GDT: Dogs @ Killer Whales: 7:30 - March 4 SNP

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

Megaterio Llamas
MVP
MVP

Re: GDT: Dogs @ Killer Whales: 7:30 - March 4 SNP

Post by Megaterio Llamas »

Green "we've played three good games in a row"
el rey del mambo
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

Megaterio Llamas wrote: Wed Mar 04, 2020 10:34 pm Green "we've played three good games in a row"
He didn’t say that did he?
Megaterio Llamas
MVP
MVP

el rey del mambo
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

03:19- 3rd PPG:- Tyler Toffoli (23) Wrist Shot,- assists: J.T. Miller (43),- Quinn Hughes (44) --- https://streamable.com/l3k36#

06:16- 3rd Tanner Pearson (20) Wrist Shot,- assists: Jake Virtanen (18) --- https://streamable.com/pjkem#

High stick --no call on Miller --- https://streamable.com/pwa05

Glove save on Jake --- https://streamable.com/2k3jf# and then the post --- https://streamable.com/gknh9#

Petey--- but he didn't say it --- https://streamable.com/r77z5# WTF
"evolution"
CrzyCanuck
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by CrzyCanuck »

Megaterio Llamas wrote: Wed Mar 04, 2020 10:47 pm Travis Green post game:

https://twitter.com/i/broadcasts/1nAKEdwjDAnxL
"This game will sting for awhile" mmm we've heard that 4 times in a row now

"all you can do is get ready to play the next game" mmmmm and you haven't gotten the guys ready every single game

"we played 3 good hockey games in a row" which 3?
Hockey is Life, Nothing Else Matters
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Post-game; Green--Jake Vitanen--Pearson

https://www.nhl.com/canucks/video/postg ... /c-5330797
"evolution"
Megaterio Llamas
MVP
MVP

You hear Green's voice, he's practically hyperventilating from the pressure.

I'd hate to be in those shoes.
el rey del mambo
Todd Bersnoozi
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Todd Bersnoozi »

Tuff lost tonite, but I thought we played a good game and battled hard to get the try to get the W. Their goalie was rock solid and we had some bad bounces.

Few things to like from the game:
- I thought Shotgun looked great with BoHo-Pearse. Might have been our best line tonite. Virts prob could have got a couple goals, but didn't get the bounces. Glad Greener finally stopped putting Eriksson there.
- Nice to see Benn come in and play a steady defensive game on the right side. He at his best when u don't notice him, just doing the little things to keep the puck out.
- Nice to see Demko come back with a solid game after a couple of so-so starts. The first goal was just a total fluke, can't really fault him on the others.

Won't get any easier with the Avs up next. Hopefully our guys find something to bring their game up another notch.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Mëds wrote: Wed Mar 04, 2020 10:03 pm
Chef Boi RD wrote: Wed Mar 04, 2020 9:55 pm Something tells me old man Aqualini will be none too pleased if we don’t make the playoffs. He’s a results man.
And he should be. The team should not have collapsed the way they have. Like Doyle said, they were 9 points clear of the bar a month ago.

I don't actually think this is on Elmer, but there are a few passengers of late that are Benning players.

Of note, Stecher, Beagle, Roussel, and Sutter.....no need to even mention the Air Thief.

Classically GM's aren't supposed to meddle with the coaching decisions.....but the way Green has handled his roster this year is ridiculous.

Not sure how that wasn't a tripping penalty when Bo got submarine'd on that move to the net.
Lol Elmer built the roster. It’s definitely on him as well as Green.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

I'm sure I've seen and heard a thousand interviews throughout the years and I'm listening to Green trying to play everything down but he can't.
Trying to be cool, calm, just a few unlucky circumstances....how many times did he adjust his tie. Getting a little tight?
He is so faking everything. Did allude to discussion with other coach / coaches.

Most NHL coaches by this time are blasting away at the players---WE GOTTA BE BETTER--- or bitching at the officiating, or something.
Nope, not Travis.

