OOTS; 2019-2020

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Re: OOTS; 2019-2020

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Per wrote: Tue Mar 03, 2020 1:57 pm
The Brown Wizard wrote: Tue Mar 03, 2020 6:36 am
Doyle Hargraves wrote: Tue Mar 03, 2020 6:30 am Neither would the owners or 99.9% of sponsors, fans etc. It’s an adorable idea however! :)
Is Per is trying to forward his communist agenda again?
Actually, it is the current NHL setup that reeks of communism - those who fail should get the most.
I want a meritocracy; reward those who excel, punish those who underperform. :drink:
NHL franchises are worth hundreds of millions of dollars....some even approach a billion dollars.

How much is an SHL team worth?
If you need air...call it in
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

Or how about this then, to appease the parity parrots; the four teams ending in last place of their respective divisions plus the president’s trophy winner all get one lottery ticket. Straight draw. They all have a 20% chance to pick first. And these five teams get the first five picks. The rest pick in straight reverse order. That way you still reward the losers, but the president’s trophy winner is guaranteed a top five pick. Happy now?
Whatever you do, always give 100 %!
Except when donating blood.
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

The Brown Wizard wrote: Tue Mar 03, 2020 2:01 pm
Per wrote: Tue Mar 03, 2020 1:57 pm
The Brown Wizard wrote: Tue Mar 03, 2020 6:36 am
Doyle Hargraves wrote: Tue Mar 03, 2020 6:30 am Neither would the owners or 99.9% of sponsors, fans etc. It’s an adorable idea however! :)
Is Per is trying to forward his communist agenda again?
Actually, it is the current NHL setup that reeks of communism - those who fail should get the most.
I want a meritocracy; reward those who excel, punish those who underperform. :drink:
NHL franchises are worth hundreds of millions of dollars....some even approach a billion dollars.

How much is an SHL team worth?
Not sure. You can’t sell them. You can’t own them. A team is an organisation made up by its members. Anyone can join by paying the member fee. All members have the right to vote at the annual meeting that elects the board. The board is then responsible for hiring coaches, players, staff, et cetera. But board members are usually elected for a number of years, so not every spot on the board is up for election at every annual meeting. The members can of course vote to remove a board member prematurely if there is cause for this, but the specifics on that will vary based on the statutes of each individual team.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

That sounds suspiciously like communism in action Per :lol:
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

The Brown Wizard wrote: Tue Mar 03, 2020 2:27 pm That sounds suspiciously like communism in action Per :lol:
And what is it when the NHL takes money from the richest clubs and hands it over the worst mis-managed clubs? Or when the NHL limits how much a team can spend? Or when the goal of the NHL is parity (everyone is equal) across the league?

At least when an SHL team under-performs, they get shot demoted and the rich teams don't have to bail out a losing club.

Wiz - you've been reading too many Doc McCarthy's posts in the election thread. ;)
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Cornuck wrote: Tue Mar 03, 2020 2:36 pm
The Brown Wizard wrote: Tue Mar 03, 2020 2:27 pm That sounds suspiciously like communism in action Per :lol:
And what is it when the NHL takes money from the richest clubs and hands it over the worst mis-managed clubs? Or when the NHL limits how much a team can spend? Or when the goal of the NHL is parity (everyone is equal) across the league?

At least when an SHL team under-performs, they get shot demoted and the rich teams don't have to bail out a losing club.

Wiz - you've been reading too many Doc McCarthy's posts in the election thread. ;)
I just accepted a position out in Abbotsford and will be looking for a place to live there so...us bible-belters need to stick together.

Trump isnt so bad now...

Oh and that is nothing more than supportive capitalism Corn. Nothing whatsoever to do with the pinko commies and their league of shadows
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

The Brown Wizard wrote: Tue Mar 03, 2020 2:45 pm I just accepted a position out in Abbotsford and will be looking for a place to live there so...us bible-belters need to stick together.

Trump isnt so bad now...

Oh and that is nothing more than supportive capitalism Corn. Nothing whatsoever to do with the pinko commies and their league of shadows
First it was Topper - the "Punk Conservative" - and now we got the "Stoner Conservative".... where will end???
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Cornuck wrote: Tue Mar 03, 2020 4:43 pm
The Brown Wizard wrote: Tue Mar 03, 2020 2:45 pm I just accepted a position out in Abbotsford and will be looking for a place to live there so...us bible-belters need to stick together.

Trump isnt so bad now...

First it was Topper - the "Punk Conservative" - and now we got the "Stoner Conservative".... where will end???
The hippies and Indians terker jerbs man.

Its an outrage!
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

The Brown Wizard wrote: Tue Mar 03, 2020 4:45 pm

Trump isnt so bad now...

Its an outrage!
You got me der, wiz - I don't know whether to laugh or face palm! :D
Carl Yagro
MVP
MVP

Post by Carl Yagro »

Cornuck wrote: Tue Mar 03, 2020 5:08 pm
The Brown Wizard wrote: Tue Mar 03, 2020 4:45 pm

Trump isnt so bad now...

Its an outrage!
You got me der, wiz - I don't know whether to laugh or face palm! :D
Oh man, The Red(neck) Wizard :lol:

Hippies? Don't he mean them "immgants"?
The Best GD Canucks Hockey Talk Forum in the World... With Only 18 People!
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Conciencious objectors, not hippies.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

Actually sounds a lot more like democracy, imho.

I mean, think about it. If you had the same system, you could all go to the annual meeting and replace the entire management through a show of hands instead of just whining about them on a goddamned hockey bulletin board..... :lol:

And it happens. It is not uncommon that disgruntled supporters stage coupes at the annual meetings of Swedish teams.
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

Z-i-b-a-n-e-j-a-d!

Happy to have him on my CornerPool team! :thumbs:

38 goals so far this season, despite having missed 12 games due to concussion.....
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

He’s turning into quite the player. The Senators are idiots, but Doyle loves there Tank.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

YUP, THAT JUST HAPPENED!
____
Try to focus on someday.