GDT: Canucks @ bjs - 4pm - Mar 1 - SN

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

dangler
MVP
MVP

Re: GDT: Canucks @ bjs - 4pm - Mar 1 - SN

Post by dangler »

Hockey Widow wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 7:56 pm That was not on Green. Come on. Its not like he is telling them to sit on the lead and coast. And they did push.

Our D still sucks. We need an upgrade over Stetcher and Fantenberg/Benn.

Hughes is carrying the D but he is not a shut down guy. We need some serious help. Too bad we didn't give anyone in Utica a look see. Now we can only use emergency calls. What we see, barring injuries, is our D until the year is done. We need to find a way to keep Tanev and upgrade the bottom three.

Two stupid penalties in a game where none had been called against us was asking for trouble. Bad loss. Bad taste. Horrible road trip. But we are still in it.
Yup,the D is being exposed now Markstroms out.
Jimbro did a good job upgrading the defensemen, and Edler & Tanev have been great, but there is still room for improvement.
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Hockey Widow wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 7:56 pm That was not on Green. Come on.
He has got out coached at various games vs a more veteran coaching squad - all I know is if the team somehow squanders this playoff spot, it's not looking good for him in the offseason, coaches usually have short terms on teams...longest tenure terms currently were hired in 2015 x3 Sulli, Torts and Blashill. 2014 Maurice and Cooper 2013.

Strangelove wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 6:39 pm 10 of the last 17 games at home. I'm not worried
This is true, and Demko loves playing at Rogers.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

PPG:- Bo Horvat (21) Tip-In, assists-: Elias Pettersson (36),- J.T. Miller (41)-01:00-1st --- https://streamable.com/avww8#

EVEN:- Elias Pettersson (26) Deflected, -assists: -Tyler Myers (15),- J.T. Miller (42)-07:08-1st --- https://streamable.com/5wtk2#

EVEN:- J.T. Miller (26) Slap Shot,- assists: Elias Pettersson (37),- Troy Stecher (11)-01:12-2nd --- https://streamable.com/qv651#

Jenner running away from Jake? --- https://streamable.com/adxh4# looks a bit like it...

MacEwen Matteau fight --- https://streamable.com/t2n68#

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Last edited by Mickey107 on Mon Mar 02, 2020 10:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
"evolution"
Megaterio Llamas
MVP
MVP

Post by Megaterio Llamas »

Green didn't look well behind the bench in the third period. Looked to be suffering back there, was turning a ghostly white. it's hard to imagine the pressure he's under, it would have to be almost unbearable. Looks like he's fighting with the media after the games now, won't talk to Patterson. Understandable maybe, but it has the look of a coach going under.
Last edited by Megaterio Llamas on Sun Mar 01, 2020 8:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.
el rey del mambo
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Jeff Paterson@patersonjeff
while all of this is going on, Quinn Hughes hasn't had a shift since the 10 minute mark of the third. About the time the game changed
Travis Green has been playing Sutters line and Rousel line the last ten minutes.
No Hughes, Not much of Petersson.
6:32 PM · Mar 1, 2020
“If we want to win and make the playoffs, we have to be better than that. Plain and simple. We were the better team for 52 minutes, but those last eight minutes killed us. It’s unacceptable. We’re upset.” - Horvat
"It sucks. Played 50 minutes of really good hockey. In the last 10 just made a couple bad plays, especially on my penalty... just a sh---y way to end a road trip. We gotta keep playing the way we're playing. We gotta figure it out here pretty quick." - Sutter
“These kind of games just don't leave you. I think it's good we have two days off now to regroup... When you play playoff hockey, you're going to lose a game... and you have to reset and get ready to play. This probably is a lot like that.“ - Green
Post game--JT Miller / Domingue;

https://www.nhl.com/canucks/video/postg ... /c-5319825

I believe there may have been a spot in the third where a time-out may have helped. :scowl:
"evolution"
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Megaterio Llamas wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 8:35 pm Green didn't look well behind the bench in the third period. Looked to be suffering back there, was turning a ghostly white. it's hard to imagine the pressure he's under, it would have to be almost unbearable. Looks like he's fighting with the media after the games now, won't talk to Patterson. Understandable maybe, but it has the look of a coach going under.
He’s done it to himself. Nobody on Gods green earth is buying that Eriksson gives us a better chance to win then MacEwan does.
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

Hockey Widow wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 4:17 pm
CrzyCanuck wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 4:12 pm omg our goalie actually stopped the first shot
You know, Demko Reid’s me of the Markstrom we first saw here. Remember when he always seemed to give up a goal on the first shot, then another. Remember how he always let in at least one bad goal a game.

So ya, I think Demko will get better
Of course he will. Goalies are like wine.
The good ones get better with age.

He has the talent, but he lacks experience.
There is a really good chance he will become what we have hoped for.

