Trade rumours & armchair pipe dreams 19-20 Sponsored by SKYO

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

ESQ
MVP
MVP

Re: Trade rumours & armchair pipe dreams 19-20 Sponsored by SKYO

Post by ESQ »

Doyle Hargraves wrote: Wed Mar 04, 2020 2:37 pm Lotsa hair fires about losing a goalie 15 months from now. We might have to whack these poster in the head with their piss soaked jeans to put those fires out for them.
Almost as bad as people worrying about losing Gaunce :lol:
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

ESQ wrote: Wed Mar 04, 2020 4:04 pm
Doyle Hargraves wrote: Wed Mar 04, 2020 2:37 pm Lotsa hair fires about losing a goalie 15 months from now. We might have to whack these poster in the head with their piss soaked jeans to put those fires out for them.
Blob doesn't have hair fires anymore... just scalp fires now. :drink:
____
Try to focus on someday.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Strangelove wrote: Wed Mar 04, 2020 4:14 pm
:lol:
If you need air...call it in
Richardstroker69
MVP
MVP

Post by Richardstroker69 »

Strangelove wrote: Wed Mar 04, 2020 2:16 pm Re-sign Markstrom (without an NMC).

15 months from now decide which one of Marx/Demko you want to protect.

We're going to lose an asset in the X-draft, if they choose the goalie we don't protect, fine.
Exactly right, we’re gonna lose somebody, no point in doing something stupid like Florida, if they want demko, or if markstrom falters expose one of them. No biggie
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Why bring Doc into this? :lol:
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Strangelove wrote: Wed Mar 04, 2020 4:14 pm I’m easily 5 ft 8 if I stand on a phone book
Raile
MVP
MVP

Post by Raile »

Richardstroker69 wrote: Wed Mar 04, 2020 4:53 pm
Strangelove wrote: Wed Mar 04, 2020 2:16 pm Re-sign Markstrom (without an NMC).

15 months from now decide which one of Marx/Demko you want to protect.

We're going to lose an asset in the X-draft, if they choose the goalie we don't protect, fine.
Exactly right, we’re gonna lose somebody, no point in doing something stupid like Florida, if they want demko, or if markstrom falters expose one of them. No biggie
You think Marky, who's being talked about for Vezina, will sign here on a non-NMC deal? Like everyone, he clearly knows our goalie situation. If he signs here it's because he wants to be here, not in Seattle.

Maybe I'm wrong but I have a tough time seeing them sign him to a deal that works so well for us. For the first time in a long time he'll be a very desirable goalie. Maybe if we vastly over pay him?
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Doyle Hargraves wrote: Wed Mar 04, 2020 5:07 pm
Why bring Doc into this? :lol:
He’d hate to “lose young Gaunce” :lol:
Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP

Post by Madcombinepilot »

I wish we would have lost a Gaunce.
The 'Chain of Command' is the chain I am going to beat you with until you understand I am in charge.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Madcombinepilot wrote: Wed Mar 04, 2020 5:17 pm I wish we would have lost a Gaunce.
We lost Sbisa. A couple tards here said he was a top
4 guy. A few others pissed their pants about losing Granlund
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Strangelove wrote: Wed Mar 04, 2020 4:14 pm
:lol: oh Boozles McKenzeez. He’s a beaut
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Per wrote: Wed Mar 04, 2020 9:57 am
Mëds wrote: Wed Mar 04, 2020 9:45 am
ESQ wrote: Wed Mar 04, 2020 9:10 am The power move is to figure out which goalie Seattle wants, then extracting a draft pick in exchange for exposing that goalie.

In Chicago's case, they would lock in Demko at a low cap hit (which unfortunately reflects his performance this year), and expose Marky - or trade Marky for a 1st and draft considerations, like taking Roussel.

