Trade rumours & armchair pipe dreams 19-20 Sponsored by SKYO

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Re: Trade rumours & armchair pipe dreams 19-20 Sponsored by SKYO

Post by Chef Boi RD »

The Brown Wizard wrote: Fri Feb 07, 2020 9:30 am Is the Wayne Train seriously coming to Van?

Looking over his numbers he sure looks like hes on a rapid decline.
No interest
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
damonberryman
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by damonberryman »

The Brown Wizard wrote: Fri Feb 07, 2020 9:30 am Is the Wayne Train seriously coming to Van?

Looking over his numbers he sure looks like hes on a rapid decline.
I have always liked the kid.

:drink: He is slow and he is on the decline at this age. However he is also tough and we are going to need that quality if we make the playoffs.

On the other hand, if Petey is hurt we should cancel the parade as we are his injury away from being a mid level bottom feeder. Our talent depth is shallow without him to make everyone around Petey a better player. If the injury is true we hold off on any trades and let the team age.

When I saw the rumour about the alien I had a sinking feeling. However, I suspect it is bullshit. I hope so.
:drink: :drink:
Todd Bersnoozi
CC Legend

Post by Todd Bersnoozi »

Doyle Hargraves wrote: Thu Feb 06, 2020 3:52 pm Lebrun has linked the Canucks to Wayne Simmons. Of course Sekeres and Price are losing their shit about it.
Yeah, I think I'd pass on Simmonds as well. Tool-time Timmy Schaller has as many goals as him, playing on the 4th line and less games. I'd rather give some of our young guys in the system a chance, like our own brother man Justin Bailey or Big Mac Zack Attack Pack MacEwen.
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

SKYO wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 8:41 pm Trade Eriksson ideal #500,002

Eriksson ($6M AAV for two more years) for Kovalchuk ($6.25M AAV this and next year.)
LA Kings General Manager Rob Blake met with members of the media at the start of warm-ups prior to Tuesday’s game against the Minnesota Wild, which followed Elliotte Friedman’s afternoon report that the team had informed Ilya Kovalchuk of an intent to withhold him from the lineup “for the foreseeable future.

There is word this afternoon that LA has informed Ilya Kovalchuk he will be out of the lineup for the foreseeable future.

He is welcome to practice with the club, but he will not be playing. Obviously, more details as they occur.

— Elliotte Friedman. Nov 12, 2019
I can see Kopitar and Eriksson being good together.

Kovie might get a good luck with Bo or Petey, and he can be Tryamkin's ambassador here next year.
Too bad Canucks couldn't make this work, Kings ultimately terminated Kovie's contract and still have his $6.25M cap hit this season and next.

Now Kovalchuk's value is back up -
Canadiens’ Ilya Kovalchuk drawing interest from Bruins, Flames, Oilers

https://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/can ... es-oilers/
Oh well hopefully we can move LE's contract off the books come July 1st.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

If they are truly showing interest in Simmonds that would mean Ferland is done for the season
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

From not moving to tradeable – Vancouver Canucks

Thomas Drance of The Athletic: The NHL trade deadline is three weeks away. Looking at the Vancouver Canucks from not moving to tradeable.

Not Moving – Jay Beagle, Jacob Markstrom, J.T. Miller, Bo Horvat, Quinn Hughes, Elias Pettersson, Tyler Myers, Micheal Ferland, and Alex Edler.

Not moving unless there’s a blockbuster – Adam Gaudette, Thatcher Demko, Antoine Roussel, Tanner Pearson, Chris Tanev, Jake Virtanen, Brock Boeser.

Could move if the Canucks decide to sell – Troy Stecher, Tim Schaller, Oscar Fantenberg, Josh Leivo, and Tyler Motte.

Could move if the Canucks decide to buy – Nikolay Goldobin, Assorted other draft picks (conditional first owed to the Lightning), 2021 2nd round pick, Nikita Tryamkin, and Kole Lind.

Will only move if the player desires it – Jordie Benn.

Cap flexibility trade division – Sven Baertschi, Brandon Sutter, and Loui Eriksson.

the athletic - https://theathletic.com/1560196/2020/02 ... ed-article

via https://mynhltraderumors.com/nhl-rumors ... 020/02/05/
Tanev & Stecher would get some interesting returns.

