NHL Season suspended - Now what?

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Re: NHL Season suspended - Now what?

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Strangelove wrote: Thu May 21, 2020 2:17 pm
JelloPuddingPop wrote: Thu May 21, 2020 9:51 am I just want to watch some hockey - such a huge hole in my daily routine, that is now filled with scotch and chainsaws...
Hmmm. Chainsaws eh? :idea:
Jello is a product of the long whitehorse winter darkness...you would be amazed at what he can do with one of those things
If you need air...call it in
JelloPuddingPop
MVP
MVP

Post by JelloPuddingPop »

The Brown Wizard wrote: Thu May 21, 2020 3:21 pm
JelloPuddingPop wrote: Thu May 21, 2020 9:51 am I just want to watch some hockey - such a huge hole in my daily routine, that is now filled with scotch and chainsaws...
Jello is a product of the long whitehorse winter darkness...you would be amazed at what he can do with one of those things
Good memory UDL, and they say grass affects the mind - only to expand it I say!
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

JelloPuddingPop wrote: Thu May 21, 2020 3:34 pm
The Brown Wizard wrote: Thu May 21, 2020 3:21 pm
Good memory UDL, and they say grass affects the mind - only to expand it I say!
Hear hear!

Every bowl adds another point to the IQ score
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Pierre LeBrun@PierreVLeBrun
The NHLPA’s Executive Board (31 player reps) is in the process of voting on the 24-team Return to Play format. Voting could spill over into tomorrow. Should know results tomorrow night.6:33 PM · May 21, 2020
there is a rumor floating around, I doubt if it's authentic or is valid but you never know.
Players called to return to team cities.
I think there is still difficulty getting around and that would be my reason to think this is a wishful fan hallucinating.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
More;
Arash Madani chats with Elliotte Friedman and Chris Johnston to discuss the latest news on the NHL's potential 24-team postseason format. Plus, are Canadian cities in the running to host NHL games if the league returns?

https://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/nhl ... t-theatre/
Last edited by Mickey107 on Fri May 22, 2020 8:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
"evolution"
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Teams or the league would almost certainly charter flights to Europe to pick up their assets

Is there even international commercial flights available right now?
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

The Brown Wizard wrote: Fri May 22, 2020 8:26 am Teams or the league would almost certainly charter flights to Europe to pick up their assets

Yes, there are still international flights. Coming into Canada they are funnelled through Pearson, Montreal or VCR. There is a mandatory 14 day quarantine in place for anyone entering Canada or the USA. Flights are very very limited though.
The only HW the Canucks need
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Just 2 hours old--we are waiting;

https://www.wsls.com/sports/2020/05/22/ ... omes-next/
The NHL is open to having the playoffs extend into September and pushing the start of the 2020-21 season as late as January -- or when fans can begin attending games in some capacity.
This raised my eyebrow a bit. Just have to buck-up, go with the flow and be happy to still be alive
and talking about a resumption of hockey.
"evolution"
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Micky wrote: Fri May 22, 2020 8:06 am there is a rumor floating around, I doubt if it's authentic or is valid but you never know.
I think there is still difficulty getting around and that would be my reason to think this is a wishful fan hallucinating.
Damn, I was hoping you'd link to the idiot kid on the internet who posted that bullshit nugget so I could delete this post.

Seriously Mick, why even mention it...
____
Try to focus on someday.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Micky wrote: Fri May 22, 2020 1:11 pm .

The NHL is open to having the playoffs extend into September and pushing the start of the 2020-21 season as late as January -- or when fans can begin attending games in some capacity.
This raised my eyebrow a bit. Just have to buck-up, go with the flow and be happy to still be alive
No offense Mickster, but your eyebrow rises too easily in my ever-so humble opinion.
____
Try to focus on someday.
Tciso
MVP
MVP

Post by Tciso »

The Brown Wizard wrote: Fri May 22, 2020 8:26 am Teams or the league would almost certainly charter flights to Europe to pick up their assets

Yep. We can still fly direct to China. So, I would assume we can fly to Europe as well. Heck, at the very least, our Swedes can fly to China first, and then fly here.

Yes, our borders are closed. Like Quebec illegal refugees closed.
The Cup is soooooo ours!!!!!!!
Tciso
MVP
MVP

Post by Tciso »

Just don't fack up next season too badly is all I ask. I would rather see this season scrubbed completely than have next year's season and playoffs also mangled up. We need to flatten the curve regarding how many seasons will have an asterisk attached to them.
The Cup is soooooo ours!!!!!!!
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Im not opposed to the hockey starting after the lakes freeze over and hunting/fishing ends. I miss alot of hockey in the fall
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Tciso wrote: Fri May 22, 2020 1:46 pm

Just don't fack up next season too badly is all I ask. I would rather see this season scrubbed completely than have next year's season and playoffs also mangled up. We need to flatten the curve regarding how many seasons will have an asterisk attached to them.
Up till a couple days ago, I strongly felt that way too. I'm trying to accept what they're attempting is what is what all parties, including the fans, want.
However if this proposal is not given the thumbs up unanimously and carried out in short order and will take even more time to work out, then
absolutely; forget it, cut your losses and put all effort in to the 20/21 season.
"evolution"
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Strangelove wrote: Fri May 22, 2020 1:36 pm No offense Mickster, but your eyebrow rises too easily in my ever-so humble opinion.
Maybe I should get them checked ..and be less of an alarmist. Nah. Well maybe.
Last edited by Mickey107 on Fri May 22, 2020 3:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"evolution"
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Strangelove wrote: Fri May 22, 2020 1:34 pm
Micky wrote: Fri May 22, 2020 8:06 am there is a rumor floating around, I doubt if it's authentic or is valid but you never know.
Damn, I was hoping you'd link to the idiot kid on the internet who posted that bullshit nugget so I could delete this post.

Seriously Mick, why even mention it...
That's why I said what I did but it brings up something that I was wondering and that is would they allow teams to come back to their home
cities to have mini training camps? Be great for local fans just to get some local imagery from the rink.
I'm doubting that's in the cards.
"evolution"