The Official Dave Ayres CC "All Thing Leaves" thread

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

BigTuna
CC Hall of Fan Member

Re: The Official CC "All Thing Leaves" thread

Post by BigTuna »

I'll be drunk at the parade this week and they'll be 0 arrests. Unlike in some other cities.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Were you drunk wandering the streets when there weren't riots last month too?

If you need air...call it in
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

BigTuna wrote: Sat Jun 08, 2019 7:19 am
Do you know how safe Toronto is? It's numbers are the best you'l find Anywhere. Much safer than Vancouver
Oh go hug something...
"evolution"
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

I’m cheering for the Raptors. I cheered for the Blue Jays.

Everyone of those pukes that participated in the riot should have been arrested. It was a disgusting behavioural display by a small number, comparatively, of mostly from out of town drunken idiots. True Vancouverites came out over the next few days to clean up. Some formed human chains along streets to protect property, during the riot.

But let the narrative be whatever you need it to be in order for you to believe Toronto is a good city. I understand that, I lived there most of my life. But when you take the opportunity to live in other parts of Canada and to travel the world, well Toronto is much an after thought. Outside of the City most people see it for what it truly is. Yes even around the world people who have been there are mostly unimpressed. But Vancouver, they love the City. Those are simply facts, truisms. I know Tuna, it’s hard to grasp. Keep drinking the koolaid, you’ll need it.

But good luck to the Raptors. I’d love to see them win it all. Great team. I hope you get to enjoy your parade safely. I know it will go a long way to ease your hockey pain.

By the way, if Toronto ever decides it wants the Olympics we can help. After all we held one the world’s most successful winter games, peaceful, calm, celebratory and well, just plain fun.
The only HW the Canucks need
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Sat Jun 08, 2019 8:10 am I can’t see it Mëds. It’s such a melting pot in the GVRD these days. Furthermore they don’t have a stadium anyways so it’s a moot point.
But we the tax payers spent half a billion on a renovation of that monstrosity - BC Place! Government owned facility. For the BC Lions and a temporary home for the Whitecaps!! Artificial turf, not cool for soccer. Are you telling me it won’t support the MLB’s?
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

BigTuna wrote: Sat Jun 08, 2019 7:52 am
Blob Mckenzie wrote: Sat Jun 08, 2019 7:50 am
BigTuna wrote: Sat Jun 08, 2019 7:35 am BTW, how freaked-out are Toronto haters in Vancouver right now?

A parade is coming.....

I loved Vancouver was the one city to not have a Raptors viewing party. Pure jealousy.
Jealous of what exactly?
Lost your NBA team and Toronto is up 3-1 in the finals against a dynasty.
Against a team without the current best basketball in the world - Kevin Durant. Different story if he’s healthy. For that they should put asterisk beside the title if they win
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
BigTuna
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by BigTuna »

RoyalDude wrote: Sat Jun 08, 2019 9:21 am
BigTuna wrote: Sat Jun 08, 2019 7:35 am BTW, how freaked-out are Toronto haters in Vancouver right now?

A parade is coming.....

I loved Vancouver was the one city to not have a Raptors viewing party. Pure jealousy.
Jealous of what exactly?
Against a team without the current best basketball in the world - Kevin Durant. Different story if he’s healthy. For that they should put asterisk beside the title if they win
It's still a championship whether you want to admit it or not.
And the Warriors looked very vulnerable with KD this year. Raps beat them without Leonard this year.
BigTuna
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by BigTuna »

Hockey Widow wrote: Sat Jun 08, 2019 9:04 am I’m cheering for the Raptors. I cheered for the Blue Jays.

Everyone of those pukes that participated in the riot should have been arrested. It was a disgusting behavioural display by a small number, comparatively, of mostly from out of town drunken idiots. True Vancouverites came out over the next few days to clean up. Some formed human chains along streets to protect property, during the riot.

But let the narrative be whatever you need it to be in order for you to believe Toronto is a good city. I understand that, I lived there most of my life. But when you take the opportunity to live in other parts of Canada and to travel the world, well Toronto is much an after thought. Outside of the City most people see it for what it truly is. Yes even around the world people who have been there are mostly unimpressed. But Vancouver, they love the City. Those are simply facts, truisms. I know Tuna, it’s hard to grasp. Keep drinking the koolaid, you’ll need it.

