OOTS; 2019-2020

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Re: OOTS; 2019-2020

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Doyle Hargraves wrote: Sun Jan 12, 2020 9:55 am Your grasp of the English language is truly astonishing. Who condoned turtling?

I merely commented that a player shouldn’t have to fight after throwing a clean hit.
But it did confirm once again that he is the games current official Turtle Champ
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Sun Jan 12, 2020 9:59 am
Doyle Hargraves wrote: Sun Jan 12, 2020 9:55 am Your grasp of the English language is truly astonishing. Who condoned turtling?

I merely commented that a player shouldn’t have to fight after throwing a clean hit.
But it did confirm once again that he is the games current official Turtle Champ
Absolutely... shades of Matt Cooke with five times the talent. But Cooke was a filthy player. Tkachuk while a rat and a turtle doesn’t play filthy. A punk absolutely, but I haven’t seen him trying to maim a guy like Cooke, Torres, or Marchment.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

He did sucker punch a Swede once and stick a guy from the bench So it’s not like he can’t throw them, whatever he’s throwing.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

I’m curious how many games Kassian gets for this. I’m betting 2-3 games. Didn’t Lucic get 2 for plugging Zadorov? Nice to see some emotion in the games again.
BCExpat
MVP
MVP

Post by BCExpat »

Tkachuk is living in Kassian's head, rent free. He made Kassian loose it and take a 4 minute penalty which led to a game winning power play goal. To top it off, Tkachuk was screening the goalie on that goal. He may be a turtle, but he drew a penalty on Kassian which was the difference in the game. Like him or not, he is a very effective player.
Whale Oil Beef Hooked
"When you come to a fork in the road, take it" - Yogi Berra
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Doyle Hargraves wrote: Sun Jan 12, 2020 10:52 am I’m curious how many games Kassian gets for this. I’m betting 2-3 games. Didn’t Lucic get 2 for plugging Zadorov? Nice to see some emotion in the games again.
You seriously think he'll get a suspension for that?
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

BCExpat wrote: Sun Jan 12, 2020 10:58 am Tkachuk is living in Kassian's head, rent free. He made Kassian loose it and take a 4 minute penalty which led to a game winning power play goal. To top it off, Tkachuk was screening the goalie on that goal. He may be a turtle, but he drew a penalty on Kassian which was the difference in the game. Like him or not, he is a very effective player.
It’s more about Doyle. He’s always hated those types of players, but loves Matthew. We are all just trying to help Doyle get to the place of understanding that his hating of the Juolevi pick is so powerful that it has made him love a style of player he has hated his entire hockey fan life
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

BCExpat wrote: Sun Jan 12, 2020 10:58 am Tkachuk is living in Kassian's head, rent free. He made Kassian loose it and take a 4 minute penalty which led to a game winning power play goal. To top it off, Tkachuk was screening the goalie on that goal. He may be a turtle, but he drew a penalty on Kassian which was the difference in the game. Like him or not, he is a very effective player.
Oh absolutely he's an effective player. There's a reason why there are more than just a few Canucks fans who are unhappy with Elmer's decision to take Juolevi ahead of Tkachuk.

Btw, what did he make Kassian loose? His skate laces?
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

@BradyTrett
Zack Kassian and Matthew Tkachuk continue the hatred in the post-game
https://twitter.com/BradyTrett/status/1 ... 7%3Fs%3D21
"evolution"
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Mëds wrote: Sun Jan 12, 2020 11:01 am
Doyle Hargraves wrote: Sun Jan 12, 2020 10:52 am I’m curious how many games Kassian gets for this. I’m betting 2-3 games. Didn’t Lucic get 2 for plugging Zadorov? Nice to see some emotion in the games again.
You seriously think he'll get a suspension for that?
He has a hearing with the DPS. Did you not see the Lucic suspension? I think this was probably worse. You never know though, I’m fine with no suspension. I like seeing anger and emotion back in the game. The league and some of the pantywaist media and fans have been trying to neuter the physicality out of the sport for far too long.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

“He’s a Pussy” - Kassian

:lol:
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Doyle you know eventually he has to square off properly with Zach, none of this instant wrestling shit. He won’t be able to hide forever. So until then, he’s a pussy.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Sun Jan 12, 2020 11:03 am
It’s more about Doyle. He’s always hated those types of players but will tolerate them on the Canucks. He mostly hates the fact Elmer picked Shitty Juolevi instead Matthew. I am just trying to drag another thread into the ditch instead of discussing the out of town scoreboard.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Sun Jan 12, 2020 11:10 am Doyle you know eventually he has to square off properly with Zach, none of this instant wrestling shit. He won’t be able to hide forever. So until then, he’s a pussy.
Why should I care? I could care less if Kassian puts a beating on him. I’m commenting on the game last night. You are obsessed with someone getting Tkachuk. I think he’s in both your’s and Kassian’s heads.

BTW what a goal by McDavid last night.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Doyle hardly tolerated Cooke and Burrows, players who even though were not good fighters, actually backed it up once in awhile.

“He’s a pussy” - Kassian