Canucks Young Guns

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Re: Canucks Young Guns

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Baertschi, Horvat, Boeser
Dahlin, Pettersson. Virtanen
Goldobin, Gaudette, Lind
Gaunce, Lockwood, Gadjovich

Gone

Hank, Dank, Eriksson (somehow), Granlund, Motte, Lipstick, Dowd, Boucher, Sutter, Gagner

Dahlin
Juolevi
Tryamkin
Tanev
Gudbranson
Brisebios

Demko, DiPietro

Gone

Edler (2019 TDL sell), Hutton (useless), Stecher (stench), Biega (enoughs enough), Pouliot (admit, he's a bust), Del Zotto
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

RoyalDude wrote: Sun Mar 25, 2018 10:37 am Baertschi, Horvat, Boeser
Goldobin, Gaudette, Lind

Gone

Hank, Dank, Eriksson (somehow), Granlund, Motte, Lipstick, Dowd, Boucher, Sutter, Gagner

Dahlin
Juolevi
Tryamkin
Tanev
Gudbranson
Brisebios

Demko, DiPietro

Gone

Edler (2019 TDL sell), Hutton (useless), Stecher (stench), Biega (enoughs enough), Pouliot (admit, he's a bust), Del Zotto
No room for Leipsic??
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Sorry buds I think it would be next to impossible to ditch Sutter, Gagner and Louis without taking a bad contract back for each of them. Year 3 of the Erickson debacle starts next season. Elmer and Green should have a chat with him. Try to appeal to his pride if he has any. Tell him he had been terrible and a thief of money in his two seasons. Tell him if his play doesn’t improve greatly he will be the teams 13th forward and can eat wieners in the press box. If he has another year like the last two, tell him he can finish his contract in Utica. It will only provide minimal cap relief but it will send a message that shitty, listless play and piss poor efforts won’t be tolerated. He is a horrible example for young players to watch.

I don’t like Sutter and Gagner at all but I think they are genuinely putting in some effort. They are just shitty players.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Post by Island Nucklehead »

RoyalDude wrote: Sun Mar 25, 2018 10:30 am I think it comes down to having the "choice" of where to play, it's that simple, IMO, which is why I think "where the team is trending" plays a huge part in the decision.
Also, the opportunity to play NHL minutes sooner.
Blob Mckenzie wrote: Sun Mar 25, 2018 10:24 am There hasn’t been a ton of guys do what Jimmy Vesey did so I am optimistic that he signs here. He turns 22 later this year so he isn’t getting any younger and waiting another 12 months to sign his first deal could cost him dearly as if he does ink a deal now he burns off a contract year. If he plays well like Boeser has he can cash in sooner.
Yeah, if I was him, I'd look at what Boeser has done with the Canucks and think "me too". Boeser can cash in this summer, 15 months after leaving college, on a $7M+ long-term deal.
Cherry Picker
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Cherry Picker »

rats19 wrote: Sun Mar 25, 2018 10:43 am
Goldobin, Gaudette, Lind

Gone

Dahlin
Juolevi
Tryamkin
Tanev
Gudbranson
Brisebios

Demko, DiPietro

Gone

No room for Leipsic??
You have Goldilocks on the roster and Leipsic off. Wrong! Bye bye Goldy, time for his long, sad drive to the airport and the start of his fine career in Russia.
Love to see Gadjovich make it, but no way next year unless his skating improves dramatically. Needs some ahl time.
Lockwood is a reach, too. Needs to prove he belongs in the ahl. Granlund can stay till he is ready.
Sutter is fine in the bottom six. No need to move him until someone can take his job.
But I agree Gagner needs to move on.
Next year Eriksson’s NMC become a NTC. They can and should send him to Utica if he doesn’t improve.
I wouldn’t buy him out because he already got most of his cash in signing bonuses.
I wouldn’t take back someone else’s problem either. Just send him down. If another team wants to grab him off waivers all the better. Or perhaps his new reality will motivate him to play better.
Brisebois is a reach. Edler is probably here for a while until some youth take over. He has had a pretty decent season.
Best case scenario on D if everyone is ready.

