Canucks News n Notes 2019-2020

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Re: Canucks News n Notes 2019-2020

Post by Strangelove »

micky107 wrote: Tue Dec 03, 2019 12:22 pm
The Brown Wizard wrote: Tue Dec 03, 2019 12:13 pm Whats the dealio with edler? Still fucked up from the Zassassination?
???????
Yes Mr Wiz: ???????

:D
____
Try to focus on someday.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

micky107 wrote: Tue Dec 03, 2019 12:34 pm Find someone else to troll with, Rosebud. I aint playing.
Oh you played. Image And you lost. Image

And it wasn't trolling, I was merely responding to your "I hope He gets to play a game !!" nonsense. :scowl:
____
Try to focus on someday.
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Strangelove wrote: Tue Dec 03, 2019 12:39 pm

And it wasn't trolling, I was merely responding to your "I hope He gets to play a game !!" nonsense. :scowl:
My, my. A contradiction. You said you won, but it wasn't trolling. :lol:

And I took a smiley from our stock, unlike U >> https://hfboards.mandatory.com/styles/d ... es/nod.gif

It's OK. I pilfer too. :oops:
"evolution"
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

micky107 wrote: Tue Dec 03, 2019 12:54 pm
Strangelove wrote: Tue Dec 03, 2019 12:39 pm

My, my. A contradiction. You said you won, but it wasn't trolling. :lol:
Not a contradiction, what you "lost" was... the debate. Image

Image Image Image

DO YOU STILL HOPE DIPIETRO PLAYS AT THE EXPENSE OF AN INJURY TO DEMKO??

DO YOU?!!! :evil: :twisted: :evil:
____
Try to focus on someday.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Strangelove wrote: Tue Dec 03, 2019 12:35 pm
The Brown Wizard wrote: Tue Dec 03, 2019 12:13 pm Whats the dealio with edler? Still fucked up from the Zassassination?
???????

Edler went for the opening shift splash hit on Kassian...later that game he leaves and hasnt returned.

Me thinks this was where eddy fucked up a shoulder or something

How could you not connect the mysterious 2 points that aren't that unlike Micks rambling rants?

If you need air...call it in
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

The Brown Wizard wrote: Tue Dec 03, 2019 1:04 pm
Strangelove wrote: Tue Dec 03, 2019 12:35 pm
???????

Edler went for the opening shift splash hit on Kassian...later that game he leaves and hasnt returned.

Me thinks this was where eddy fucked up a shoulder or something

How could you not connect the mysterious 2 points that aren't that unlike Micks rambling rants?

Oh I knew what you meant, I was just trolling teasing Micky. :D
____
Try to focus on someday.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Micks shit makes far more sense after about 3 full bowls of primo...I've noticed
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Strangelove wrote: Tue Dec 03, 2019 1:01 pm

I NEVER SAID AT THE EXPENSE OF AN INJURY TO DEMKO!!

Now it's trying to make Mick an evil monster. He isn't. He's a good guy. He would like to see Dipietro get an NHL start because
he may be part of the Canuck's future.
"evolution"
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

micky107 wrote: Tue Dec 03, 2019 1:12 pm

Now it's trying to make Mick an evil monster. He isn't. He's a good guy. He would like to see Dipietro get an NHL start because
:wow:

I'd say chill bro but...

...this is way more interesting so carry on!
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Yeahno, they're not going to play him in this callup unless Demko goes down with an injury bro (you evil monster you). :lol:
____
Try to focus on someday.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

The Brown Wizard wrote: Tue Dec 03, 2019 1:17 pm

:wow:

I'd say chill bro but...

...this is way more interesting so carry on!
It's cool, I was just trolling having-fun-with my good buddy Micky. :wink:
____
Try to focus on someday.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Wheres the game thread? Whos the daddy?
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

The Brown Wizard wrote: Tue Dec 03, 2019 6:10 pm Wheres the game thread? Whos the daddy?
Let's make Mëds do it. :drink:
____
Try to focus on someday.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

micky107 wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 10:53 am I hope DiPietro gets to play a game !!
https://twitter.com/Canucks/status/1201947608303849472
Vancouver #Canucks
@Canucks

Markstrom is expected back by Saturday.

Demko starts tonight.
So lemme see, there's tonight's game and then there's Saturday's game.