But then is then and now is now.
He is not ready to be a starter in the NHL yet.
He is good enough to function as our backup, but now that the full responsibility was placed on his shoulders, he crumbles under the pressure. He needs more time playing protected games to gain experience and confidence.
Whatever you do, always give 100 %!
Except when donating blood.
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

Hockey Widow wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 7:56 pm That was not on Green. Come on. Its not like he is telling them to sit on the lead and coast. And they did push.

Our D still sucks. We need an upgrade over Stetcher and Fantenberg/Benn.

Hughes is carrying the D but he is not a shut down guy. We need some serious help. Too bad we didn't give anyone in Utica a look see. Now we can only use emergency calls. What we see, barring injuries, is our D until the year is done. We need to find a way to keep Tanev and upgrade the bottom three.

Two stupid penalties in a game where none had been called against us was asking for trouble. Bad loss. Bad taste. Horrible road trip. But we are still in it.
I do not put the full loss on TG but he started the same lineup against the leaves that sucks against Ottawa and then he only did 1 change for this game. Fatenberg should not have been in the game if he holds all players to the same level. His in game decisions on who is on the ice is many time puzzling to say the least and his love for the 4th line is down right frustrating. Even up 3 - 1the team should have played the same way for the third period.

Not sure if it was true that QH did not play much in the 3rd but I hope it was do a body issue vs. Green letting him rest.

It is TG who puts LE on the ice.

So you are correct the loss is not entirely his fault but he take the heat for his game decisions.
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Some more and longer audio player interviews on the after game show on TSN radio;

https://www.tsn.ca/radio/vancouver-1040 ... -1.1451216
"evolution"
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

maybe QH was nursing an upper/middle/lower body injury???

https://twitter.com/patersonjeff/status ... 0894160896

This is from Paterson indicating that QH was chatting with the trainer after being hit.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Reefer2 wrote: Mon Mar 02, 2020 8:15 am maybe QH was nursing an upper/middle/lower body injury???

This is from Paterson indicating that QH was chatting with the trainer after being hit.
Doesn’t exonerate the coach from blame. He runs his bench like a house league coach.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Reefer2 wrote: Mon Mar 02, 2020 8:15 am maybe QH was nursing an upper/middle/lower body injury???

Let's hope just a game bump that's uncomfortable for a few moments. We can't compete with 40 to 50 percent of NHL teams without
what he brings, the most important factor is his ability to skate the puck out of the Canuck's end with ease. even when he's pooped,
with relative ease.
But there's more. Generally, his passes are the right ones and tape to tape. Sure! He's had some partial off games. Everybody does.
I'm not willing to accept some of the dog-shit I've been hearing from annoying mama's basement OR professional noted hockey writers blaming
every little miss directed decision on his part on the fact he's young. or small. Or from a system that have lighter schedules. Nope!
I dare say the two reasons the Canucks have had legitimate top tier, top 12 -14th league placement is because of Quinn Hughes and
Jacob Markstrom.
Hughes, from what I've witnessed, doesn't fall under the category of needing to be insulated. I hate that term.
"Insulating the young". What a stupid, yet trendy, phrase. Makes me think of a baby all wrapped up in that orange itchy, irritating poof.
Guess they have new stuff now. Doesn't change the fact it sounds like it was started by some house renovator :cheers: guy that quite likely drinks
exorbitant amounts of no-name wine and beer in yellow cans.
"evolution"
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Micky wrote: Mon Mar 02, 2020 11:21 am
We can't compete with 40 to 50 percent of NHL teams withoutwhat he brings, the most important factor is his ability to skate the puck out of the Canuck's end with ease. even when he's pooped,
with relative ease.
Patrick Johnston@risingaction
Still blown away that Quinn Hughes played just 1:28 of the final 9 minutes of the game last night. When the team is leading, he's been the fourth-most used defenceman this season.

Given the growth of his game, that's got to change. It's crunch time. Use your best players.
10:11 AM · Mar 2, 2020
:idea: :idea: :idea: :idea:
"evolution"
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Micky wrote: Tue Mar 03, 2020 2:04 am
Micky wrote: Mon Mar 02, 2020 11:21 am
We can't compete with 40 to 50 percent of NHL teams withoutwhat he brings, the most important factor is his ability to skate the puck out of the Canuck's end with ease. even when he's pooped,
with relative ease.
Patrick Johnston@risingaction
Still blown away that Quinn Hughes played just 1:28 of the final 9 minutes of the game last night. When the team is leading, he's been the fourth-most used defenceman this season.

Given the growth of his game, that's got to change. It's crunch time. Use your best players.
10:11 AM · Mar 2, 2020
:idea: :idea: :idea: :idea:
UMMMMMM. He was "banged up".
____
Try to focus on someday.