Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Re: Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Post by Hockey Widow »

Pretty sad really. First, they need to criminalize those pay it forward borrowing on future earnings. They are nothing but predatory schemes intended to steal money. Second, throw those muckers in jail. Third make em pay.

I understand why he doesn't want to charge his parents but he should bankrupt them fast. Get his brother out of there while he is at it.
The only HW the Canucks need
donlever
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by donlever »

...The Score reporting that Slava Voynov to be charged with one felony count of corporal injury to spouse.
DeLevering since 1999.
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

donlever wrote:...The Score reporting that Slava Voynov to be charged with one felony count of corporal injury to spouse.

As long as he is suspended with pay his cap should count. But if he is convicted I wonder what happens.
BurningBeard
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by BurningBeard »

dbr wrote:I knew Jack Johnson was a dunce, but letting your mom manage your finances until age 27 (and until she's run them into the ground)?

Jesus.
The gold nugget in that article is this:

Jack Johnson fired his agent so this man could be involved in his finances. Dunce doesn't cover it.
Every time I look out my window, same three dogs looking back at me.
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

^ The girl's reaction says it all! :D
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
donlever
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by donlever »

Hockey Widow wrote:
donlever wrote:...The Score reporting that Slava Voynov to be charged with one felony count of corporal injury to spouse.

As long as he is suspended with pay his cap should count. But if he is convicted I wonder what happens.

Nope.

Suspension stays.

However....

Kings to receive cap relief for salary and bonuses under the Bona Fide Long-Term Injury Exception .
DeLevering since 1999.
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

BurningBeard wrote:
dbr wrote:I knew Jack Johnson was a dunce, but letting your mom manage your finances until age 27 (and until she's run them into the ground)?

Jesus.
The gold nugget in that article is this:

Jack Johnson fired his agent so this man could be involved in his finances. Dunce doesn't cover it.
I trust he used some of his son's money on shoe polish.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

donlever wrote:
Hockey Widow wrote:

Nope.

Suspension stays.

However....

Kings to receive cap relief for salary and bonuses under the Bona Fide Long-Term Injury Exception .
I don't understand. Are you saying he is still suspended but they get cap relief?

Never mind, got it. I really don't have a problem with them getting cap relief. It was fun to watch because they are a hated rival but if it was us I'd be screaming for cap relief. I guess he could flee back to Russia to avoid jail and keep playing. I'm sure Putin would find a freighter to let him stow away, or they could just issue him a new passport on the sly.

Now that the precedent has been set, when it's time, let's see if we can get Luongo on a felony DUI :mrgreen:
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Hockey Widow wrote:
donlever wrote:
Hockey Widow wrote:

Nope.

Suspension stays.

However....

I don't understand. Are you saying he is still suspended but they get cap relief?

Never mind, got it. I really don't have a problem with them getting cap relief. It was fun to watch because they are a hated rival but if it was us I'd be screaming for cap relief. I guess he could flee back to Russia to avoid jail and keep playing. I'm sure Putin would find a freighter to let him stow away, or they could just issue him a new passport on the sly.

Now that the precedent has been set, when it's time, let's see if we can get Luongo on a felony DUI :mrgreen:
Could he be Bill Cosby'd.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Todd Bersnoozi
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Todd Bersnoozi »

Wow, never seen Luc get dropped like that. He did have it coming and he was due. JB should go out and get this Prout guy. :D
Benjo
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Benjo »

I love the extra jab Lucic gives Prout after he's tied up by refs. Prout could have absolutely destroyed him after that initial KO punch.
Todd Bersnoozi
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Todd Bersnoozi »

Benjo wrote:Prout could have absolutely destroyed him after that initial KO punch.
Yeah, looks like Prout held back after he KOed Luc.
Mr.Miyagi
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Mr.Miyagi »

Todd Bersnoozi wrote:
Benjo wrote:Prout could have absolutely destroyed him after that initial KO punch.
Lucic ... what a POS (to quote our starting goalie)....

He goes after Prout, Prout reluctantly obliges and makes him look like Bambi on ice. Pout could have fed him his lunch and pumped his eyes shut but held back.

Lucic pays him back with a cheap shot once the refs are involved.

Have the Bruins played the Habs yet? Wasn't Lucic supposed to f**king kill Weise this season?
In Okinawa, all Miyagi know two things: hockey and karate.
damonberryman
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by damonberryman »

Mr.Miyagi wrote:
Todd Bersnoozi wrote:
Lucic ... what a POS (to quote our starting goalie)....

He goes after Prout, Prout reluctantly obliges and makes him look like Bambi on ice. Pout could have fed him his lunch and pumped his eyes shut but held back.

Lucic pays him back with a cheap shot once the refs are involved.

Have the Bruins played the Habs yet? Wasn't Lucic supposed to f**king kill Weise this season?
They played and Lucic behaved. They also play tonite in Boston as last was in Montreal
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Prout fucking clobbered Lucic . Fucking Jack Edwards sounded like he had a mouthful of dogshit . I would like to take a baseball bat to that pricks dome . What time is normal to start crushing pints to cure a hangover ? :?
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”