Canucks Young Guns

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Re: Canucks Young Guns

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Uncle dans leg wrote: Fri Jul 06, 2018 6:58 am
RoyalDude wrote: Fri Jul 06, 2018 6:56 am Ssssssshhhhhh

That’s what Madden said yesterday to all those angry at Jimbro Benning for not drafting Jack Wise.
Who was angry dude? Im thinking it was you...
Wander over to the draft day thread at Canucks HF

And Blob. Blob wanted Wise.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Ty Madden gonna be a pro, his frickin' dad is John Madden bro!
2003:
The man they call Mad Dog evolved from a Wolverine to a River Rat to a full-fledged Devil. By the time he established himself in the N.H.L., Devils center John Madden had earned his nickname with his efforts in college at Michigan and in the minors at Albany.

''He's always had that little chip on his shoulder -- 'I'll show you,''' said Ken Daneyko, a veteran Devils defenseman. Jay Pandolfo, one of Madden's linemates, says Madden has an edge to him that sometimes cuts as trash talk against opponents and officials.

Defenseman Colin White, Madden's closest friend on the team, said: ''He's determined. He wants to prove people wrong if they say he can't do it.''

https://www.nytimes.com/2003/04/28/spor ... f-run.html
But I think he'll be more of a scorer than his pops.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Thx corn. Getting pretty stoked for next year already lol.

I'm coming back to van this week and am wondering where the fuck to eat now. Any suggestions? I want to hit some dim sum maybe chinatown and if Gigis pizza on broadway is still there I'll snag one. I've been away for almost 20 years has it changed much lol?
If you need air...call it in
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Uncle dans leg wrote: Mon Jul 09, 2018 7:54 pm I want to hit some dim sum
http://www.pinkpearl.com/

Of course it was there 20 years ago as well.
____
Try to focus on someday.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Yaaaaa that was there. Is it still good?

On Lok was another i think just west of victoria and hastings. I think. Been awhile....

Gigis Pizza still good? Or there even? Or Trocaderos back in the hood
Carl Yagro
MVP
MVP

Post by Carl Yagro »

Uncle dans leg wrote: Mon Jul 09, 2018 7:54 pm Thx corn. Getting pretty stoked for next year already lol.

I'm coming back to van this week and am wondering where the fuck to eat now. Any suggestions? I want to hit some dim sum maybe chinatown and if Gigis pizza on broadway is still there I'll snag one. I've been away for almost 20 years has it changed much lol?
Dan, just my 2 cents for someone who's not visited Vancity in 20 years. Stay the fuck away from Chinatown.

First, it's no longer Chinatown. It's dead. With no real Chinese businesses (restaurants, shops, etc.). It's been gentrified and if you want to eat in over-priced, pretentious crap in hipster-run joints... then it's for you.

Second, remember that Gastown is situated on one side, Chinatown on the other... in between? Famous Skid Row. But because the government has no money to keep people in the psychiatric wards, guess where they are running around... without their Mëds? Hard-core druggies, the schizos... and the walking dead all running around yelling randomly and looking for your change. And brains. But you should be safe. Kidding!

Personally, I think Pink Pearl dim sum has been crap for years and it's not far enough away from the chaos I just described. When a dim sum place has more white people than yellow-face... yeah, sorry.

Unless you want to head out to Richmond (ie. Hongcouver) for real good and authentic dimsum and dodging really bad drivers, you might want to try these:

1. Pelican Restaurant (Not the On Lok you were thinking of, but on Hastings & Victoria. Close to Pink Pearl but far enough away from the war zone) - 1895 East Hastings St.

2. 1886 Parq Vancouver - http://www.parqvancouver.com/restaurants/1886-2/ (All you can eat. Weekends only & requires reservations. Really fancy, so they probably won't let you in. Also, you probably don't have $38.88 anyway... kidding :mrgreen: )

Gigi's on Broadway... OMG, that place is still there. The sign with the shooting flames. Still working. Exactly the same. I had my first slice of pizza in my entire life there... as a kid in the late 70's. Every time I walk by there, I smile and I think to myself, "What a fucking dump".

I don't know if the pizza is still good, if it was ever good, but I should go back there one day just to relive my childhood.

You're going to love Vancity 2018 edition. You're almost expected to fire up and smoke a doobie in public. If you can't smell the second-hand weed, you're doing Van wrong.

