2020/2021 Cap compliance

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Lancer
CC Legend

Re: 2020/2021 Cap compliance

Post by Lancer »

Micky wrote: Sun Mar 22, 2020 10:24 am The idea of trading a young asset like Boeser because the desire to sign Toffli is strong right now seems iffy. We saw a sample size of under
a month from a decent player needing the biggest possible contract he can get. His "big money", UFA one.
Boeser is 23. Toffoli will be 28 in August. I would like to see him sign here too but I have no clue what his play will be like when he's in his 30s.
If Toffoli wants to cash in for a big payday and some fool gives it to him, then at least Benning has Boeser in his top 6. I would be surprised if Benning hasn’t internally set a price point on Toffoli, beyond which he will let him walk no matter the optics.

If Toffoli signs in Vancouver to a contract within Benning’s range, that gives Benning options with not just Boeser. Depends on how he and Green want the forward line composition to look like moving forward and what opportunities they have to plug gaps on D.

The logjam at forward won’t materialize until the 21-22 season at the earliest, and maybe Seattle does Benning a favour by taking one of his older forwards in the meantime.
Love the Sport. Love the Team.

Hate the League.
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Strangelove wrote: Sun Mar 22, 2020 1:27 pm
Not only will you tolerate it, you will learn to love it!! :twisted:
When bulls grow tits. ;)
"evolution"
ESQ
MVP
MVP

Post by ESQ »

I still see a lot of tape on Brock's wrist, over two years since it was initially injured in his rookie year. Before that he was looking like a 50-goal scorer, hopefully this extra time off let's him finally get the wrist fully rehabbed (since surgery won't be happening any time soon).
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

ESQ wrote: Sun Mar 22, 2020 5:47 pm I still see a lot of tape on Brock's wrist, over two years since it was initially injured in his rookie year.
Actually -he injured it in his last college year. Has it ever completely healed? Will it? I think this past season he was dealing with something different like his ribs. Just a hunch, but we haven't seen a fully healthy Boeser yet.
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP

Post by Madcombinepilot »

Instead of trading Beagle, I would be more concerned with trading Buttersoft Baertschi
The 'Chain of Command' is the chain I am going to beat you with until you understand I am in charge.
Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP

Instead of trading Beagle, I would be more concerned with trading Buttersoft Baertschi
The 'Chain of Command' is the chain I am going to beat you with until you understand I am in charge.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Madcombinepilot wrote: Sun Mar 22, 2020 7:41 pm Instead of trading Beagle, I would be more concerned with trading Buttersoft Baertschi
Trade him too. But the buyout candidates are obvious.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

New Butterscotch Baertchi from Baskin and Robbins
If you need air...call it in
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

With one year left on Baertschi’s contract why the desperation?

Eriksson and Beagle top my list
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 7:26 am With one year left on Baertschi’s contract why the desperation?

Eriksson absolutely but Beagle is still an effective part of the team. I dont get all the shade thrown on the guy. He didnt come to score goals
If you need air...call it in
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

The Brown Wizard wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 8:44 am
Chef Boi RD wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 7:26 am With one year left on Baertschi’s contract why the desperation?

Eriksson absolutely but Beagle is still an effective part of the team. I dont get all the shade thrown on the guy. He didnt come to score goals
Beagle and goals are as one with each other as Micky and roofs. His hockey stick is all thumbs. But he’s lunchbucket! Blue collar! Beags (Greeners guy) is a genius at trapping pucks along the boards with his skates in the offensive zone.

The great offensive juggernaut, former Canuck Denis Pederson had more offence in his arsenal than Greeners Beags
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 8:52 am
The Brown Wizard wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 8:44 am

Beagle and goals are as one with each other as Micky and roofs. His hockey stick is all thumbs. But he’s lunchbucket! Blue collar! Beags (Greeners guy) is a genius at trapping pucks along the boards with his skates in the offensive zone.

The great offensive juggernaut, former Canuck Denis Pederson had more offence in his arsenal than Greeners Beags
Sutter only has one more year left and he's been a better player than Beagle this year. Definitely Eriksson and the 8 point minus 9 Beagle.
As sure as the smell of alcohol on Chefs breath 24 hours a day, this would be the prudent maneuver if these buyouts become a reality.
"evolution"
ESQ
MVP
MVP

Post by ESQ »

Good points Chef. The main reason I say to buy out Sutter over Beagle is Sutter is a higher cap hit for half the games.

No matter what happens to the cap his year, $3 mil for A PKing defensive center for another two years doesn't concern me. An extra $1.4 mil from Sutter could be most of the raise needed for Toffoli.
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Beagle is the type of player you need to have a good playoff run.
The only HW the Canucks need
Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP

Agreed.

Get rid of Loui and buttercheeze and we are fine for Cap space.