2020 NHL Draft

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Re: 2020 NHL Draft

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Regardless, the Devils may not complain since they have acquired a lot of picks and prospects of late
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Depending on if or where they pick, Helge Grans might be an interesting pick in the mid first round.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP

Post by Madcombinepilot »

Micky wrote: Sun Mar 22, 2020 10:00 am It cannot be ranked as it stands because not all teams played the same amount of games.
Unless everyone is good with a computer simulation of how it would have finished.
LMAO

Like that has ANY chance of EVERY happening!!
The 'Chain of Command' is the chain I am going to beat you with until you understand I am in charge.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Madcombinepilot wrote: Sun Mar 22, 2020 12:28 pm
Micky wrote: Sun Mar 22, 2020 10:00 am It cannot be ranked as it stands because not all teams played the same amount of games.
Unless everyone is good with a computer simulation of how it would have finished.
LMAO

Yeah, Micky should probably just stick to linking in the Micky Link thread, social distancing and all that rot eh wot? :drink:
____
Try to focus on someday.
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Strangelove wrote: Sun Mar 22, 2020 1:46 pm
Madcombinepilot wrote: Sun Mar 22, 2020 12:28 pm
LMAO

Yeah, Micky should probably just stick to linking in the Micky Link thread, social distancing and all that rot eh wot? :drink:
computer sim was a joke, duh.

You should probably start a thread for yourself.

The Strangelove self proclaimed king of the world thread. I'd have a ton of links for that. Endless entertainment to be sure.
"evolution"
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Micky wrote: Sun Mar 22, 2020 3:29 pm computer sim was a joke, duh.
Well no offense, but it's hard to tell with you because of all the "duh" things you seriously suggest.

Like yesterday's "Maybe they'll just choose a team to award the Cup to without any Stanley Cup Playoffs". :lol:
____
Try to focus on someday.
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

For draft purposes Mick they can use winning % and any tie breakers they need. They will have a reasonable way to get a reasonable draft order. That won't be a problem. Awarding a Cup, not gonna happen, without some type of playoffs.
The only HW the Canucks need
Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP

Post by Madcombinepilot »

Strangelove wrote: Sun Mar 22, 2020 3:59 pm
Micky wrote: Sun Mar 22, 2020 3:29 pm computer sim was a joke, duh.
Well no offense, but it's hard to tell with you because of all the "duh" things you seriously suggest.

Like yesterday's "Maybe they'll just choose a team to award the Cup to without any Stanley Cup Playoffs". :lol:
+1
The 'Chain of Command' is the chain I am going to beat you with until you understand I am in charge.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Heres one for ya Mick-

*takes a giant toke*

What if the players all play themselves on a ps4 NHL 3vs3 tournament to determine playoff seeding then play out the playoffs the same way for the Cup.

Ya man....could happen

*hits on the roach like it owes me some ass*
If you need air...call it in
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Lets say the season is cancelled & we keep the 2020 1st, sheesh imagine getting 2nd overall, finally getting some luck.

http://www.mynhldraft.com/2020-nhl-draf ... on-Byfield

Byfield got the big bod & skills of a Malkin they say.

Petey
Byfield

for the next 15+ years, yes please.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

With the Olympics being postponed today I doubt we see the NHL finish the season. Of course Trump wants to get back to normal once his 15 day social distancing is up so who knows. Wants to do a UK thing and isolate vulnerable populations and let the rest of society get back to it. So maybe.....
The only HW the Canucks need
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

The NHL has postponed the draft and the NHL awards ceremony.

They still hope to be able to finish the season at some point, and both the draft and the awards show must then take place after the end of the season, which could be mid-summer. :|

https://www.nhl.com/news/nhl-draft-awar ... -316290794
Whatever you do, always give 100 %!
Except when donating blood.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Vancouver’s Conor Bedard becomes the first CHL to be granted Exceptional Status in the WHL. Pretty nice looking player. Canada seemingly is having a resurgence of developing elite forwards of late - Lafrenierre, Byfield, Wright, Savoie, Bedard. Although the 2021 class is looking pretty bad. Kind of hoping the Canucks get the 2020 first round pick and the Devils get awarded the 2021
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Will Connor Bedard be B.C.’s greatest hockey player? This province Gretzky, Lemieux, Crosby, Howe, Orr?

What says you, BC hockey player loving fan - Doyle Hargraves?

Who of these 3 Canadians do you think will be the best? Bedard, Wright or Lafrenierre? My order as follows

1. Bedard
2. Wright
3. Lafrenierre
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Ottawa ends up with two of Drysdale, Byfield, Stutzle, Rossi, Raymond with a decent chance at grabbing Lafreniere. They will have a good squad moving forward.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”