Dahlin Edler
Tanev Juolevi
Stecher Tryamkin
Gudbranson MDZ

So saying g’bye to Biega, Hutton and Pouliot is fine by me.
We are all Snidely Whiplash.
ESQ
MVP
MVP

Post by ESQ »

Could be that Gaudette needs to decide on torpedoing a year of university education by signing now and missing exams.

Most college players that get signed do not join the team mid-season - for playoff-bound teams, aren't post-TDD signings not eligible for the playoffs?
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

I believe he can go back after our season ends and do his final exams but isn't eligible to play for Utica in the playoffs. Something like that.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Ronning's Ghost
MVP
MVP

Post by Ronning's Ghost »

Goldobin, Gaudette, Lind

Gone

Dahlin
Juolevi
Tryamkin
Tanev
Gudbranson
Brisebios

Demko, DiPietro

Gone

So, is that it ? Is that the Masterpiece ? The roster of the team that will win several Cups in the next decade ?

If not, how many of those players are on the Masterpiece team ?
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

Timrå lost their first game vs Karlskrona 2-1 in overtime.
No points by Dahlén.

Hopefully they can do better on home ice on Tursday.
Whatever you do, always give 100 %!
Except when donating blood.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Ronning's Ghost wrote: Sun Mar 25, 2018 1:14 pm
Goldobin, Gaudette, Lind

Gone

Dahlin
Juolevi
Tryamkin
Tanev
Gudbranson
Brisebios

Demko, DiPietro

Gone

So, is that it ? Is that the Masterpiece ? The roster of the team that will win several Cups in the next decade ?

The dude knows. He has found the answer at the bottom of his bottle of Violent Sam wrapped in a brown paper bag while fighting off hookers and bums in the parking lot of the Astoria Hotel remembering the good old days sparring with Michael Olajide and Manny Sobral before he sucked on the glass beak
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Sun Mar 25, 2018 10:02 am If he doesn’t sign in the next few days, you look hard at dealing him at the draft. Have to recoup something for the asset because if he finishes his education there’s zero shot of him coming here.

Demko took his time deciding too. He needed to decompress after being eliminated in the Frozen Four. Gaudette will sign here.
The only HW the Canucks need
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Sun Mar 25, 2018 3:03 pm
Ronning's Ghost wrote: Sun Mar 25, 2018 1:14 pm
Goldobin, Gaudette, Lind

Gone

Dahlin
Juolevi
Tryamkin
Tanev
Gudbranson
Brisebios

Demko, DiPietro

Gone

The dude knows. He has found the answer at the bottom of his bottle of Violent Sam wrapped in a brown paper bag while fighting off hookers and bums in the parking lot of the Astoria Hotel remembering the good old days sparring with Michael Olajide and Manny Sobral before he sucked on the glass beak
More like Dale Walters and Tony Pep.

Nothing rivals the young Blobbee Mac Hay Days of trying to prove himself against old drunken guzzlers in the parking lots of the Port Moody Inn and Barnett Inn.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

23 minutes ago from ole reliable, regarding GODette - DhaliwalSports

https://twitter.com/DhaliwalSports/stat ... 6910144512
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

ESQ wrote: Sun Mar 25, 2018 11:47 am Could be that Gaudette needs to decide on torpedoing a year of university education by signing now and missing exams.
Could he not just do his exams in the summer?
Most college players that get signed do not join the team mid-season - for playoff-bound teams, aren't post-TDD signings not eligible for the playoffs?
Charlie McAvoy.
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

RoyalDude wrote: Sun Mar 25, 2018 3:32 pm 23 minutes ago from ole reliable, regarding GODette - DhaliwalSports

https://twitter.com/DhaliwalSports/stat ... 6910144512
"I want the rookie max."

"Okay."