Trade rumours & armchair pipe dreams 19-20 Sponsored by SKYO

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP

Re: Trade rumours & armchair pipe dreams 19-20 Sponsored by SKYO

Post by Madcombinepilot »

Sign Marky.

Then let them play. see how it shakes out. Then protect one and if we lose a goalie, we lose a goalie. Or trade one.

No need to rush the decision
The 'Chain of Command' is the chain I am going to beat you with until you understand I am in charge.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

So its looking like the defense will be quite different next year and like it or not may be a shade weaker if the Tan man moves on.

I would expect Tanev and Stetcher to be gone and Tryampkin should be signing on board. Rafferty likely will get a long look...

I would say Jimmy will throw money at a UFA, possibly Barrie, which isn't maybe that intelligent of a signing but if he comes over and plays like he did in Col it looks a lot better than the Toilet edition.

What else will we see? What impact UFA dmen are on the radar?
If you need air...call it in
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

That’s an ass backwards move letting Tanev walk and signing Barrie

The left side next season should read Edler, Hughes and Tryamkin

The right side - Myers, Tanev snd Stecher-(unfortunately)

When Edler walks Im hoping Juolevi is finally a mainstay. Hoping

Left side - Tryamkin, Hughes, Juolevi

Right side needs help after old men Myers and Tanev

This where the Boeser trade comes in
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 8:03 am That’s an ass backwards move letting Tanev walk and signing Barrie
Agreed. There has been absolutely zero talk about an extention with him though so you would be far from stupid to draw a conclusion based on this lack of anything.

The whispers about Barrie and the void of any mention of resigning Chris is a worry

Boeser moved out (as long as TT is retained) for a emerging dman would be a fantastic redistribution of assets. Boeser for Dobson works for me
If you need air...call it in
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

I'll put money on Boeser not being traded on Jim Benning's watch. If there were extreme health or performance issues, that might be different.
I think they try and resign Tanev. It might be a wee bit more term than what most would want to see. They might look at Barrie as well.
Rafferty gets plenty of positive reports and is involved in plenty of highlights however it is well noted by the people that cover the Comet's games
he has a problem with tape to tape passes to the wrong team. Great shot, good speed, it's all there except for that.

I think the chances of Toffoli signing here are 50/50 at best. My bet is he wants to give the market at least a look. He may have seen enough
to keep him here, can't say. I do know his old LA buddy Pearson is up at the end of the next season.
"evolution"
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Word on the street regarding Rafferty is that he’d get eaten alive on the defensive side at the NHL level which is why he’s not getting the nod. Apparently the staff is working hard with him on that side of the game, one aspect they are working on with him is getting him to improve his pivoting, apparently it needs a ton of work
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 8:03 am That’s an ass backwards move letting Tanev walk and signing Barrie
I tend to agree but I get the feeling Tanev wants more $$ + term than Jimmy wants to pay.

I'm not sure how interested Jimmy is in Barrie either.

Everyone knows Barrie wants to play in Vancouver.

Which is why, last summer, Sakic tried to trade him here.

And why, at the deadline, Dumbass tried to trade him here.

But Jimmy didn't pull the trigger either time... so just how interested is he?

Chef Boi RD wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 8:03 am The left side next season should read Edler, Hughes and Tryamkin

The right side - Myers, Tanev snd Stecher-(unfortunately)

When Edler walks Im hoping Juolevi is finally a mainstay. Hoping

Left side - Tryamkin, Hughes, Juolevi

Right side needs help after old men Myers and Tanev
Don't forget the Tree prefers the right side.

Also, I've heard Jimmy feels Rafferty will be NHL-ready next season.

This is why I'm personally penciling Raff in at #7.

Don't forget we have one more year of Benn, who plays both sides.

Stecher is gone baby gone.
____
Try to focus on someday.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Stecher should be gone but that is a worse blue line than the one they just played the season with.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Doyle Hargraves wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 2:11 pm Stecher should be gone but that is a worse blue line than the one they just played the season with.
Well who knows, maybe Tanev will end up agreeing to something reasonable.

Also, who knows how well Tree and Raffy will perform.
____
Try to focus on someday.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

The NY Rangers are loaded with defence prospects and young NHL d men. They would make a good trading partner for Vancouver.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Doyle Hargraves wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 7:41 am The NY Rangers are loaded with defence prospects and young NHL d men. They would make a good trading partner for Vancouver.
Are you referring to K’Andre Miller? Who was ranked 43rd on Buttons top 50 NHL affiliated prospects list. I’m seeing no other decent D prospects in their pipeline. They certainly are not trading D’Angelo, Fox or Lindgren. I’m assuming you mean Miller?
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Nils Lundquist is an excellent d prospect. So is Miller. Zac Jones is a good prospect and Mathew Robertson who plays for the Oil Kings. I forget they just traded Joey Keane to Carolina. So four really good kids 20 and under and another 1/2 dozen cooking in the system. They’ve drafted a shitload of D men the last few years.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Doyle Hargraves wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 10:25 am Nils Lundquist is an excellent d prospect. So is Miller. Zac Jones is a good prospect and Mathew Robertson who plays for the Oil Kings. I forget they just traded Joey Keane to Carolina. So four really good kids 20 and under and another 1/2 dozen cooking in the system. They’ve drafted a shitload of D men the last few years.
This last January the Hockey Writers put together a Top 100 NHL Affiliated Prospects list. The Rangers had two on that list - Miller and Lundquist. We also had two - Woo and Juolevi. We also have Tryamkin coming. Rathbone camp says they are taking the next 2 weeks to decide to turn pro, the Canucks are trying hard to sign him. We also have Rafferty in the pipeline. We have a decent group of D prospects in the system but do agree we could use more. Just not sure the Rangers need anything, they are pretty set in every position on the ice now and in the future
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

I’d assume the Rangers could use a good young centre. They have great young goaltending and D but I’m not bullish on their kids up front other than KK. Not sure we have a centre to give up though. I’m curious how they’d value Jake Virtanen or Brock Boeser if Ignitowski brings back Tyler Toffoli.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Doyle Hargraves wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 10:43 am I’d assume the Rangers could use a good young centre. They have great young goaltending and D but I’m not bullish on their kids up front other than KK. Not sure we have a centre to give up though. I’m curious how they’d value Jake Virtanen or Brock Boeser if Ignitowski brings back Tyler Toffoli.
If they pry Kravtsov out of the KHL they are set on RW with him and Kakko and LW with Panarin and Kreider. Centre isn’t the greatest after Zibanejed unless Chytil keeps improving. Ryan Strome seems to have found a home in NYR. Lias Andersson is busting so yeah not the deepest if Chytil doesn’t evolve into a top 2 centre but like you said we have no centre depth to trade them unless we convert Lind and MacEwan back to centre and trade Gaudette. Don’t see that happening

They were trying to trade Andersson recently but asking for too much. There is concern that Andersson’s skating isn’t NHL caliber
Last edited by Chef Boi RD on Sat Apr 04, 2020 10:56 am, edited 1 time in total.