GDT: 03/08/20; Blue Jackets vs Canucks>7:00PM>SNETP

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

Megaterio Llamas
MVP
MVP

Re: GDT: 03/08/20; Blue Jackets vs Canucks>7:00PM>SNETP

Post by Megaterio Llamas »

Man. Did that ever suck.
el rey del mambo
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Cornuck wrote: Sun Mar 08, 2020 9:06 pm Petey was NOT going to be denied!
Except for on every other shift where nobody could even tell he was on the ice.....
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Megaterio Llamas wrote: Sun Mar 08, 2020 9:29 pm Man. Did that ever suck.
Yep.

Every loss, as much as I hate it because I want to see them win, just reaffirms my prediction that we would fall from 9 points above the playoff bar right out of a playoff spot and miss the dance entirely.

I think I wouldn't mind it as much if the losses were because we were losing to teams that are above our weight class. But we aren't. We are losing because of poor coaching and poor efforts.
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Peter Laviolette is notorious for having quick starts with his new teams.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Cherry Picker
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Cherry Picker »

It was like watching a whole team of Erikssons out there. Didn’t know there was an Eriksson virus that sucks the heart out of the whole team. The coach has them all thinking about little things. Maybe once in a while think about big things like winning the fucking game!
We are all Snidely Whiplash.
Megaterio Llamas
MVP
MVP

I'm looking forward to Greener's post game presser as always.

They never fail to inspire.
el rey del mambo
Megaterio Llamas
MVP
MVP

Martine just said Travis no showed.
el rey del mambo
Megaterio Llamas
MVP
MVP

el rey del mambo
Cherry Picker
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Cherry Picker »

I think Green and Bauer have lost the room. If I were Benning I’d make a move today. There is no hope of the playoffs the way this is going.
We are all Snidely Whiplash.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

My eyes see the canucks avoid finishing checks and it allows teams to always have that extra man back or available.

You have to finish on every battle just to disrupt a teams d zone coverage and their breakout. Same goes for the ozone forecheck. Disrupt through contact and recover more loose pucks through the ensuing chaos

Ya man. Thats it
If you need air...call it in
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Miller just made the wrong decisions all night. Not used to seeing that. Feeling pressure i guess. Could have just shot a couple of times but
passed instead.
Really doesn't matter. The team didn't come out of the gate with authority. Not ready for pressure games when it's on the line.
Green has to take some responsibility for that. So do the team leaders.
Pettersson has got to stop trying to draw penalties. Somebody on the team must be telling him this. Actually, the team in general is doing
it too much.
Not going to blame Demko for anything.
"evolution"
Megaterio Llamas
MVP
MVP

Green has seemed like a beaten, defeated man these past two weeks. It's excruciating to watch; he's like a dead man walking. Frank and Jimmy need to have a sit down imo.
el rey del mambo
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Cherry Picker wrote: Sun Mar 08, 2020 10:01 pm I think Green and Bauer have lost the room. If I were Benning I’d make a move today. There is no hope of the playoffs the way this is going.
I'd have to agree with you. I actually don't think he ever had it. The talk about new ways to coach, it's a new league, new culture, no more man-up and walk in and rip a guy a new one for not doing his job.....instead coddle them and hand-hold. Nah. That shit works for some rookies who are first coming into the league and you don't want to traumatize them and hinder development, but beyond that it makes for exactly what we see out there.....soft play, lazy efforts, not finishing checks, trying to be too cute rather than just pulling the trigger, pffft.....

I mean, we have a captain who endorsed the firing of Don Cherry because he said something that people decided to misinterpret and get offended by.

Pussies.

I have difficulty believing that our GM is a guy who helped build the big bad Boston team that gives no quarter and takes no prisoners.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Mëds wrote: Sun Mar 08, 2020 10:12 pm
Cherry Picker wrote: Sun Mar 08, 2020 10:01 pm I think Green and Bauer have lost the room. If I were Benning I’d make a move today. There is no hope of the playoffs the way this is going.
I'd have to agree with you. I actually don't think he ever had it. The talk about new ways to coach, it's a new league, new culture, no more man-up and walk in and rip a guy a new one for not doing his job.....instead coddle them and hand-hold. Nah. That shit works for some rookies who are first coming into the league and you don't want to traumatize them and hinder development, but beyond that it makes for exactly what we see out there.....soft play, lazy efforts, not finishing checks, trying to be too cute rather than just pulling the trigger, pffft.....

I mean, we have a captain who endorsed the firing of Don Cherry because he said something that people decided to misinterpret and get offended by.

Pussies.

I have difficulty believing that our GM is a guy who helped build the big bad Boston team that gives no quarter and takes no prisoners.
Mëds is on a ripper tonight!

Fuckin eh man. Its time to do something. 50 fuckin years and counting. Enough
If you need air...call it in
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

The Brown Wizard wrote: Sun Mar 08, 2020 10:15 pm
Mëds wrote: Sun Mar 08, 2020 10:12 pm

Pussies.

Mëds is on a ripper tonight!

Fuckin eh man. Its time to do something. 50 fuckin years and counting. Enough
This. The losses don't ruin my day like they used to when I was younger. But it's still a pisser to watch millionaires get to mail it in with minimal consequence year after year, and see a revolving door of players who don't seem to give a shit and coaches who just stand there with a stick up their arses and make emotionless excuses after the game.

I liked Torts. Lol.