LOL

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Re: LOL

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Madcombinepilot wrote: Thu May 07, 2020 7:23 am Isn't JD Burke the guy that got caught on video not bothering to stand for the national anthem because he was 'too busy', and then tried to defend his position with an entire line of bullshit?
That was Colin Kaepernick
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Strangelove wrote: Wed May 06, 2020 2:31 pm
Chef Boi RD wrote: Wed May 06, 2020 2:23 pm
Strangelove wrote: Wed May 06, 2020 2:20 pm I know this is going to sound odd to you but... who the fuck are Halford and Brough?

I don't listen to any of the radio guys...
The morning show on Team 1040 between 6am and 10am I think. I’m always texting in, periodically, they read my texts often, I’m sure it wouldn’t take long for you to figure out who I am. They tend say this about me “it’s so and so again he doesn’t like us very much”
HA! Good for you Dude. :thumbs:

I dunno, every once in awhile when I'm driving I catch a minute or 2 of whoever and think to myself:

WHAT IDIOTS

Yeahno, I prefer to think hockey/gather info online when I can fact check and whatnot.

The only radio guy I ever liked was Neil MacRae because he was such a character.

Met him in real life one time and the two of us hit it off right away, the guy was a hoot!
Macrae was hilarious. He emceed a golf tourney I was at, major boozer too. Buddy put in his windows at his house and said he got lit up with Neil a couple times. He liked to puff too. The old media guys were so much better than the geeks today.

Whatever happened between Al Davidson and Macrae? Didn’t Big Al threaten to kill him? I remember Al taking a strip off of Dave Hodge a few times too. He was a fucking nut. :lol:
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Megaterio Llamas wrote: Wed May 06, 2020 10:10 pm
Strangelove wrote: Wed May 06, 2020 2:17 pm Is he a radio guy Dude?
He's a hipster goofball stats nerd with a western string tie and sideburns that didn't play team sports growing up who is also an anarcho Trotskyist or something and is always going on about how great antifa is and how he'd like to see the blockades bring Canada to it's knees. He has no broadcast training at all and whines like a nerd stuffed in a high school locker. How anyone could think that might work on sports radio is a mystery to me. Though he does have a pretty large built in following at HF Canucks :D
Ahhh. No wonder I can't listen to 2 minutes of these mutants.

Wish I had a dime for every nerd I stuffed in a locker.

(best part was kicking the shit out of the locker with the nerd in there)

So today's local sports radio is revenge of the nerds eh? :D

Never fear my good people, classic rock is just a button-push away!
____
Try to focus on someday.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Doyle Hargraves wrote: Wed May 06, 2020 10:23 pm
Chef Boi RD wrote: Wed May 06, 2020 10:06 pm
Doyle Hargraves wrote: Wed May 06, 2020 9:27 pm The management thread is gold. Urine caked MS, fudging the numbers (Dorset was 28 when he got re upped), timw33 and rypper are the stars of the show. When in doubt make shit up. Mongoloids one and all. Shouldn’t leave their houses without a helmet and a handler. It’s a shame these cats are too scared to leave the pee pee pond. :lol: We can tighten the chin straps over here.
Are they still angry with Benning?
They’re angry at life
To be fair, life has been very cruel to them. :(

*kicks the fuck out of locker*
____
Try to focus on someday.
Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP

Post by Madcombinepilot »

Doyle Hargraves wrote: Thu May 07, 2020 9:41 am
Madcombinepilot wrote: Thu May 07, 2020 7:23 am Isn't JD Burke the guy that got caught on video not bothering to stand for the national anthem because he was 'too busy', and then tried to defend his position with an entire line of bullshit?
Lol. No, there was some media hack sitting in the media section during anthems at Canuck games. Guy got plastered all over Twitter and his defense was how he had heard the song a million times and was too busy and or lazy to bother to stand up fo it. Then he went off on people questioning him.

It was on Twitter a few months ago.
The 'Chain of Command' is the chain I am going to beat you with until you understand I am in charge.
Megaterio Llamas
MVP
MVP

Post by Megaterio Llamas »

Doyle Hargraves wrote: Thu May 07, 2020 12:55 pm
Strangelove wrote: Wed May 06, 2020 2:31 pm
Chef Boi RD wrote: Wed May 06, 2020 2:23 pm
Strangelove wrote: Wed May 06, 2020 2:20 pm I know this is going to sound odd to you but... who the fuck are Halford and Brough?