I don't know who it is but some guy from the back always asks, "any update on Ferland?' That pisses him off a bit. Other than that. it's;
Well just unlucky this or unlucky that.

TBO. I cannot say I have seen players take their games to the next level because of the way Green coaches. In most cases he does give the star
players plenty of ice time but he is failing to get the line-up at the point where he can roll his four lines and stay with the other teams.
Not good at line matching.

I know how important points are right now but I think he pushed Hughes pretty hard. Skated miles again. Guess it's fine if he can take it.
"evolution"
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Doyle Hargraves wrote: Thu Mar 05, 2020 12:04 am
Mëds wrote: Wed Mar 04, 2020 10:03 pm
Chef Boi RD wrote: Wed Mar 04, 2020 9:55 pm Something tells me old man Aqualini will be none too pleased if we don’t make the playoffs. He’s a results man.
And he should be. The team should not have collapsed the way they have. Like Doyle said, they were 9 points clear of the bar a month ago.

I don't actually think this is on Elmer, but there are a few passengers of late that are Benning players.

Of note, Stecher, Beagle, Roussel, and Sutter.....no need to even mention the Air Thief.

Classically GM's aren't supposed to meddle with the coaching decisions.....but the way Green has handled his roster this year is ridiculous.

Not sure how that wasn't a tripping penalty when Bo got submarine'd on that move to the net.
Lol Elmer built the roster. It’s definitely on him as well as Green.
And all things considered that roster was getting it done in a big way up until this month.

Elmer should be held to account for Eriksson, Stecher, Sutter, and probably also Ferland.

He gets a pass on Roussel and Beagle this year. Beagle was brought in to win faceoffs and help kids see the effort it takes to be a pro. Roussel was a good addition up until he blew his knee in a freak injury.....I don't ever hang GM's for injuries unless the player has a recent history of them like Ferland does.

Ferland hasn't really hurt us though, he's just been ineffective and riding IR, and it's not like we were gonna get something better at the price he came for.
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Carl Yagro wrote: Wed Mar 04, 2020 9:44 pm Fuck off Stecher.
Sorry, this--- https://streamable.com/5jrdb --- just slots right in here. :oops:
"evolution"
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Post by Island Nucklehead »

Megaterio Llamas wrote: Wed Mar 04, 2020 11:18 pm You hear Green's voice, he's practically hyperventilating from the pressure.

I'd hate to be in those shoes.
Not to mention the back and forth swaying like a drunk after bar close. He’s clearly pissed off.

Stretcher seems like more of a defensive zone tire-fire than usual. That puck-to-skate deflection is a pee-wee level mistake.

The fabled “veteran presence” seems to be what’s letting the team down lately. Sutter looked completely lost on the winner.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Troy Stecher. Doyle, your thoughts.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

Mëds wrote: Thu Mar 05, 2020 12:16 am

And all things considered that roster was getting it done in a big way up until this month.

Elmer should be held to account for Eriksson, Stecher, Sutter, and probably also Ferland.

He gets a pass on Roussel and Beagle this year. Beagle was brought in to win faceoffs and help kids see the effort it takes to be a pro. Roussel was a good addition up until he blew his knee in a freak injury.....I don't ever hang GM's for injuries unless the player has a recent history of them like Ferland does.

Ferland hasn't really hurt us though, he's just been ineffective and riding IR, and it's not like we were gonna get something better at the price he came for.
Even though they were getting it done, it was not being done in a sustainable fashion. You cannot constantly get outshot like they were and continue to win especially when your #1 goalie goes down. I never wanted to see a trapping team but there needs to be more done to reduce shots and support the D. I never saw the coaching staff adjust how the team played and this falls on TG.

I also questioned his player decisions so many times over the past 2 seasons and his utter reluctance to play young guys not named EP/QH but play scrubs. That falls on Green.

Regardless even after sleeping on it I am still pissed but I am used to that over the past 10 seasons so it does not bother me as much. That is the scary part, i am starting to become accustomed to seeing this team lose.