We're All Doomed!™ (the Conquest, War, Famine, and Death Thread)

The primary goal of this site is to provide mature, meaningful discussion about the Vancouver Canucks. However, we all need a break some time so this forum is basically for anything off-topic, off the wall, or to just get something off your chest! This forum is named after poster Creeper, who passed away in July of 2011 and was a long time member of the Canucks message board community.

Moderator: Referees

2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Re: We're All Doomed!™ (the Conquest, War, Famine, and Death Thread)

Post by 2Fingers »

BC is showing what can happen if people just follow the process of not have large gatherings and to self isolate.

https://ca.yahoo.com/news/b-c-health-of ... 00073.html

Every country/province/state will have to do this no matter what so they can minimize the impact on society and minimize the amount of people needing the equipment when they do require hospitalization. BC is not out of the woods yet but at least it looks promising.
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

Boris Johnson taken to hospital.

How’s Trump doing? :mex:
Whatever you do, always give 100 %!
Except when donating blood.
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

Per wrote: Sun Apr 05, 2020 2:21 pm Boris Johnson taken to hospital.

How’s Trump doing? :mex:
He just tested positive for being the best president ever :drink:
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Reefer2 wrote: Sun Apr 05, 2020 11:27 am BC is showing what can happen if people just follow the process of not have large gatherings and to self isolate.

Every country/province/state will have to do this no matter what so they can minimize the impact on society and minimize the amount of people needing the equipment when they do require hospitalization. BC is not out of the woods yet but at least it looks promising.
What to do with all those body bags wot?
____
Try to focus on someday.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Reefer2 wrote: Sun Apr 05, 2020 11:27 am BC is showing what can happen if people just follow the process of not have large gatherings and to self isolate.

It’s not over yet my friend, it’s like a powder keg waiting to go off
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Megaterio Llamas
MVP
MVP

Post by Megaterio Llamas »

Tiger at NYC’s Bronx Zoo tests positive for coronavirus

https://www.wkrn.com/news/tiger-at-nycs ... yFkMC-dXoX
el rey del mambo
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Megaterio Llamas wrote: Sun Apr 05, 2020 7:51 pm

Not really surprising as cats were proven to be susceptible to infection by SARS back in 2002. Cats can catch coronaviruses. Apparently canines are immune.

But that news article is as questionable as everything else out there. Fear mongering by the media, how much of it is true?

The citizen reporters that are going out and actually uploading footage of empty hospital emergency wards, no lines, etc. Interesting stuff considering what the mainstream is saying.

Or the footage from Italy of the emergency room with roughly 10 beds all full and staff bustling about.....which was then recycled and run again last week and being pitched as in New York.....but someone put a split screen video up exposing it.

This virus is real, not questioning that. I've had it, been hospitalized for 5 days requiring oxygen (not vented though), but the symptoms are a bad flu, and often mild for most people. But everyone is TERRIFIED of it, and terrified people will do anything to escape what they are scared of.
Megaterio Llamas
MVP
MVP

Post by Megaterio Llamas »

Mëds wrote: Sun Apr 05, 2020 9:45 pm
Megaterio Llamas wrote: Sun Apr 05, 2020 7:51 pm

Not really surprising as cats were proven to be susceptible to infection by SARS back in 2002. Cats can catch coronaviruses. Apparently canines are immune.

But that news article is as questionable as everything else out there. Fear mongering by the media, how much of it is true?

The citizen reporters that are going out and actually uploading footage of empty hospital emergency wards, no lines, etc. Interesting stuff considering what the mainstream is saying.

Or the footage from Italy of the emergency room with roughly 10 beds all full and staff bustling about.....which was then recycled and run again last week and being pitched as in New York.....but someone put a split screen video up exposing it.

This virus is real, not questioning that. I've had it, been hospitalized for 5 days requiring oxygen (not vented though), but the symptoms are a bad flu, and often mild for most people. But everyone is TERRIFIED of it, and terrified people will do anything to escape what they are scared of.
Hmm. interesting about cats. I too have seen the reports of empty hospital wards and such, I really don't know what to believe. I will say the Bill Gates stuff about branding everyone like cattle is terrifying. Don't quite know how a tech nerd like Gates became the foremost authority on on immunology...

*congratulations on getting over this thing, that's reassuring to hear. I had the swine flu when it was going around in late '09 and that was miserable. I think I'll pass on this one if it's all the same.
el rey del mambo
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Gates has been an expert on virus' since Windows 95
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Since this is the day to sign up for the great giveaway, how are folks doing with work?

My wife works in a seniors home so she's busy and picking up plenty of extra shifts. My main client secured a $2mil financing then dealt another project just before shit hit the fan so I'm working permitting and a report for the exchange. Field work is on hold as small towns are hostile to outsiders. The Gold Commissioner has extended all claims to December 31,2021 as it looks like this field season will be a washout and fulfilling work commitments will be a challenge. A bunch of friends laid off and reminding me of all the Spring tasks I gotta get done around the homestead but don't have time for. Week 2 of home schooling, time for a live fire lockdown drill.

Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

I got a bad flu in clusterfuck-couver right around the ramp up and escaped back to the farm. The job is still there but i dunno...best to wait and see how this fares from afar.

No job is worth catching the kung fu flu
If you need air...call it in
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

Boris now in intensive care.

Dominic Raab is in charge.
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

She's damn handy with the KY

Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Per wrote: Mon Apr 06, 2020 12:17 pm Boris now in intensive care.

Working on his own Brexit.

Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

Topper wrote: Mon Apr 06, 2020 12:58 pm
Per wrote: Mon Apr 06, 2020 12:17 pm Boris now in intensive care.

Working on his own Brexit.
In hindsight, visiting a hospital ward and shaking hands with the corona patients treated there, was maybe not a brilliant idea.
:|