Cap flex moves are always nice.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

SKYO

Tanev is not getting traded
Todd Bersnoozi
CC Legend

Post by Todd Bersnoozi »

Canucks Army with a list of some possible rentals on the cheap for the Nucks.

https://canucksarmy.com/2020/02/09/low- ... oCS-4CYOlw

I've said b4 that I wouldn't mind a RS D to replace Stecher, so Zack Bogosian or Scott Mayfield would be nice. Maybe for Mark Borowiecki, but mainly cuz it'd be nice to have a BoroCop in the lineup again. :P

On forward, think I'd pass on Kovalchuk & Simmonds, but Josh Anderson might be a good fit.
Tciso
MVP
MVP

Post by Tciso »

SKYO wrote: Fri Feb 07, 2020 10:07 am
Tciso wrote: Fri Feb 07, 2020 9:17 am
Doyle Hargraves wrote: Fri Feb 07, 2020 6:27 am I don’t see any teams giving up a pick for Eriksson. Maybe at 3 million retained. But pretty sure I read somewhere that Aqua is not willing to retain to get rid of a guy.

Teams can pick up an Louie or Sven caliber player for 1 million in the summer and then flip that guy for a pick.
That is solved by paying him to play in the minors. That is basically the same, except you retain 100%. I can see not wanting to make a habit of retaining, but in Loui's case, how could you not?
I forget if I posted this but July 1st Eriksson finally loses his full NTC and submits a 15 team no trade list, I imagine he'll be moved then to a cheap owner team like the Sens who will be freeing up millions of cap space and need to reach the cap floor. I'm sure a handful of teams will be checking in to see what it'll take to dump some contracts on them.

Eriksson might be the best bang for the buck there after his bonus is paid - his salary for next season is $1M with a $6M cap hit.

Then can be exposed to Seattle.

If still a Senator, is paid $1M bonus 2021, $3M salary then UFA and at least he can still play a top 9 role effectively for them unlike the IR players they've had.
Yeah. After his bonus is paid, Loui is only owed $5 million total. That's $2.5 mil per year for a $6 mil cap hit. His trade-ability goes up.
The Cup is soooooo ours!!!!!!!
Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP

Post by Madcombinepilot »

Todd Bersnoozi wrote: Sun Feb 09, 2020 9:33 pm Canucks Army with a list of some possible rentals on the cheap for the Nucks.

I've said b4 that I wouldn't mind a RS D to replace Stecher, so Zack Bogosian or Scott Mayfield would be nice. Maybe for Mark Borowiecki, but mainly cuz it'd be nice to have a BoroCop in the lineup again. :P

On forward, think I'd pass on Kovalchuk & Simmonds, but Josh Anderson might be a good fit.
My fear with Josh Anderson is he is a "1and done", and peaked in last years playoffs.

.. but if he is that way everyplayoffs, I want him.
The 'Chain of Command' is the chain I am going to beat you with until you understand I am in charge.
Lancer
CC Legend

Post by Lancer »

Madcombinepilot wrote: Mon Feb 10, 2020 2:28 pm
Todd Bersnoozi wrote: Sun Feb 09, 2020 9:33 pm Canucks Army with a list of some possible rentals on the cheap for the Nucks.

My fear with Josh Anderson is he is a "1and done", and peaked in last years playoffs.

If he's available for a prospect, I'd take Anderson in a heartbeat. This season be damned, he's someone who could form a formidable 3rd line at least. Then again, if Columbus is making him available there's a high risk they know something others don't.
Love the Sport. Love the Team.

Hate the League.
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Lancer wrote: Tue Feb 11, 2020 11:14 am

If he's available for a prospect, I'd take Anderson in a heartbeat. This season be damned, he's someone who could form a formidable 3rd line at least. Then again, if Columbus is making him available there's a high risk they know something others don't.
The second half of the video/ But will Anderson he have ongoing problems now like MF?

----- more-https://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/blu ... -werenski/

Tough call. Still young too.
"evolution"
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Unless it’s a top prospect, Columbus has no reason to trade Anderson. Before his injury riddled year this year Anderson averaged close to 20 goals for three years. He’s huge, skilled and tough as nails. They aren’t giving him away. He’s 25 ffs.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Doyle Hargraves wrote: Tue Feb 11, 2020 3:57 pm

Unless it’s a top prospect, Columbus has no reason to trade Anderson. Before his injury riddled year this year Anderson averaged close to 20 goals for three years. He’s huge, skilled and tough as nails. They aren’t giving him away. He’s 25 ffs.
He would be just what the doctor ordered beside Pettersson and Miller.

Sadly we cant afford the sticker price
If you need air...call it in
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Doyle Hargraves wrote: Tue Feb 11, 2020 3:57 pm

Too bad we traded him for Shut Down Pahlsson