I don't listen to any of the radio guys...
The morning show on Team 1040 between 6am and 10am I think. I’m always texting in, periodically, they read my texts often, I’m sure it wouldn’t take long for you to figure out who I am. They tend say this about me “it’s so and so again he doesn’t like us very much”
HA! Good for you Dude. :thumbs:

I dunno, every once in awhile when I'm driving I catch a minute or 2 of whoever and think to myself:

WHAT IDIOTS

Yeahno, I prefer to think hockey/gather info online when I can fact check and whatnot.

The only radio guy I ever liked was Neil MacRae because he was such a character.

Met him in real life one time and the two of us hit it off right away, the guy was a hoot!
Macrae was hilarious. He emceed a golf tourney I was at, major boozer too. Buddy put in his windows at his house and said he got lit up with Neil a couple times. He liked to puff too. The old media guys were so much better than the geeks today.

Whatever happened between Al Davidson and Macrae? Didn’t Big Al threaten to kill him? I remember Al taking a strip off of Dave Hodge a few times too. He was a fucking nut. :lol:
Al was threatening to have his sons beat the shit out of Neil. Even talked about it on the radio, Neil had come over from CJOR or CKWX and now had been promoted above Big Al who was being phased out. Macrae had to get a restraining order I think.

Same sort of deal with Hodge. He came out from Toronto to take the sports director position at CKNW and Al said he had no problem with it. Of course within a few weeks Al was taking shots at Dave on air and always putting the Toronto tag on him. Hodge went back to Toronto mainly because of it I think. Yeah, Al was crazy.
el rey del mambo
Megaterio Llamas
MVP
MVP

Post by Megaterio Llamas »

Madcombinepilot wrote: Thu May 07, 2020 4:48 pm
Doyle Hargraves wrote: Thu May 07, 2020 9:41 am
Lol. No, there was some media hack sitting in the media section during anthems at Canuck games. Guy got plastered all over Twitter and his defense was how he had heard the song a million times and was too busy and or lazy to bother to stand up fo it. Then he went off on people questioning him.

It was on Twitter a few months ago.
It sounds like JD Burke. I only recently really discovered who he was, he has a big following over at HF Canucks and I believe comes from a Canucks Army stats nerd background. I was checking out his twitter for Canucks rumors for a short while until I got tired of his very annoying personality. Was flabbergasted to hear him on radio though. That guy should not be talking about hockey on the radio.
el rey del mambo
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

____
Try to focus on someday.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

https://hfboards.mandatory.com/posts/172060954/

LOL “a group of intelligent fans”

Not at that mongoloid factory. :lol:

The poster “Ronning Morrison Booth” has the mouth breathers chasing their tails thinking he’s actually John Weisbrod.

And another beauty from the angry guy....
https://hfboards.mandatory.com/posts/172058967/
Spews his bullshit then gets called out for it.

The gift that keeps on giving :lol:
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

MS the Queen Bitch needs to seriously shut the fuck up. A pathetic human, be a Canuck fan ffs.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

So the allegation by the mongoloid farm is that all the success at the drafts that landed EP QH and BB are completely exclusive of Benning and all due to Brackett?

:eh:
If you need air...call it in
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

The Brown Wizard wrote: Sat May 09, 2020 7:34 am So the allegation by the mongoloid farm is that all the success at the drafts that landed EP QH and BB are completely exclusive of Benning and all due to Brackett?

:eh:
Yes, pretty much. But Benning wanted Juolevi and Virtanen. I’m pretty sure he didn’t want Boeser either according to the mongoloids.
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Thays all been Burked :oops: Saying shit with zero to back it up. Where the F*** is the trevoure lindoon reinstatement thread ?
"evolution"
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Micky wrote: Sat May 09, 2020 7:46 am Thays all been Burked :oops: Saying shit with zero to back it up. Where the F*** is the trevoure lindoon reinstatement thread ?
Take this garbage to the Gomer107 thread.
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Doyle Hargraves wrote: Sat May 09, 2020 11:22 am
Micky wrote: Sat May 09, 2020 7:46 am Thays all been Burked :oops: Saying shit with zero to back it up. Where the F*** is the trevoure lindoon reinstatement thread ?
Take this garbage to the Gomer107 thread.
piss off and NO!
"evolution"