We're All Doomed!™ (the Conquest, War, Famine, and Death Thread)

The primary goal of this site is to provide mature, meaningful discussion about the Vancouver Canucks. However, we all need a break some time so this forum is basically for anything off-topic, off the wall, or to just get something off your chest! This forum is named after poster Creeper, who passed away in July of 2011 and was a long time member of the Canucks message board community.

Moderator: Referees

Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Re: We're All Doomed!™ (the Conquest, War, Famine, and Death Thread)

Post by Hockey Widow »

From the sounds of it Per Sweden is not all that different from Canada in its approach. While we have strong social distancing guides were are not in lockdown either. We are free to go out when we want just that we have to follow social distancing guidelines. One difference is restaurants are all closed for in house dinning. Only take out or delivery. Sounds like our grocery stores look at like like yours. Perhaps the difference is in terminology and not practice. Well ok all non essential shops are closed.
The only HW the Canucks need
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Hockey Widow wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 8:26 am From the sounds of it Per Sweden is not all that different from Canada in its approach. While we have strong social distancing guides were are not in lockdown either. We are free to go out when we want just that we have to follow social distancing guidelines. One difference is restaurants are all closed for in house dinning. Only take out or delivery. Sounds like our grocery stores look at like like yours. Perhaps the difference is in terminology and not practice. Well ok all non essential shops are closed.
And people not complying with "social distancing guidelines" can be fined now I believe?
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

DOOMED
____
Try to focus on someday.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Thats how my clouds look when i smoke the dry garbage grass they flog in the dope stores.
If you need air...call it in
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

https://www.businessinsider.com/nyc-cor ... als-2020-4
New York City will bury unclaimed bodies on a remote island after 14 days because coronavirus deaths are overwhelming morgues

The coronavirus pandemic is killing hundreds of people in New York City each day.

To accommodate the dead before families claim them, the city's medical examiner expanded temporary refrigerated storage to hold 3,600 decedents, up from the usual 900. Families have 30 days to claim their loved one.

However, a policy change posted to the medical examiner's website suggests that room is running out: Bodies that families don't claim within 14 days of death will be catalogued and interred in a mass grave site on a Bronx island.

Today, OCME's website said decedents who are not claimed by a funeral home within two weeks, would be sent to the Bronx's Hart Island, where a graveyard called "City Cemetery" contains more than 1 million unclaimed bodies — the largest such site in the US.
Yikes...
____
Try to focus on someday.
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Strangelove wrote: Thu Apr 09, 2020 8:44 pm https://www.businessinsider.com/nyc-cor ... als-2020-4
New York City will bury unclaimed bodies on a remote island after 14 days because coronavirus deaths are overwhelming morgues

The coronavirus pandemic is killing hundreds of people in New York City each day.

To accommodate the dead before families claim them, the city's medical examiner expanded temporary refrigerated storage to hold 3,600 decedents, up from the usual 900. Families have 30 days to claim their loved one.

However, a policy change posted to the medical examiner's website suggests that room is running out: Bodies that families don't claim within 14 days of death will be catalogued and interred in a mass grave site on a Bronx island.

Today, OCME's website said decedents who are not claimed by a funeral home within two weeks, would be sent to the Bronx's Hart Island, where a graveyard called "City Cemetery" contains more than 1 million unclaimed bodies — the largest such site in the US.
Yikes...
Is there a voter registration booth there?
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Topper wrote: Thu Apr 09, 2020 8:46 pm Is there a voter registration booth there?
Yes, and they'll all be voting Democrat (twice).

Trump will still win of course but it gives the losers some semi-respectable numbers. :mrgreen:
____
Try to focus on someday.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Now there are rumours of them burning victims while still alive

:wow:

It's happening

...need...more...ammo...
If you need air...call it in
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

Boris is feeling better. Still hospitalized, but out of intensive care. :thumbs:

Harvey Weinstein is fully recovered.
Whatever you do, always give 100 %!
Except when donating blood.
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

Think this may actually have an impact on the view of health care in the USA moving forward.... ?

BingoTough
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by BingoTough »

Per wrote: Fri Apr 10, 2020 1:42 am Boris is feeling better. Still hospitalized, but out of intensive care. :thumbs:

Harvey Weinstein is fully recovered.
While wishing for their death is too far, I wouldn't have been sad to see it go the other way for either of those two (granted Harvey is a different kind of evil).
Last edited by BingoTough on Fri Apr 10, 2020 3:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
BingoTough
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by BingoTough »

Per wrote: Fri Apr 10, 2020 2:43 am Think this may actually have an impact on the view of health care in the USA moving forward.... ?

But they have capitalism, freedom and guns, so... winning!
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Per wrote: Fri Apr 10, 2020 2:43 am Think this may actually have an impact on the view of health care in the USA moving forward.... ?

giant stat pic
Not sure of the validity, none the less, I don't see China on that list. The Country that doesn't keep stats. Just eat bats. :twisted:
"evolution"
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

So, what will the next phase look like? :|
Over the past few days, I’ve been reading the major plans for what comes after social distancing. You can read them, too. There’s one from the right-leaning American Enterprise Institute, the left-leaning Center for American Progress, Harvard University’s Safra Center for Ethics, and Nobel Prize-winning economist Paul Romer.

I thought, perhaps naively, that reading them would be a comfort — at least then I’d be able to imagine the path back to normal. But it wasn’t. In different ways, all these plans say the same thing: Even if you can imagine the herculean political, social, and economic changes necessary to manage our way through this crisis effectively, there is no normal for the foreseeable future. Until there’s a vaccine, the US either needs economically ruinous levels of social distancing, a digital surveillance state of shocking size and scope, or a mass testing apparatus of even more shocking size and intrusiveness.
https://www.vox.com/2020/4/10/21215494/ ... employment
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

It’s hard to know how things will shake out. I just pour another beverage, smoke another gagger and paint another spirit rock. I’ve already left a couple of Lebowski rocks around Poco Trail while walking the dog; it’s very therapeutic.

I believe things will loosen up here in July and we may be back at like 50 -60 % normal. I think the economy will start chugging along and some restaurants, pubs and travel will open up somewhat.

I don’t see pro sports or concerts coming back until next year... maybe.

As an asside sone rockhead broke into my truck two nights ago. Might try and hang a little bait out for them this weekend. I am itching to take a few cuts with a 28 ounce Easton on some scumbag’s dome.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”