World Juniors 2020

Discuss Canada's National Teams in our Team Canada forum.

Moderator: Referees

Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Re: World Juniors 2020

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Mëds wrote: Sat Dec 28, 2019 7:54 pm
Chef Boi RD wrote: Sat Dec 28, 2019 11:19 am Please put the “Ref card” away, Mëds. It’s so classic sour grapes Hockey Canada. Its either blame the refs or the coach when we lose. How about this - this Russians are better than us today, substantially better. Has nothing to do with the goals, the refs, the Russians own every aspect of the game, it’s been like that since the drop of the puck, not sure what game you’re watching
Don’t be a tard.....if you can help it.

I didn’t pin it in the refs. I just said that a bunch of bad luck against a team of teenagers is tough to rally against. I also said it’s not an excuse.

I was only paying token attention to the first period while at work. So going by that period alone and the quality of the officiating there’s no denying the contribution of those calls and non calls to a demoralizing opening 20. They’re kids after all.
Team USA went up 2-0 on Team Canada, we rallied. That was never gonna happen today. It was men against boys for the entire 60 minutes. The Russians beat the Canadians at every aspect of the game. Bad luck? Please.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

Per wrote: Sat Dec 28, 2019 2:14 pm OK.... so let me get this...

Canada beat the USA.
Russia beat Canada.
The Czechs beat Russia.
Germany beat the Czechs.

Does this mean Germany is the best team? :|
Just realizing that the USA beat Germany..... so I guess it’s full circle.
Whatever you do, always give 100 %!
Except when donating blood.
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Perity, you might say.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Sat Dec 28, 2019 8:33 pm
Mëds wrote: Sat Dec 28, 2019 7:54 pm
Chef Boi RD wrote: Sat Dec 28, 2019 11:19 am Please put the “Ref card” away, Mëds. It’s so classic sour grapes Hockey Canada. Its either blame the refs or the coach when we lose. How about this - this Russians are better than us today, substantially better. Has nothing to do with the goals, the refs, the Russians own every aspect of the game, it’s been like that since the drop of the puck, not sure what game you’re watching
Don’t be a tard.....if you can help it.

I didn’t pin it in the refs. I just said that a bunch of bad luck against a team of teenagers is tough to rally against. I also said it’s not an excuse.

I was only paying token attention to the first period while at work. So going by that period alone and the quality of the officiating there’s no denying the contribution of those calls and non calls to a demoralizing opening 20. They’re kids after all.
Team USA went up 2-0 on Team Canada, we rallied. That was never gonna happen today. It was men against boys for the entire 60 minutes. The Russians beat the Canadians at every aspect of the game. Bad luck? Please.
Read between the lines of what I said all you want.

That first goal came 1:44 into the game. It came off of a bad turnover, and it didn't really seem forced, just a stupid pass by a young player and the Russian player was in between. The shot was a decent one, but nothing crazy, and the save was positional. The puck took a bounce and dropped in behind the goalie as he fell over. ALL of that is just bad luck, or hockey god mischief, take your pick. To cap it off the Russian player was offside on the initial entry play and then again on the actual turnover, but Hunter didn't challenge. Regardless of the latter, a bounce like that can be demoralizing, especially for youngsters who have grown up in a country where our biggest historical rival is Russia. Sure, they should be able to overcome that, it's part of the game. But they faltered, and Russia pounced. Hard to judge much in the first 1:44, but that was the turning point. Russia simply took that momentum and tore Canada apart. Then the 3rd goal. Then they lose their best player.....but by that time the writing was on the wall.

Russia looks good, they out-skated us from the first goal onward, but it wasn't as lopsided as you're making it sound.....at least not in the first period. They out-shot us big time that period, but they also had 3 PP's (including some 5-on-3) to our 15 seconds.

Yes our goaltending needed to be better, and when that's weak the team's confidence is dubious.

Regardless, you are overstating things in typical CBRD fashion and simply clinging to your own doom and gloom narrative.

The only reason I now care about whether or not we go on to rally and win gold is to come back and quote the shit out of this thread in response to your "I knew it all along" celebrating.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Canadas goalies cant stop fuck all Mëds. Because of this it wont be their tournament even if they rally moving forward. This Daws kid sucks
If you need air...call it in
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

A guy to watch is Jordan Harris on USA. Hes not that big but punches way over his weight class. Skates like Hughes almost.

