Canucks News n Notes 2019-2020

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Re: Canucks News n Notes 2019-2020

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Getting Tryamkin back would be YUGE!! Even though Blobbee hates him for beating the tar out of ole $11 million Jamie Benn
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP

Post by Madcombinepilot »

Megaterio Llamas wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 10:17 pm
Ben Kuzma
@benkuzma
·
5h
Tryamkin’s agent: “His game and his style are more suited for the NHL. I believe it will be an easy transition. And having been there before, he kind of knows what to expect. He never lost hope. He’s got a lot of pride and always wanted to come back.” #Canucks
Quote Tweet

Province Sports
@provincesports
· 5h
Ben Kuzma: Timing everything as Nikita Tryamkin’s agent seeks Canucks deal https://bit.ly/39pUqPa

https://twitter.com/benkuzma/status/124 ... 94689?s=20
Well, I hope he has developed (and matured) while there. If he comes back, I hope he makes the team.

Lots of people have Tryamkin as a 3/4 defenceman on this team, but I am not sure he is that good. He couldn't make the team out of training camp on one of the worst defensive corps in this teams history. He was gifted a spot last time when he showed up out of shape and threatened Not showing up in Utica. If we sign him this time, he makes the team or not. No free rides. If he works hard, with his size he has the potential to be a beast. If he has a crybaby approach, I hope he stays in the motherland..

A lot of posters have built him up, but I am not convinced he is anything more than a bottom pairing guy.
The 'Chain of Command' is the chain I am going to beat you with until you understand I am in charge.
ESQ
MVP
MVP

Post by ESQ »

Wait - so if Tryamkin's contract expires April 30...

...and the 2019/20 season and/or post-season re-starts after April 30...

...Can the Canucks now bring him back for this year's stretch run (if there is one)?

His contract has been on the Canucks' reserve list, a la Radulov and Nashville, soooo maybe this works out?
Megaterio Llamas
MVP
MVP

Post by Megaterio Llamas »

Madcombinepilot wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 7:43 am
Ben Kuzma
@benkuzma
·
5h
Tryamkin’s agent: “His game and his style are more suited for the NHL. I believe it will be an easy transition. And having been there before, he kind of knows what to expect. He never lost hope. He’s got a lot of pride and always wanted to come back.” #Canucks
Quote Tweet

Province Sports
@provincesports
· 5h
Ben Kuzma: Timing everything as Nikita Tryamkin’s agent seeks Canucks deal https://bit.ly/39pUqPa

Well, I hope he has developed (and matured) while there. If he comes back, I hope he makes the team.

Lots of people have Tryamkin as a 3/4 defenceman on this team, but I am not sure he is that good. He couldn't make the team out of training camp on one of the worst defensive corps in this teams history. He was gifted a spot last time when he showed up out of shape and threatened Not showing up in Utica. If we sign him this time, he makes the team or not. No free rides. If he works hard, with his size he has the potential to be a beast. If he has a crybaby approach, I hope he stays in the motherland..

A lot of posters have built him up, but I am not convinced he is anything more than a bottom pairing guy.
Yeah I kind of see him in a third pairing role to start with as well. We'll see how much improvement there is in his game but I'm not expecting him to replace Chris Tanev. If he can be a third pairing D and an older Russian buddy for Podkolzin the following year I'm pretty satisfied.
el rey del mambo
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

He was starting to get PK before he left and not doing too badly. He provides a big men nasty body and he can skate. If he has developed a willingness to be nastier and is satisfied with less than top pairing minutes he can be a big help on the D. As for replacing Tanev on the right side, not many players who can do that. Too bad he was relatively healthy this year in a year that we could have seen the playoffs.
The only HW the Canucks need
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Hockey Widow wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 11:06 pm He was starting to get PK before he left and not doing too badly. He provides a big men nasty body and he can skate. If he has developed a willingness to be nastier and is satisfied with less than top pairing minutes he can be a big help on the D. As for replacing Tanev on the right side, not many players who can do that. Too bad he was relatively healthy this year in a year that we could have seen the playoffs.
More on Tryamkin--- (The Province)--https://theprovince.com/sports/hockey/n ... nucks-deal

This is an article from 2017. If I recall the offer to Tryamkin was close to the same as the one that Hutton took. Maybe a wee bit less, but close.
https://dailyhive.com/vancouver/canucks ... ussia-2017
Now I guess we start over again. To be honest, I have no clue what to expect. Hope for the best.
"evolution"
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Megaterio Llamas wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 5:11 pm
Madcombinepilot wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 7:43 am
Ben Kuzma
@benkuzma
·
5h
Quote Tweet

