22, 2020 6:38 pm
Then you'd think all the games would be in one country only. Can't afford a 14 day break before the final. Haven't been keeping up but are there any US cities seriously in the running?
I agree. Unless they can get special permission to fly between the two countries it makes sense to have them all in the US. I think now that the PA has agreed subject to all the details, including safety, being worked out it will be a go. But there is the rub. There are a lot of details to be worked out. Or course our boarder is only closed until mid June so....
The only HW the Canucks need

Post Reply