OOTS; 2019-2020

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Re: OOTS; 2019-2020

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Doyle Hargraves wrote: Mon Jan 13, 2020 2:46 pm
Chef Boi RD wrote: Mon Jan 13, 2020 2:41 pm
Doyle Hargraves wrote: Mon Jan 13, 2020 2:05 pm
Chef Boi RD wrote: Mon Jan 13, 2020 2:03 pm
Hank wrote: Mon Jan 13, 2020 2:00 pm Here's what ex-NHLers and hockey insiders think

Ex-referee Paul Stewart: Provocateur who turtles
Probably why Doyle is changing his tune
Adjustments.
That’s my move
I like seeing the anger in games again.
This

I miss the passionate hate between teams, the game is becoming to gentrified. The league will be doing damage to the passion if they suspend Kassian
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Carl Yagro
MVP
MVP

Post by Carl Yagro »

Doyle Hargraves wrote: Mon Jan 13, 2020 3:00 pm
Chef Boi RD wrote: Mon Jan 13, 2020 2:44 pm The kind of hits Tkachuk laid out on Kassian are the same kind of hits Tom Wilson does but at least Wilson backs it up
Wilson has had many dirtier hits than any Tkachuk delivered on Saturday.
^This.

Raffi Torres has his career end, but Tom Wilson gets a raise.
The Best GD Canucks Hockey Talk Forum in the World... With Only 18 People!
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Mon Jan 13, 2020 2:44 pm The kind of hits Tkachuk laid out on Kassian are the same kind of hits Tom Wilson does but at least Wilson backs it up
Yes, but you know and everyone else knows that Wilson won’t back down from anyone. It’s what I’m taking about. If you are to chicken to back it up don’t poke the bear. Tkachuk clearly poked the bear
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Mon Jan 13, 2020 3:26 pm
Yes, but you know and everyone else knows that Wilson won’t back down from anyone. It’s what I’m taking about. If you are to chicken to back it up don’t poke the bear. Tkachuk clearly poked the bear
Absolutely. Wilson is a dirty prick but he backs it up. So did Bryan Marchment the filthy asshole. Jarkko Ruutu did as well.

As an asside Kassian has become a classic enforcer. He may not always win but he has the temperament down pat. He’s half nuts out there but has enough skill and speed to keep up. Too bad he was lit up when he was here. This is the type of player we all hoped he’d be here.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Doyle Hargraves wrote: Mon Jan 13, 2020 3:59 pm
Chef Boi RD wrote: Mon Jan 13, 2020 3:26 pm
Absolutely. Wilson is a dirty prick but he backs it up. So did Bryan Marchment the filthy asshole. Jarkko Ruutu did as well.

As an asside Kassian has become a classic enforcer. He may not always win but he has the temperament down pat. He’s half nuts out there but has enough skill and speed to keep up. Too bad he was lit up when he was here. This is the type of player we all hoped he’d be here.
Kassian would be fantastic in vancouver. He is actually going to hit ufa this summer...just in case ferky is done
If you need air...call it in
Carl Yagro
MVP
MVP

Post by Carl Yagro »

Zack gets 2 games for whaling a turtle.

Next game... against the Flames.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Hank wrote: Mon Jan 13, 2020 4:36 pm Zack gets 2 games for whaling a turtle.

The NHL should be ashamed for protecting rats

That’s gonna be a good game to watch. Matthew Tkachuk your reputation is on the line, are you gonna grow some balls?
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

He had to get something. He plugged him 8 or 10 times. Pretty funny the officials were in no hurry to get in there to break it up. Neither were Tkachuk’s teammates :lol:

He really has an arrogant streak to him similar to Ryan Kesler.
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Mon Jan 13, 2020 5:00 pm
Hank wrote: Mon Jan 13, 2020 4:36 pm Zack gets 2 games for whaling a turtle.