Oh yeah. You're welcome! ;) :lol:
The Best GD Canucks Hockey Talk Forum in the World... With Only 18 People!
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Holy fuck what a response! Thanks man. Oh dont worry about coin...i work in the oilsands and usually make out pretty well barely working 8 months a year. I love to rock the hippy doo and it definitely closes doors for me but good thing theyre the doors i want closed. I hate fake suits and conservative baloney

Chinatown was always shithole. I worked for a chinese owned electrical contractor all over there in the early 90s. I worked in cockroach infested boat people housing and in weird old chinese mens clubs with odd 1800s english colony names like diocesese club and chinese benevolent society. All thats gone? There used to be a pretty fair dim sum upstairs somewhere down there. I was usually the only round eye in them. Yummy yummy... chicken feet.

Gigis was always a damn good feed. Especially for stoners wanting to grease the burnout away. I think I'll hit that one too if its half as good as it was i bet its wicked. Remember i live on a farm in the middle of bumfuck alberta...we dont eat out its all garbage. Unless we go to edmonton or cowgrease i guess

So whats the deal with the weed stores? Everyone says theyre everywhere and i have to see this lol
Todd Bersnoozi
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Todd Bersnoozi »

Uncle dans leg wrote: Mon Jul 09, 2018 7:54 pm I'm coming back to van this week and am wondering where the fuck to eat now. Any suggestions? I want to hit some dim sum maybe chinatown and if Gigis pizza on broadway is still there I'll snag one. I've been away for almost 20 years has it changed much lol?
I was going to say Pink Pearl as well, but guess it's not up to Hank's standards. *hehe*

Happy Valley is pretty good for dim sum imo.

https://www.tripadvisor.ca/ShowUserRevi ... umbia.html

If you can get out to Richmond, I hear there are lots of good places for chinese/dim sum.

For pizza, there are tons all over the place, prob a couple in every busy retail street. Some of the big chains are pretty good (ie: Pizza Hut, Dominos, Boston Pizza). Boston Pizza is prob my fave for the big name ones (great place to watch a game too). For smaller, I'd suggest:

http://www.natspizza.com/

I think it's Ryan Reynold's fave pizza joint. If you go to the one in Kits, they have some Canuck memorabilia (stuff from Luongo/Linden years).

Sushi/Japanese and Pho noodles are pretty big in Van-city as well. I suggest you give em a try if you get a chance, tons of nice places to try.
nuckster
MVP
MVP

Post by nuckster »

^^^^
WTF, guys!? What's next, a step by step guide on where UDL should go to wash his shit stained underwear after eating too much fucking dim sum? Jeeesus

This fucking thread is called 'Canucks Young Guns', i don't know for sure, but im kinda thinking that that is the topic that posters are anticipating reading about when they take the time to come here. I know its off season, but mods, really? Maybe take the vacation/restaurant guide to another thread like the 'bar and grill'?
cc oldtimer
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

There are many aspects of the upcoming season I am looking forward to watching.
Sure, I want to see the new recruits but for me, I want to see Boeser absolutely light it up and potentially put up 80+++points.

By the way, Dan. If you want to really light into something basic that you had forgotten how good it could be;
Try Five Guys, in South Surrey or down town Van.
"evolution"
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

nuckster wrote: Tue Jul 10, 2018 3:43 am ^^^^
WTF, guys!? What's next, a step by step guide on where UDL should go to wash his shit stained underwear after eating too much fucking dim sum? Jeeesus

This fucking thread is called 'Canucks Young Guns', i don't know for sure, but im kinda thinking that that is the topic that posters are anticipating reading about when they take the time to come here. I know its off season, but mods, really? Maybe take the vacation/restaurant guide to another thread like the 'bar and grill'?
You are absolutely right.... now lighten up
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
nuckster
MVP
MVP

Post by nuckster »

rats19 wrote: Tue Jul 10, 2018 6:11 am
nuckster wrote: Tue Jul 10, 2018 3:43 am ^^^^

You are absolutely right.... now lighten up
Yeah, now you're absolutely right. Didn't sleep last night at all... am really off. Can't even work today. Please disregard the tone of my previous post.
cc oldtimer
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Thread derailer is my middle name...but in fairness...it IS summer and its not like there's fuck all to talk about as far as current events so where to wash out my shitty ginch can maybe get squeezed in no?

No YOU take care lol
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

nuckster wrote: Tue Jul 10, 2018 6:44 am
Yeah, now you're absolutely right. Didn't sleep last night at all... am really off. Can't even work today. Please disregard the tone of my previous post.
All good man. Mid grade indica for sleep buddy. You'll need an alarm to wake after 10 hours guaranteed