Thoughts Mick? :mrgreen:
____
Try to focus on someday.
Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP

Post by Madcombinepilot »

So, in other threads, there are posters who feel we have overpaid for our bottom 6 players, simply because of contract length and dollar amount of the contracts. I thought I would have a look at it, and open a discussion.

our lineup:

1) top 6 players:
JT Miller, Petey, Brock, Bo

2) Signed as top 6 players:
Ericksson, Goldobin

3) Middle 6 players
Ferlund, Virtanen, Rousell, Pearson, Baertschi, Sutter, Gaudette, Levio

4) Bottom 6:
Beagle, Motte, Schaller

I will start by looking at the section 2: Signed as top 6 (not necessarily playing that way!)
- Erickssson. playing like a 5.1 million dollar waste, as that's the cost difference of a call up. I dislike his play so bad, I cant be bothered to spell his name right. The guy was signed to do one thing (top 6 forward), and has played his way to the 4th line - and only that because of injuries. His play has been discussed here at great length, and doesn't need to be repeated. But, never forget, was signed as a top 6 guy and the team is simply trying to get any kind of value for him at this point, so his wasted 5.1 million should count against the 'top 6' portion of the salary, not bottom 3.
- Goldobin. A cost effective signing for a guy who will soon be back in Utica because of his defensive shortcomings. While there are some in the media still think that because of great AHL numbers he should be given 'his shot', its because most of those media people don't actually watch the games. he has had 'his shot' 5 times on 2 different teams with 3 different coaches. Gobby might actually crack an NHL top 6 somewhere, but it wont be this team, playing this system. best way to give Goldobin 'His Shot' is to trade him for whatever you can get so he can move on to fail with his 3rd NHL team. Then perhaps the media will give up on him. Once back in Utica, his top 6 waste is net 0. At under a million for his contract, he is a no harm, no foul kinda player.

Middle 6 forwards
-Ferlund. Fans and Media had him Signed as top 6 guy, Management gave him a middle 6 contract. Since coming here has played as a middle 6. Not a big deal, as Ferlund is known for physical play opposed to hockey smarts. It could take him a while to learn a new system. Injuries aside, his 3.5 salary is ok for a middle 6 guy, its his term that could be a concern. but term doesn't take up cap.
-Virtanen. Middle 6 guy playing sporadically as a top 6 guy. Great value at 1.25m with his production and play so far. nice to have home grown depth players on a good contract. Good teams develop home grown players. with his contract, the media, soothsayers and armchair GM's out there should stop trading him every week.
-Roussel. Signed as a middle 6 guy for 3 million. Has only played 2nd and 3rd line here. great value for production and character. perhaps an extra year in term, but term doesn't count against the salary cap
-Pearson. traded for as a 3.75 million dollar middle 6 guy. streaky as hell, so when he goes 14 games with 2 points the haters hate. when he gets 12 points in 11 games, haters hate on someone else and ignore the reality if a 3.75 million contract getting .5 points per game.. (.5 points per game usually at under 4 million contract is considered 'good value' contract by most GMs -excepting Edm, TO and LA). a fucking steal of a trade for what we sent the other way. When following the 'trade trail' to the start, Pearson for McCann (different roles) is not as bad...
-Baertschi. Injury issues have derailed this contract. injuries happen. at 2.3 mil, its a wasted 1.4 million in Utica. If injuries had not derailed him and he scored 20 goals for us again, its a great signing. but, wasted 1.4 in middle 6
-Sutter. signed at 4.375. arguable if he is middle 6, or bottom 6. has never layed bottm 3 here, but played up the lineup. should have been signed as a third line guy, thus overpaid for a million and a year (2?) of term. Wasted 1 million in bottom 6 space.
-Gaudette. Entry level contract. playing WAY above his paygrade. is going to force another middle 6 guy from the lineup as the team gets healthy. Nice to develop home grown talent as depth. need 2-3 players on ELC's that overperform their contracts to have a good team. That's what Good teams do.
-Levio. at 1.5 million, having a utility guy like this as your 13th forward is a good thing. as he is only paid 1.5, with 14 points through 29 games, he is overperforming on his contract. He is a fancy stat darling, can play anywhere, and his contract does not hurt the team. Great 13th forward if we can get healthy enough to put him in his place.

Bottom 6 Forwards:
Beagle. at 3 million for your 4th line center you are overpaying. with his defensive awareness, PK play and faceoff skills its not as bad as it looks at first glance. Once you factor in his conditioning, work ethic, leadership and playoff experience, He is overpaid by about 500k. Perhaps an extra year because of his age, but not a big deal.
Motte. Entry level contract. brings it all every game.
Schaller. at 1.9, he didn't play to his contract last year, but when paired with Beagle is playing WAY better this year. overpaid by about 4-500k

so, in summary, when looking at the 4th line, its really only overpaid by about a million dollars when its crewed by Beagle, Schaller and Motte (its most effective mix).

the third line with Sutter on it is overpaid by a couple million (perhaps as much as 3m) - this is cost controlled by roster size. a third line costing 8-11 million is ok when your top line costs 12-13 million.
** If Gaudette is playing with Roussel and Virtanen, its a steal of a line.

second line is right in line - cost wise.

Guess we need to do what everyone knows we need to do.
Kill/trade/maim/send-to-ECHL-fail-to-report/LTIR/meowshwitz/retire Ericksson
ride out the Luongo bullshit
trade Sutter when he gets Healthy
trade Goldobin and Beartschi for picks/or prospects
get Leivo onto the bench
have MacEwen fill in for Motte on the 4th line

team is fine capwise after GMJB gets that done.
The 'Chain of Command' is the chain I am going to beat you with until you understand I am in charge.