The NHL should be ashamed for protecting rats

That’s gonna be a good game to watch. Matthew Tkachuk your reputation is on the line, are you gonna grow some balls?
Ahem
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
Carl Yagro
MVP
MVP

Post by Carl Yagro »

Turtle is soiling the family name.

I remember the old man was quite the tough customer. Don't think I ever saw him turtle.

Hell, his little bro is willing to drop 'em.
Doyle Hargraves wrote: Mon Jan 13, 2020 5:12 pm He had to get something. He plugged him 8 or 10 times. Pretty funny the officials were in no hurry to get in there to break it up. Neither were Tkachuk’s teammates :lol:

Neil, his ex-teammate piped up. Basically scoffing at his train track statement and calling them cheap hits... and Neil knows cheap.

Didn't Lucic try to get at him multiple times while with the Oil? You're not hearing a peep from him trying to defend Turtleboy.

Kesler was an arrogant prick, but I give him huge props for dropping them with Iggy as a rook. He almost got killed in that fight.
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

Hank wrote: Mon Jan 13, 2020 5:18 pm Kesler was an arrogant prick, but I give him huge props for dropping them with Iggy as a rook. He almost got killed in that fight.
This one?
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
Carl Yagro
MVP
MVP

Post by Carl Yagro »

Yup, that was it. Kesler still had his rookie #20.

Actually, he held his own in that fight. Got some good licks in too against a very tough hombre. I was quite impressed by his brass balls at the time.

But I recently heard in his podcast with Bieksa that Iggy just missed a couple of times with big rights that would have killed him had he connected. Bieksa joked, how could he have missed that nose?
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Hank wrote: Mon Jan 13, 2020 5:18 pm Turtle is soiling the family name.

I remember the old man was quite the tough customer. Don't think I ever saw him turtle.

Hell, his little bro is willing to drop 'em.
Doyle Hargraves wrote: Mon Jan 13, 2020 5:12 pm He had to get something. He plugged him 8 or 10 times. Pretty funny the officials were in no hurry to get in there to break it up. Neither were Tkachuk’s teammates :lol:

Neil, his ex-teammate piped up. Basically scoffing at his train track statement and calling them cheap hits... and Neil knows cheap.

Didn't Lucic try to get at him multiple times while with the Oil? You're not hearing a peep from him trying to defend Turtleboy.

Kesler was an arrogant prick, but I give him huge props for dropping them with Iggy as a rook. He almost got killed in that fight.
Props to Kesler. I remember that fight. He’s lucky he ducked that second last left. Jarome was trying to break his grill there. Iginla was a great fighter for a top line guy. Just the way Tkachuk popped off after the game and today... he’s pretty full of himself like Kesler. Fucking Bountiful is some hilarious reading right now.

His brother seems to back up his play a lot more than Mathew. The old man fought his own battles as well. I can’t see Keith appreciating his oldest son not backing his shit up.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

I love hitting in Hockey but those hits are what I consider an invitation to a scrap
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Hank wrote: Mon Jan 13, 2020 5:18 pm I remember the old man was quite the tough customer. Don't think I ever saw him turtle.
Well he ran and hid from Great In The Community once...

Strangelove wrote: Fri Nov 30, 2018 12:13 pm ImageImage

Over the years Trev went up against some much tougher hombres that Fatso:

Matt Greene
Sean Avery
Bill Lindsay
Rob Ray
Stephane Matteau
Tie Domi
Adam Foote
Mark Hunter
Frank Musil
Steven Finn

Eventually he realized that a #1 centre was more valuable on the ice than in the box.

Mr Linden was definitely not afraid of Blubbo, here's an example:

http://dropyourgloves.com/fights/GameEv ... Game=10209

"Trevor Linden - Aggressor"
"Keith Tkachuk - Victim"

Trevor attacked the fatty, launching him into the boards.

Tkapuke got up and skated toward TL, running at the mouth.

Trev immediately dropped his gloves and Fat Chicken declined.
:drink:
____
Try to focus on someday.