Province Sports
@provincesports
· 5h

Yeah I kind of see him in a third pairing role to start with as well. We'll see how much improvement there is in his game but I'm not expecting him to replace Chris Tanev. If he can be a third pairing D and an older Russian buddy for Podkolzin the following year I'm pretty satisfied.
Napkin replacing Stetcher is a giant improvement....he doesn't replace Tanev whatsoever. That will be Barrie or another ufa I would imagine.
If you need air...call it in
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

ESQ wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 9:02 am Wait - so if Tryamkin's contract expires April 30...

...Can the Canucks now bring him back for this year's stretch run (if there is one)?

His contract has been on the Canucks' reserve list, a la Radulov and Nashville, soooo maybe this works out?
The season will not start at the end of April, this season is done and there will be no playoffs. The Duck man in USA lack of doing anything has allows the virus to spread in the USA. It is still rising and it seems no where near leveling the curve. In BC where we are getting somewhat of a control on the spread, yesterdays comment was that the restrictions would still be in place until summer.

There will be no NHL or any other sport starting until then at the earliest.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

2020-21

Myers Edler
Tanev Hughes
Stecher Tryamkin

2021-22

Myers Juolevi
Tanev Hughes
Tryamkin Rathbone
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Chef Boi RD wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 7:23 am 2020-21

Myers Edler
Tanev Hughes
Stecher Tryamkin

2021-22

Myers Juolevi
Tanev Hughes
Tryamkin Rathbone
There has been a concerning lack of news regarding anything to do with Tanev resigning all year Chef. The writing is on the wall.

I would love to see him back but am fairly sure he's going home to wear his laughs pajamas and have his springs off
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Rick Dhaliwal@DhaliwalSports
Micheal Ferland’s agent Jason Davidson : “Mike is back in Brandon working out and experiencing zero symptoms.”
#Canucks
10:39 AM · Apr 1, 2020
We need some good news and this is new. Ya, we've heard similar such statements on his recoveries before but I want to stay
positive on the chances this guy beats it like Crosby did. Just the fact he's working hard to make it back is encouraging.
"evolution"
ESQ
MVP
MVP

Post by ESQ »

Reefer2 wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 7:09 am
ESQ wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 9:02 am Wait - so if Tryamkin's contract expires April 30...

The season will not start at the end of April, this season is done and there will be no playoffs. The Duck man in USA lack of doing anything has allows the virus to spread in the USA. It is still rising and it seems no where near leveling the curve. In BC where we are getting somewhat of a control on the spread, yesterdays comment was that the restrictions would still be in place until summer.

By May 1, there will be over 3 million Americans infected, recovered and immune. By June 1, it would be...I dunno, around 60 million people? If the doubling rate is 7 days for the next month, and say 10 days for May, herd immunity is likely hit by June (60% infection rate is the number I saw for herd immunity).

If the League wants to play in the summer - and it sounds like they do - the season is going to finish.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Micky wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 10:51 am
Rick Dhaliwal@DhaliwalSports
Micheal Ferland’s agent Jason Davidson : “Mike is back in Brandon working out and experiencing zero symptoms.”
#Canucks
10:39 AM · Apr 1, 2020
We need some good news and this is new. Ya, we've heard similar such statements on his recoveries before but I want to stay
positive on the chances this guy beats it like Crosby did. Just the fact he's working hard to make it back is encouraging.
Sure hope so. The guy brings exactly what the Canucks need up front moving forward.
Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP

Post by Madcombinepilot »

ESQ wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 11:04 am

By May 1, there will be over 3 million Americans infected, recovered and immune. By June 1, it would be...I dunno, around 60 million people? If the doubling rate is 7 days for the next month, and say 10 days for May, herd immunity is likely hit by June (60% infection rate is the number I saw for herd immunity).

If the League wants to play in the summer - and it sounds like they do - the season is going to finish.
Careful there, Esquire.. don't be bringing math and logic into a perfectly good emotional pandemic!!
The 'Chain of Command' is the chain I am going to beat you with until you understand I am in charge.
ESQ
MVP
MVP

Post by ESQ »

Madcombinepilot wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 11:58 am
ESQ wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 11:04 am

Careful there, Esquire.. don't be bringing math and logic into a perfectly good emotional pandemic!!
Well of course, my theory is based on the assumption that society is still standing by June :twisted: