Canucks News n Notes 2019-2020

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Re: Canucks News n Notes 2019-2020

Post by Strangelove »

Micky wrote: Tue Feb 11, 2020 12:50 am
Iain MacIntyre
@imacSportsnet
19 months after being forced out as president, Trevor Linden returns to Rogers Arena to honour Daniel and Henrik Sedin.
See Doc; I still have a problem with this guy. bias / bias / bias ........................... :look:
amicable ?
What are you talking about here Mick?
____
Try to focus on someday.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Madcombinepilot wrote: Tue Feb 11, 2020 11:35 am
Cornuck wrote: Tue Feb 11, 2020 11:31 am As expected, now official:

Vancouver Canucks General Manager Jim Benning announced today that the club has assigned forward Micheal Ferland to the Utica Comets on a LTI conditioning loan.
So when ferland comes back to the roster, McEwan heads back down? I believe Bailey has to clear waivers..
Bailey doesn't have to go through waivers... because he cleared waivers already this season.
____
Try to focus on someday.
Carl Yagro
MVP
MVP

Post by Carl Yagro »

Today on a call with Walker & Shah on Sportsnet 650, Trevor was asked if he's talked to Jim.

His reply was an emphatic, "I haven't talked to Jim. He's busy, I'm busy. Let's leave it at that." Pretty much indicated he didn't want to discuss this any further.

Maybe one day he'll have reconciliation with Aqua and JB, but it doesn't sound like it's going to be anytime soon.
The Best GD Canucks Hockey Talk Forum in the World... With Only 18 People!
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Who cares?
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Topper wrote: Tue Feb 11, 2020 8:53 pmWho cares?
We need to know if we can still use the 'Great in the Community' tag.

Also whether or not Jimmy and the aquas used rubbers...
____
Try to focus on someday.
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Hank wrote: Tue Feb 11, 2020 8:29 pm Today on a call with Walker & Shah on Sportsnet 650, Trevor was asked if he's talked to Jim.

His reply was an emphatic, "I haven't talked to Jim. He's busy, I'm busy. Let's leave it at that." Pretty much indicated he didn't want to discuss this any further.

Maybe one day he'll have reconciliation with Aqua and JB, but it doesn't sound like it's going to be anytime soon.
At least he remembered they exist. :evil: PTPS post traumatic president syndrome. Seriously; To mention Judd Brackett

only was so deliberately done.
"evolution"
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Too bad the Lil' trojan is a righty, Blues have a need for D.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Hank wrote: Tue Feb 11, 2020 8:29 pm Today on a call with Walker & Shah on Sportsnet 650, Trevor was asked if he's talked to Jim.

So it looks like to me that Linden and Benning did not agree on the direction of the team and Aqualini sided with Benning? Curious what the catalyst was. Keep hearing that Linden wanted to do the slow rebuild, so I’m assuming the Beagle, Schaller, Roussel signings etc were nit kosher with Trevl Linden? Is my timing right regarding Lindens firing. Fuck, can’t rdd we remember when he was let go. Where’s ole Paddy these days with his love for Linden talks - the Man, the Myth, the Legend?
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Richardstroker69
MVP
MVP

Post by Richardstroker69 »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Wed Feb 12, 2020 6:29 am

So it looks like to me that Linden and Benning did not agree on the direction of the team and Aqualini sided with Benning? Curious what the catalyst was. Keep hearing that Linden wanted to do the slow rebuild, so I’m assuming the Beagle, Schaller, Roussel signings etc were nit kosher with Trevl Linden? Is my timing right regarding Lindens firing. Fuck, can’t rdd we remember when he was let go. Where’s ole Paddy these days with his love for Linden talks - the Man, the Myth, the Legend?
Linden went behind bennings back to try and get him fired. Unfortunately for him the aqualinis like benning and what he was doing. Remember at his last draft he was walking around the floor asking other general managers how to rebuild.... the guy should never have stuck his nose in hockey ops, he shoulda just smiled for the camera. The teams current success must really eat away at linden, he would have had petey playing in the ahl last year and us tanking for another 2-3 years. Instead we’re taking advantage of some cheap years of petey and Hughes and hopefully getting them some playoff experience.
Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP

Post by Madcombinepilot »

Doyle Hargraves wrote: Tue Feb 11, 2020 3:33 pm That was Tinordi’s stick that he flung into the crowd. He broke his own stick over Weber.

Better than a hooking penalty imho.
a wise man once said:
"I would rather see a penalty of aggression than one of laziness"
The 'Chain of Command' is the chain I am going to beat you with until you understand I am in charge.
Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP

Post by Madcombinepilot »

The Brown Wizard wrote: Tue Feb 11, 2020 4:43 pm Apparently he was cleared to play in November but was obviously not ready. Hopefully this time they have an idea what their doing with the guy.

or, we are being overly cautious because Ferland on LTIR keeps us cap (and roster) compliant. could just be us playing cap games and keeping ferlund healthy and hungry for playoffs.
The 'Chain of Command' is the chain I am going to beat you with until you understand I am in charge.
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

I thought Linden was in Seattle?
Whatever you do, always give 100 %!
Except when donating blood.
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Linden is in for his regular face stretchings :P There is no-way he gets involved in the new StarBuck franchise.
"evolution"
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Rick Dhaliwal@DhaliwalSports
Goalie Richard Bachman has left Utica and signed in Sweden.

He had to get some playing time, the #Canucks are ok with it.
8:46 AM · Feb 12, 202
bye.
"evolution"
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

11:30 AM
Lines in morning skate:

Miller-Horvat-MacEwen
Pearson-Pettersson-Virtanen
Roussel-Gaudette-Sutter
Bailey-Beagle-Eriksson

Edler-Stecher
Hughes-Tanev
Benn-MyerS

Extras: Schaller, Brisebois
Vancouver #Canucks@Canucks
Markstrom starts and same #Canucks line-up, said Coach Green.
Boeser is "coming along" and will reassessed at the end of the week.
11:39 AM · Feb 12, 2020
"evolution"