World Juniors 2020

Discuss Canada's National Teams in our Team Canada forum.

Moderator: Referees

Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Re: World Juniors 2020

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Is Dobson injured? He’s only played 11 games this year?
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Byram is on the team but he’s looked weak. Drysdale I understand he’s a year younger. Best D men so far have been Smith and Bahl. It’s early yet hopefully they can capitalize on the power play. That Delandrea kid is hell on wheels. Thing is these Russians are bigger and meaner than the US team. They aren’t intimidated at all. Would like to see Byfield get some more ice time.
Last edited by Blob Mckenzie on Sat Dec 28, 2019 10:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Sat Dec 28, 2019 10:41 am Is Dobson injured? He’s only played 11 games this year?
No he’s the 7th D in NYI. That’s Lou giving a middle finger to Canada. From what I’ve gathered he’s looked ok when he’s played but it’s a pretty deep team. No idea why they couldn’t let him go for a couple weeks.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Doyle Hargraves wrote: Sat Dec 28, 2019 10:44 am
Chef Boi RD wrote: Sat Dec 28, 2019 10:41 am Is Dobson injured? He’s only played 11 games this year?
No he’s the 7th D in NYI. That’s Lou giving a middle finger to Canada. From what I’ve gathered he’s looked ok when he’s played but it’s a pretty deep team. No idea why they couldn’t let him go for a couple weeks.
Yeah that’s a shit move by Lou. He’s missed 2/3rds of play this season. Brutal.

Yeah Hunter needs to move Drisdale up the lineup. Apparently he’s the 7th defenceman, but the kid’s IQ is off the charts, get him going, the D looks dumb right now. I agree about Byram, not looking overly impressive. Makar and Chabot looked a thousand times more poised than he has at the WJC
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Shit the bed against the Germans and things could get ugly. As I said one division is stacked. Are they basing this on last year’s standings? If so they’d have Canada seeded at 6th? I only see Sweden and Finland as legit on the other side.

Oh well plenty of time to get going here. Time for a PP goal.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Cozens shoot the puck ffs!
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Absolutely not what they need. Brutal. There goes Canada’s tourney
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Hopefully he can return. That kid IS the team.

Ok Hunter give him a mercy hook
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Daws is awful
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

The first Russian goal made me think of Tommy Salo.
Is that Canadian goalie perchance from Edmonton? :|

Meanwhile Sweden is ahead 2-0 against Switzerland adter one period.
Both goals by Fagemo, but the second one came to be thanks to a very nice effort by Höglander! 8-)

Oh, and the second period starts with Höglander scoring on the power play! 3-0! :D
Whatever you do, always give 100 %!
Except when donating blood.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Ferraro is right, the Russians own the middle of the ice
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Sat Dec 28, 2019 11:03 am Ferraro is right, the Russians own the middle of the ice
They own the boards as well. Pretty mean piece of business this red machine. Pod looks good, very strong skater. Not flashy but tenacious at both ends of the ice.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Bump Byfield up now. And put him at centre for fuck sakes.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Byfield needs to do more unless he can’t or Hunter is holding him back, regardless he hasn’t been impressive, he’s nowhere near Lafrenierre.
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Doyle Hargraves wrote: Sat Dec 28, 2019 11:07 am
Chef Boi RD wrote: Sat Dec 28, 2019 11:03 am Ferraro is right, the Russians own the middle of the ice
They own the boards as well. Pretty mean piece of business this red machine. Pod looks good, very strong skater. Not flashy but tenacious at both ends of the ice.
Yeah, they came out strong. Canada wasn't ready.

An unlucky goal against that was a combination of a missed offside and then a save with a rebound that did a funny bounce up in the air that dropped in behind Dow. Kids didn't recover and Russia pounced.

It sure as shit doesn't help when the coaches fail to challenge a couple of goals that were missed offside.

The tripping penalty on Dow was also horseshit.

No excuses though, when you show up for these tournaments wearing the Maple Leaf you should know going in that the deck will be stacked against you and the refs extremely biased towards anyone from the other side of the Atlantic.