GDT: Dogs @ Killer Whales: 7:30 - March 4 SNP

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

Meds
MVP
MVP

Re: GDT: Dogs @ Killer Whales: 7:30 - March 4 SNP

Post by Meds »

Doyle Hargraves wrote: Wed Mar 04, 2020 8:48 pm This could be an epic bed shitting. At one point they were nine points clear of the playoff bar.
Tonight just became an even more epic bed shitting.
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Carl Yagro wrote: Wed Mar 04, 2020 9:49 pm Neither Benn nor Fantenberg was anywhere near Crouse on that goal.

You'd think defensemen would be there in front of their goalie.

Fuck Stecher.
Benn was right there clearing the other guy up and away from the crease.....and doing a damned fine job of it. Not sure where Fatburger was, but Sutter was standing there doing sweet nothing.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Horvat is nowhere to be seen in this game
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Wed Mar 04, 2020 9:50 pm
Mëds wrote: Wed Mar 04, 2020 9:47 pm Time for Troy to sit in the press box for a while.
Troy isn’t here for long. The Canucks weakness is still their D and too many slug skating forwards
Stecher has been bad since puck drop. Guys lost whatever game he had.
"evolution"
Carl Yagro
MVP
MVP

Post by Carl Yagro »

Mëds wrote: Wed Mar 04, 2020 9:52 pm
Carl Yagro wrote: Wed Mar 04, 2020 9:49 pm Neither Benn nor Fantenberg was anywhere near Crouse on that goal.

You'd think defensemen would be there in front of their goalie.

Fuck Stecher.
Benn was right there clearing the other guy up and away from the crease.....and doing a damned fine job of it. Not sure where Fatburger was, but Sutter was standing there doing sweet nothing.
Well Fatburger should have been there instead of chasing and being lost out at the point.

Green's 3rd period defensive system with the lead :roll:

The bottom D have really been hurting this team. It's like having Hutton, Pooalot and Biega still on the team.
Last edited by Carl Yagro on Wed Mar 04, 2020 9:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Best GD Canucks Hockey Talk Forum in the World... With Only 18 People!
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

One thing I'm noticing.

The 2nd line often gets shots on net on the rush, and often the shot generates a juicy rebound, however the shot comes too soon before the rest of the line can catch up and create a 2nd shot opportunity. This has happened at least 3 times this period, and I've noticed it in the past several games too. The fact that it's still happening so regularly means one of two things, the coaches are morons and aren't pointing it out, or the players aren't listening to the coaches.

Either way, something's gotta change behind the bench.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Something tells me old man Aqualini will be none too pleased if we don’t make the playoffs. He’s a results man.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Yup I knew we should have sold high on Chris Tanev.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Greener looks stressed
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Wed Mar 04, 2020 9:55 pm Something tells me old man Aqualini will be none too pleased if we don’t make the playoffs. He’s a results man.
And he should be. The team should not have collapsed the way they have. Like Doyle said, they were 9 points clear of the bar a month ago.

I don't actually think this is on Elmer, but there are a few passengers of late that are Benning players.

Of note, Stecher, Beagle, Roussel, and Sutter.....no need to even mention the Air Thief.

Classically GM's aren't supposed to meddle with the coaching decisions.....but the way Green has handled his roster this year is ridiculous.

Not sure how that wasn't a tripping penalty when Bo got submarine'd on that move to the net.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

SKYO wrote: Wed Mar 04, 2020 10:03 pm Yup I knew we should have sold high on Chris Tanev.
Sold high while in a playoff hunt, actually in the playoffs. SKYO, you’re better than that
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Coyotes..... 1 win in their last 10.

Of course we give them an easy deuce.

Kudos to Stecher and Green for being on someone else' payroll.
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Wed Mar 04, 2020 10:04 pm
SKYO wrote: Wed Mar 04, 2020 10:03 pm Yup I knew we should have sold high on Chris Tanev.
Sold high while in a playoff hunt, actually in the playoffs. SKYO, you’re better than that
lol let me feel my disappointment/anger at this team losing and losing.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

I can’t wait to hear Green and his routine miserable press meetings getting mad at Patterson
Megaterio Llamas
MVP
MVP

Post by Megaterio Llamas »

At least we're finding fresh, interesting ways to lose.
el rey del mambo