But good luck to the Raptors. I’d love to see them win it all. Great team. I hope you get to enjoy your parade safely. I know it will go a long way to ease your hockey pain.

By the way, if Toronto ever decides it wants the Olympics we can help. After all we held one the world’s most successful winter games, peaceful, calm, celebratory and well, just plain fun.
Many people travel around the world and still say Toronto is an amazing city.
And "Live in other parts of Canada"? I'm sorry, what? Canada has 3 or 4 "Major Cities" that's it. Am I supposed to live in Halifax, Edmonton, or Winnipeg and think differently? LOL.

Like I said, I lived in Montreal and holy crap, what a hellhole.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

BigTuna wrote: Sat Jun 08, 2019 9:26 am
RoyalDude wrote: Sat Jun 08, 2019 9:21 am

A parade is coming.....

Jealous of what exactly?
It's still a championship whether you want to admit it or not.
And the Warriors looked very vulnerable with KD this year. Raps beat them without Leonard this year.
sure
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

RoyalDude wrote: Sat Jun 08, 2019 9:18 am
Blob Mckenzie wrote: Sat Jun 08, 2019 8:10 am I can’t see it Mëds. It’s such a melting pot in the GVRD these days. Furthermore they don’t have a stadium anyways so it’s a moot point.
But we the tax payers spent half a billion on a renovation of that monstrosity - BC Place! Government owned facility. For the BC Lions and a temporary home for the Whitecaps!! Artificial turf, not cool for soccer. Are you telling me it won’t support the MLB’s?
To this very day that pisses me off. The Twins had almost the same building for years. Ceiling must have been higher???
It was tried here but the ball kept hitting the whatevers overhead and fielders couldn't catch.
No high end soccer players will play on AT.
Even with the renos, it's still a white elephant. (with pretty lights).
BC is a hotbed for baseball. With the right stadium, we would've had MLB.
Good major league sports franchises, contrary to the belief of some, actually help each other.

Don't get cocky Tuna, the Jays are dying and from what I understand, there's no way to put real turf in that stadium,
even with the retractable roof.
"evolution"
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

micky107 wrote: Sat Jun 08, 2019 9:55 am
there's no way to put real turf in that stadium,
That’s why the millions spent on a renovation on a building for the BC Lions only (CFL - yay) and a temporary home for Kerfoots pet was real smart. But hey - trade shows!?!? It’s a fucking sports facility.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

RoyalDude wrote: Sat Jun 08, 2019 9:59 am
That’s why the millions spent on a renovation on a building for the BC Lions only (CFL - yay) and a temporary home for Kerfoots pet was real smart. But hey - trade shows!?!? It’s a fucking sports facility.
It was a stupid decision. But there’s no way anyone’s playing MLB games in that dump. And no sorry Mick it isn’t a hotbed for baseball here. No way this city could buy 35,000 tickets x 81. Not a chance.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

BigTuna wrote: Sat Jun 08, 2019 9:28 am
Hockey Widow wrote: Sat Jun 08, 2019 9:04 am I’m cheering for the Raptors. I cheered for the Blue Jays.

Many people travel around the world and still say Toronto is an amazing city.
And "Live in other parts of Canada"? I'm sorry, what? Canada has 3 or 4 "Major Cities" that's it. Am I supposed to live in Halifax, Edmonton, or Winnipeg and think differently? LOL.

Like I said, I lived in Montreal and holy crap, what a hellhole.
The people of Toronto have big time New York envy. They are so fixated on being given the same respect and viewed upon as such. It’s quite comical.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Sat Jun 08, 2019 10:07 am
RoyalDude wrote: Sat Jun 08, 2019 9:59 am
But there’s no way anyone’s playing MLB games in that dump.
I know, it was sarcasm. They spent all that money on a dying league (CFL) that nobody gives a shit about except your Farhan Lalji and Mojs of the world. It’s one of the major reasons why the government isn’t working with Kerfoot in letting build his own stadium with his own money. They’d lose a major tenant and that wouldn’t reflect well on the decision to do that ridiculous renovation to BC Place
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Honestly the CFL would be better off if they expanded it and played the games in smaller stadiums of 20,000 seats or thereabouts. Stick a team in the Martimes, one in the Okanagan and another in Quebec or Ontario. Maybe one on the Island. Get up to 14 - 16 teams that’s what they should be shooting for. Go to four down, cut down the ocean sized end zone and get rid of the Canadian content. Pay the best players regardless of where they are from.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”