But since this is Goalie Graveyard Vancouver, if Marky comes back with a strong postseason there is no way I'm moving on from him.
This is why I'm more inclined to see what kind of return we could get on Demko right now. Realistically he should return at least a 2nd round pick.....and we would do well to recoup one of our picks in the first couple rounds.

Obviously the jury is still out and deliberating on Thatcher, and he still has 3 weeks to prove to everyone that he deserves some of the hype he received as a prospect. I just think that the coming expansion draft, and future cap issues, will force Benning to make a decision sooner than expected when he originally drafted Demko.
I don’t get this. Why is everyone so sure they will absolutely pick a goalie from Vancouver? :|

They have 31 teams to pick from. Are you sure they cannot find anything better than Demko out there? :eh:
For all his talent and potential, he is still unproven.

You build a team from behind.
If I’m putting together a new team in a new market, I want some veteran experience in the crease.
Just saying.
Based on the projected list of protected Canucks, either of our two current goaltenders would probably be the best players available from Vancouver.

If the rules are the same as the Vegas expansion then, with the current roster, I think the Canucks would be best served protecting 8 skaters and a goalie.

Horvat
Boeser
Miller
Pettersson
Toffoli
Virtanen
Gaudette
Myers
Markstrom or Demko

Hughes is exempt, Edler and Pearson will be UFA, as will a few others.

Stecher is no big loss.

I'd hate to lose MacEwan, but c'est la vie.

If Markstrom is exposed it's an almost sure thing they would take him, providing next season is a continuation of his last 18 months of play.

If Demko is exposed the loss is felt more in the fact that we would be losing a valuable trade chip or future starter for nothing.
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Per wrote: Wed Mar 04, 2020 1:34 pm
ESQ wrote: Wed Mar 04, 2020 12:50 pm
Per wrote: Wed Mar 04, 2020 9:57 am
I don’t get this. Why is everyone so sure they will absolutely pick a goalie from Vancouver? :|
If Marky is exposed, I believe he will be the best exposed goalie by a long shot.

If Demko is looking like he's ready to be a full-time starter in 21/22, he will likely be the best exposed goalie. Every team can protect their starter, of the Canucks have 2 legitimate starters then the exposed one will almost certainly be the best available.

When you look at who will be exposed from the Canucks, it's quite likely that a goalie will be the best option for Seattle to take.
I agree that if Marx is exposed, they will probably take him (if he fits under their cap).
But Demko? Surely there are a handful of teams that have a better backup?

Now, Demko has potential. He may become a better goalie than Markström at some point.
But at this point I doubt he’d be the hottest item available for Seattle. Well, maybe as their backup...
Well if you're talking league-wide, obviously. However, considering the players on the existing roster who will still be under contract, or RFA, at the end of next year.....

Loui Eriksson
Micaheal Ferland
Sven Baertschi
Antoine Roussel
Jay Beagle
Olli Juolevi
Brogan Rafferty
Josh Teves
Thatcher Demko

Who are you taking over Demko there? The only player that one could conceivably see being taken would be Roussel if he regains his form as prior to this season's return from injury has been a very useful 3rd line forward.
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Madcombinepilot wrote: Wed Mar 04, 2020 9:00 am Just the other day Skyo solved his own problems (in his mind) with the "Let Marky, Leivo and Tanev" go comment in the 'compliance' thread, and here he is, now making more drama for himself..
Do you have anything insightful to add?? or just being a fucking troll lol.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

SKYO wrote: Wed Mar 04, 2020 9:27 pm
Madcombinepilot wrote: Wed Mar 04, 2020 9:00 am Just the other day Skyo solved his own problems (in his mind) with the "Let Marky, Leivo and Tanev" go comment in the 'compliance' thread, and here he is, now making more drama for himself..
Do you have anything insightful to add?? or just being a fucking troll lol.
The team is losing so we are all turning into trolls - nothing makes us more pissed off than watching this team implode over the past few weeks. I am almost ready to kick my cat if she wasnt so cute. :mrgreen: