Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Re: Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Fri Mar 06, 2020 6:33 am
The Brown Wizard wrote: Thu Mar 05, 2020 10:13 pm The worry is the 30-50 year olds in apparently good health that contract it and die. That and the bizarre 27 day incubation period with hardly any symptoms.

This has to be a manufactured bio-weapon...the felching of bat anuses was a red herring
Relax it’s the 70 year olds and 80 year olds who are dropping like flies from the virus or those with pre existing health issues
How’s your impetigo?
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Fri Mar 06, 2020 6:36 am If China doesn’t start cleaning up their act for their disgustingly poorly regulated wet markets/live animal markets I’m not opposed to sending a few nukes there for the simple fact of being the worlds incubator of all flu viruses.

Reefer, your thoughts
No worries from me, I prefer Japanese.

But there is some truth to your comments, did not the last major outbreak come from China. The issue is not just that the living conditions and methods of sterilizing where you prepare foods in China can be low it is how they deal with issues when they arise. As they are a dictatorship they try to minimize the impact so their country does not look bad. Look at the WHO doing their damn best not to upset China, Iran doing the same thing.

There needs to be a new level of control with flights no longer accepted to and from certain countries.
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

Reefer2 wrote: Fri Mar 06, 2020 8:07 am
Chef Boi RD wrote: Fri Mar 06, 2020 6:36 am If China doesn’t start cleaning up their act for their disgustingly poorly regulated wet markets/live animal markets I’m not opposed to sending a few nukes there for the simple fact of being the worlds incubator of all flu viruses.

Reefer, your thoughts
No worries from me, I prefer Japanese.

But there is some truth to your comments, did not the last major outbreak come from China. The issue is not just that the living conditions and methods of sterilizing where you prepare foods in China can be low it is how they deal with issues when they arise. As they are a dictatorship they try to minimize the impact so their country does not look bad. Look at the WHO doing their damn best not to upset China, Iran doing the same thing.

There needs to be a new level of control with flights no longer accepted to and from certain countries.
All major flu outbreaks come from Asia, normally China.
In part it is because 4 billion of the 7 billion people there are live in Asia. China and India alone combine for 3 billion.
This means even if flu outbreaks were evenly distributed throughout the world, which they are not, most would come from Asia.

In part it is because in the Chinese countryside pigs ducks and people live in close quarters.
This means the swine flu, bird flu and human flu viruses interact and influence eachother, and every now and then there is even a strain that jumps species. This time is slightly different, they blame the animal markets, and yeah, I’ve been to one. They’re insane. All kinds of animals - chickens, ducks, frogs, turtles, dogs, cats, racoons, monkeys, snakes, scorpions, rodents, pangolins, anything you can think of, in cages stacked on top of eachother, and then they’re slaughtered and cut into pieces right there, on a table where they also keep live animals... It’s insane. My wife couldn’t eat meat for several weeks after seeing it. I was shocked too, but hey - meat tastes good. :look:
Last edited by Per on Fri Mar 06, 2020 12:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Whatever you do, always give 100 %!
Except when donating blood.
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

^as long as it's cooked thoroughly. lol ew had to read that at lunch time.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
JelloPuddingPop
MVP
MVP

Post by JelloPuddingPop »

Per wrote: Fri Mar 06, 2020 12:19 pm

In part it is because 4 billion of the 7 billion people there are live in Asia. China and India alone combine for 3 billion.
This means even if flu outbreaks were evenly distributed throughout the world, which they are not, most would come from Asia.

In part it is because in the Chinese countryside pigs ducks and people live in close quarters.
This means the swine flu, bird flu and human flu viruses interact and influence eachother, and every now and then there is even a strain that jumps species. This time is slightly different, they blame the animal markets, and yeah, I’ve been to one. They’re insane. All kinds of animals - chickens, ducks, frogs, turtles, dogs, cats, racoons, monkeys, snakes, scorpions, rodents, pangolins, anything you can think of, in cages stacked on top of eachother, and then they’re slaughtered and cut into pieces right there, on a table where they also keep live animals... It’s insane. My wife couldn’t eat meat for several weeks after seeing it. I was shocked too, but hey - meat tastes good. :look:
WTF is a pangolin??
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

JelloPuddingPop wrote: Fri Mar 06, 2020 2:09 pm

WTF is a pangolin??

https://www.bing.com/search?q=pangolin+ ... =QBLH&sp=2
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

What is a pig duck?
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
JelloPuddingPop
MVP
MVP

Post by JelloPuddingPop »

rats19 wrote: Fri Mar 06, 2020 2:35 pm

WTF is a pangolin??

Who uses Bing? LOL
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

JelloPuddingPop wrote: Fri Mar 06, 2020 3:15 pm
rats19 wrote: Fri Mar 06, 2020 2:35 pm

WTF is a pangolin??

Who uses Bing? LOL
Or DuckDuckGo I don’t trust google

And.... you’re welcome
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Why cant they just stick to s&s pork and chow mein like the rest of us. Whats with the animals cocks and anus's anyway?
If you need air...call it in
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Per wrote: Fri Mar 06, 2020 6:16 am Death rate is at roughly 2%, a "normal" flu is usually 0.2-1.0%, so yes, it is somewhat deadlier
W.H.O. says the Coronavirus death rate is 3.4% and the seasonal flu death rate is 0.1%

https://www.sciencealert.com/covid-19-s ... hould-drop

So yeah, not "somewhat deadlier"... 34 times deadlier! :wow:

But the worst part is... it's "spreading like the plague". :drink:

Highly contagious.

These numbers/rates are subject to change as the virus mutates of course.

This may/may-not be the bug that kills millions/billions, but said bug will be along eventually...
____
Try to focus on someday.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

5thhorseman wrote: Thu Mar 05, 2020 11:09 pm
Strangelove wrote: Thu Mar 05, 2020 7:11 pm True, but you don't have to have sex to contract Coronavirus.

Therefore the number of people infected is growing exponentially.

(at a rate that dwarfs that of HIV)

It's not the media that advised cancelling this game...
Isn't this mentioned in the the Book of Revelations?
I'm a little rusty on Revelations but yes, I believe so.

I believe in Revelations the Pestilence prophecy was represented by "The Fifth Horseman". Wait... :shock:
____
Try to focus on someday.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Fuck you guys are doomed. Ive been eating ass for years...building up a solid immune system, all the while getting my jollies enjoying what i love

Dive on in from the back face first reef, she'll love it...youre welcome
If you need air...call it in
Lancer
CC Legend

Post by Lancer »

Let’s not forget that there is a PLA biological/genetic research facility near Wuhan, where the outbreak began. Is there enough evidence at this time to connect it to the outbreak at this time? Not yet, but where there’s smoke... It’s public record via the CCP’s version of their defence white paper that genetic and bio-warfare research is a priority of theirs. Did something escape the lab, perhaps??
Love the Sport. Love the Team.

Hate the League.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

This is where your conspiracy theory comes to a screaming halt, Lancer
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau