Seattle Expansion/Canucks players

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Re: Seattle Expansion/Canucks players

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

SKYO wrote: Tue Jan 28, 2020 7:30 pm 2020 Revision time.
SKYO wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2019 6:04 pm PROTECT:
Forwards: Horvat, Boeser, Petey, Virtanen, Gaudette, L̶e̶i̶v̶o̶, Miller, Ferland.

Dmen:Juolevi, Myers, maybe Tryamkin or Rafferty.

Goalie: Demko
Demko at his age has shown more upside than Marky, if you want the long term contender status, Demko is the way to go....I bet you mgmt are low-key thinking about that right now.
I'm starting to change over to your way. That game yesterday was eye opening.
If you need air...call it in
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

The Brown Wizard wrote: Tue Jan 28, 2020 7:33 pm
Forwards: Horvat, Boeser, Petey, Virtanen, Gaudette, L̶e̶i̶v̶o̶, Miller, Ferland.

Demko at his age has shown more upside than Marky, if you want the long term contender status, Demko is the way to go....I bet you mgmt are low-key thinking about that right now.

plus he is cheaper.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Reefer2 wrote: Tue Jan 28, 2020 7:35 pm

plus he is cheaper.
Markstrom and the canucks apparently a ways apart on first offers. He might want the cash and having Demko playing like that means we can always go another way...or threaten to
If you need air...call it in
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

This time the Canucks may lose a legit decent player. Last time when Vegas picked, Hargraves had a lot of diapers to hand out to the urine crew who feared losing the great Markus Granlund
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Took all this time for you to come around lol.
Doyle Hargraves wrote: Tue Jan 28, 2020 7:43 pm This time the Canucks may lose a legit decent player. Last time when Vegas picked, Hargraves had a lot of diapers to hand out to the urine crew who feared losing the great Markus Granlund
Man I'm gonna be sad if it's Roussel.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

We might end up wanting to protect Lind or MacEwen rather than health-issues Ferland.

If we extend Tanev, I could see us protecting Tanev, Myers, and one of Juolevi/Tryamkin

... with the other one traded away as the sweetener in the Eriksson dump or somesuch.

Hard to make a call on the Marx/Demko situation just yet...

EDIT: Rafferty will requie protection
____
Try to focus on someday.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Doyle Hargraves wrote: Tue Jan 28, 2020 7:43 pm This time the Canucks may lose a legit decent player. Last time when Vegas picked, Hargraves had a lot of diapers to hand out to the urine crew who feared losing the great Markus Granlund
The way I remember it, you were the captain of that crew and were soiling yourself over the prospect of losing Brendan Gaunce! :lol:
____
Try to focus on someday.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Strangelove wrote: Tue Jan 28, 2020 8:09 pm
The way I remember it, you were the captain of that crew and were soiling yourself over the prospect of losing Brendan Gaunce! :lol:
:lol: Gold, Doc! Gold!
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

The Brown Wizard wrote: Tue Jan 28, 2020 7:37 pm
Markstrom and the canucks apparently a ways apart on first offers. He might want the cash and having Demko playing like that means we can always go another way...or threaten to
I didn't even hear they've officially talked yet. I heard Marksrom say something to the effect he'd love to stay a Canuck for a long time.
I'd be surprised if Marky was asking for the moon.

Demmer was great last game. Need to see more yet.

I doubt much is going to happen till late June.
"evolution"
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Strangelove wrote: Tue Jan 28, 2020 8:07 pm

We might end up wanting to protect Lind or MacEwen rather than health-issues Ferland.

If we extend Tanev, I could see us protecting Tanev, Myers, and one of Juolevi/Tryamkin

... with the other one traded away as the sweetener in the Eriksson dump or somesuch.

lucky & maybe Tryamkin will still be in Russia when the expansion draft comes around, maybe seattle will pass on him if exposed.
Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP

Post by Madcombinepilot »

I thought we agreed we were not mentioning his name here again? :D
The 'Chain of Command' is the chain I am going to beat you with until you understand I am in charge.
ESQ
MVP
MVP

Post by ESQ »

SKYO wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 11:46 pm

lucky & maybe Tryamkin will still be in Russia when the expansion draft comes around, maybe seattle will pass on him if exposed.
Best hope for Ferland is he takes 21/22 off on LTIR, maybe returns for the playoffs, stays healthy and shows enough "veteran grit" that Seattle decides to take him off our hands.

I actually think there is some chance Seattle takes a veteran forward, following the Benning Model for (re)building a succcessful franchise from the ground up :mrgreen:

But seriously, the contracts (in terms of term and cap hit) for Beagle/Roussel/Ferland won't be that bad at all, especially by 2021/22.
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

ESQ wrote: Tue Sep 22, 2020 10:46 am Best hope for Ferland is he takes 21/22 off on LTIR, maybe returns for the playoffs, stays healthy and shows enough "veteran grit" that Seattle decides to take him off our hands.

I actually think there is some chance Seattle takes a veteran forward, following the Benning Model for (re)building a succcessful franchise from the ground up :mrgreen:

But seriously, the contracts (in terms of term and cap hit) for Beagle/Roussel/Ferland won't be that bad at all, especially by 2021/22.
Yeah even Vegas took a good mix of talent and big gritty vets that were bottom six checkers or defensive dmen, they didn't take many 'project' types, most were proven scorers or size/grit types.

expose ferland, roussel, beagle, macewen, motte

I think somehow eriksson & baertschi will move on, sutter/pearson ufa's at that point.

defense, looking more like tanev & marky will at least explore whats out there, lickin' their chops to see if some team will overpay them millions of dollars. everyone can say they love it here yada yada, but when push comes to shove, big bucks can change things, in the end though I think tanev might just re-sign 1 year or 3 years, risk getting exposed. Marky has a good chance to land an overpayment contract.

protect myers, OJ, new dman (I believe another RD will be coming to town).
expose, who knows who will still be in town by then, stecher could be gone, tanev is up in the air, rafferty, edler who knows what'll happen, I predict he re-signs 2-3 year deals till he retires a Canuck, tryamkin could still play in russia.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

SKYO wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 11:46 pm

I know it's very difficult to discern all things X-draft because they don't publish all the rules or lists.

But FWIW I'm fairly certain that Tryamkin recently re-signing in the KHL made him exempt from the X-draft.

I say this only because I've read it from a few trusted sources.

https://theathletic.com/1933059/2020/07 ... -is-wrong/

Now, why would Rafferty require protection and Tryamkin not?

I can only guess it has something to do with Raff signing his first contract at age 24 and Tree at age 21.

Or maybe it's some other obscure reason...

Lack of information on things like this frustrates the hell outta OCD folk such as myself. :(
____
Try to focus on someday.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Madcombinepilot wrote: Tue Sep 22, 2020 8:58 am
I thought we agreed we were not mentioning his name here again? :D
That post was from January. :wink:
____
Try to focus on someday.