Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Re: Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Post by Island Nucklehead »

Now it looks like "no decision has been made".

It's really nice all the dysfunction is happening in other (San Jose, Toronto) organizations these days.

As for Thornton, at what point does the guy just shut his fucking mouth? Like really, calling out the GM, and now the coach... what exactly has Joe Thornton accomplished for the San Jose Sharks that allows him to be the big mouthpiece? Maybe if he played with the same intensity that he spews in interviews they would be a playoff team.
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Hockey Widow wrote:I'm not sure why Wilson keeps his job. He seems to do just enough to convince everyone that someone else needs to go.
I can see him getting the Kevin Lowe "promotion" pretty quick.

Speaking of Kevin Lowe, is there a higher position they can "promote" him to? I think MacT could really use a bump. How sad must it be for Oilers fans to watch Boston axe their GM only 4 years removed from a Stanley Cup, 2 seasons from a Finals appearance, and 1 season from a Presidents trophy... while the Oil management team continues to "develop" young talent.
BurningBeard
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by BurningBeard »

Island Nucklehead wrote:I think MacT could really use a bump.
Said nobody, ever.
Every time I look out my window, same three dogs looking back at me.
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

BurningBeard wrote:
Island Nucklehead wrote:I think MacT could really use a bump.
Said nobody, ever.
Better for driving than the sauce.
Hockey Widow
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Hockey Widow »

Berube fired.

Julien could be next as rumour has it Neely wanted him gone earlier in the year and Chiarelli said no.

Leaves ask for and get permission to speak to Burke as new GM. Sean Burke that is.
The only HW the Canucks need
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Hockey Widow wrote:Berube fired.

Julien could be next as rumour has it Neely wanted him gone earlier in the year and Chiarelli said no.

Leaves ask for and get permission to speak to Burke as new GM. Sean Burke that is.
I saw an article last week pointing out that leaves will be looking for a no-name Shanny the media whore lackey as GM.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Aaronp18
MVP
MVP

Post by Aaronp18 »

Topper wrote: I saw an article last week pointing out that leaves will be looking for a no-name Shanny the media whore lackey as GM.
Seems like a more appropriate role for Backup Bob.
damonberryman
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by damonberryman »

Rumsfeld wrote:It's gonna be interesting to see where Ovechkin finishes in goals for his career. Another guy who missed a year and a half to the lockouts as well.

He takes so much flack from fans but he is quite simply one of the VERY greatest goal scorers in NHL history.
You are right!! When you are right, like right here on this thread you are really fucking right. Of course that leads one to consider what it is like to see you wrong but whatever, it ain't here kemo sabe. YOU BE RIGHT!!!!!!
RIGHT RIGHT RIGHT. GOOD ON YA!
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

So you think your schooling's phoney
I guess it's hard not to agree
You say it all depends on money
And who is in your family tree
Right, you're bloody well right
you know you got a right to say
Right, you're bloody well right
you know you got a right to say
Ha-ha you're bloody well right
you know you're right to say
Yeah-yeah you're bloody well right
you know you're right to say
Me, I don't care anyway!
Write your problems down in detail
Take them to a higher place
You've had your cry - no, I should say wail
In the meantime hush your face
Right, quite right, you're bloody well right...
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
Rumsfeld
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Rumsfeld »

Chairman of the Jim Benning Appreciation Society
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Stoll Following in Richards' footsteps
Los Angeles Kings centre Jarret Stoll was arrested Friday for suspected cocaine possession at the MGM Grand Hotel's Wet Republic pool complex.
Must've been having a real good time to be a millionaire pulled out of that joint for doing some blow...
Hockey Widow
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Hockey Widow »

Island Nucklehead wrote:Stoll Following in Richards' footsteps
Los Angeles Kings centre Jarret Stoll was arrested Friday for suspected cocaine possession at the MGM Grand Hotel's Wet Republic pool complex.
Must've been having a real good time to be a millionaire pulled out of that joint for doing some blow...

A bunch of self entitled wife beating party boys! They may get out of cap hell if a few more of their players get arrested, like Brown. So if Stoll is convicted does that mean NHL discipline under their drug abuse program? He's UFA isn't he? This could end his career at his age.
The only HW the Canucks need
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Hockey Widow wrote:
Island Nucklehead wrote:Stoll Following in Richards' footsteps

A bunch of self entitled wife beating party boys! They may get out of cap hell if a few more of their players get arrested, like Brown. So if Stoll is convicted does that mean NHL discipline under their drug abuse program? He's UFA isn't he? This could end his career at his age.

He's a rich, white, semi-famous dude. It won't even get to trial. He'll plead it out and do some community service and maybe pay a fine. I'm just amazed you can get busted for blow in Vegas. Like really, what was he doing, lines off a strippers ass outside his poolside cabana at 11am? It's called Sin City for a reason, and I'm sure he could afford a real nice (and private) suite to take care of business.
damonberryman
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by damonberryman »

I got nothing against anyone doing a bit of blow when out partying. Just don't shoot is because it gets nuts and messy. Smoking it is for pussies. i have done both and iv is like ten minutes of paradise compared to rock with its promise but no reward. Anyway I am too done with all that shit and have been for may moons. Last time I got serious about drugs it took me two years to get back on my feet. i don't bounce back anymore. I splat and lie there making small mewling sounds. No dignity at all.
BurningBeard
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by BurningBeard »

Every time I look out my window, same three dogs looking back at me.