Good thing MTL score on that 3rd rounder cuz Caufield is Jordan Schroeder the 2nd

I predict The Pod morphs into a selke type of winger but never becomes a top scoring threat. Hes strong, smart and motivated for sure but doesnt seem to have the in tight touch to rack up goals. Also, his passing game is game very underrated. Hes a possession master
Carl Yagro
MVP
MVP

Post by Carl Yagro »

I was hoping for Zegras, but anyone other than pint-sized Caufield. Just wasn't sold on him.

Thank goodness we picked the Pod. I can see him starting on a wrecking line with JV and Gauds when he arrives.

I think Tide Podz will be a much better version of Pearson on both sides of the puck.
The Best GD Canucks Hockey Talk Forum in the World... With Only 18 People!
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

What has struck me most about Pod is his play without the puck, stick down, facing the puck carrier and moving to open areas making himself a passing option. The kid has some smarts.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

He has some jam too. Always in there sticking up for his team, elevating his intensity, borderline chippiness.

Hes a warrior... the canucks need his passion and fight in the lineup. He might just be the missing element
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Topper wrote: Sun Dec 29, 2019 1:37 pm What has struck me most about Pod is his play without the puck, stick down, facing the puck carrier and moving to open areas making himself a passing option. The kid has some smarts.
The Brown Wizard wrote: Sun Dec 29, 2019 1:52 pm He has some jam too. Always in there sticking up for his team, elevating his intensity, borderline chippiness.

Hes a warrior... the canucks need his passion and fight in the lineup. He might just be the missing element
What I didn't realize was Podz passing skills, he's setting up his mates left and right but no one can finish.

Hoglander is a puck wizard out there, dirty dangles.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Both Hog and Pod have sn amazing compete level, they will be great additions to the team
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Mon Dec 30, 2019 10:31 am Both Hog and Pod have sn amazing compete level, they will be great additions to the team
Another goal / a regular goal, for Hog today; https://twitter.com/IIHFHockey/status/1 ... de%3Dfalse
"evolution"
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

The Brown Wizard wrote: Sun Dec 29, 2019 9:31 am Canadas goalies cant stop fuck all Mëds. Because of this it wont be their tournament even if they rally moving forward. This Daws kid sucks
I never said they could.

Although they just beat Germany 4-1.....if we beat the Czech's in regulation we are top spot in our pool. WTF eh wot?

Either our pool is incredibly balanced, or USA and RUS are incredibly inconsistent.

I really think they need to stop putting Sweden in the pool with Swiss, Kazakstan, and Slovakia. Basically all Sweden has to do is play one strong game to beat the Fins and they are a lock to go undefeated barring a complete collapse AND a couple of traitors scoring intentionally on their own net.
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

micky107 wrote: Mon Dec 30, 2019 12:15 pm
Chef Boi RD wrote: Mon Dec 30, 2019 10:31 am Both Hog and Pod have sn amazing compete level, they will be great additions to the team
Another goal / a regular goal, for Hog today; https://twitter.com/IIHFHockey/status/1 ... de%3Dfalse
And an assist. Brings him to 6 points in 3 games so far. :thumbs:
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

Mëds wrote: Mon Dec 30, 2019 1:36 pm
The Brown Wizard wrote: Sun Dec 29, 2019 9:31 am Canadas goalies cant stop fuck all Mëds. Because of this it wont be their tournament even if they rally moving forward. This Daws kid sucks
I never said they could.

Although they just beat Germany 4-1.....if we beat the Czech's in regulation we are top spot in our pool. WTF eh wot?

Either our pool is incredibly balanced, or USA and RUS are incredibly inconsistent.

I really think they need to stop putting Sweden in the pool with Swiss, Kazakstan, and Slovakia. Basically all Sweden has to do is play one strong game to beat the Fins and they are a lock to go undefeated barring a complete collapse AND a couple of traitors scoring intentionally on their own net.
Yeah, the groups are really lopsided this year. It’s a cause of concern, because our guys also started with the toughest game, then the next toughest, and then they finish with two really easy ones. Might lul them into believing they’re invincible, and then when the elimination games start, being complacent could prove lethal...